Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Player Ratings vs Brighton

Kasper 8 - Saved a penalty and got his positioning spot on when dealing with crosses. Distribution was mediocre though.

Konchesky - 6 Didn't really do a whole lot but was solid.

Whitbread - 5 Wins 90% of his headers which is an asset but dosn't look comfortable on the ball and gave away a penalty

Morgan - 8 Player of the season so far without a doubt, dependable

De Laet - 7 Made a storming run that almost got a goal, looked good in defense although sometimes makes a poor pass.

Moore - 6 Didn't really have alot to do.

Dyer - 7 Caused the opposition problems and rarely gave the ball away.

Drinkwater - 6 Generally good but made more errors than usual

King - 9 Perfect performance, defended, attacked ran with the ball, scored, held the ball up. Didn't see him make a mistake

Knockaert - 7 Made some brilliant passes and showed he has great technical ability. Could have worked a shooting opportunity on a couple of occasions instead of too many touches, made a few mistakes with passes too.

Marshall - 6 Didn't really have alot of time to make an impact.

Nugent - 5 Wasn't involved for most of the game, looked tired.

Waghorn - 7 Held the ball up well at times and showed good positioning off the ball. Lacked composure still at times.

Vardy - 7 Worked tirelessly to close down opponents.

Knockaert 6 (I''m perhaps the only one who wasn't impressed by the guy. He took to many touches tonight and stopped the flow of so many moves. Sometimes I think he plays to the crowd and for himself rather than the team although he did have energy and he did turn up in a lot of places and delight us with the odd bit of skill. But, as so often, there was precious little outcome and so much of his over-elaboration gave Brighton time to regroup).

Now, I agree with some of that, certainly from his first half performance. It wasn't his best game for us, he had a few wasteful touches and didn't quite seem at the races in the first 45.

Second half, though? Much better. Whilst there was still the odd wayward pass - and I'd probably agree with a 6 overall, despite some ridiculously audacious skill - to suggest he slowed the game down more than he sped it up, overall, is ludicrous.

He was almost single handedly responsible for our repeat counters in the second half and repeatedly kept them alive with some absolutely stunning through balls that often deserved better from their recipients. I sat there genuinely pleased to see a midfielder of ours genuinely build pace on a forward-bursting move.

Think he looks much, much better in the middle than out wide for that reason.

Now, I agree with some of that, certainly from his first half performance. It wasn't his best game for us, he had a few wasteful touches and didn't quite seem at the races in the first 45.

Second half, though? Much better. Whilst there was still the odd wayward pass - and I'd probably agree with a 6 overall, despite some ridiculously audacious skill - to suggest he slowed the game down more than he sped it up, overall, is ludicrous.

He was almost single handedly responsible for our repeat counters in the second half and repeatedly kept them alive with some absolutely stunning through balls that often deserved better from their recipients. I sat there genuinely pleased to see a midfielder of ours genuinely build pace on a forward-bursting move.

That 40 yard reverse pass to Marshall with about 5 minutes to go was brilliant.

That 40 yard reverse pass to Marshall with about 5 minutes to go was brilliant.

To have that much vision and actual be able to pull off a pass like that at his age shows that this lads has so much talent, he still has a lot to learn but with a manger like NP keeping him a grounded could make him a world class player. That skill in the corner I just cant work out how he did it! :wub:

Kasper 8 - Difficult to mark as he didn't have much to do, but when he did he did it perfectly.

De Laet 6 - One amazing run to set up Waghorn, but played a few risky balls and could have cost us.

Konchesky - 7 - Pretty solid in attack and defence

Morgan 8.5 - solid... as... a... rock.

Whitbread 7 - Thought he played well, would have to see the penno again to see if he nearly cost us.

King 8.5 - did what King does. Scored and links up well with Drinkwater

Drinkwater 8.5 - MOTM - Very close but would shade my man of the match just ahead of King and Morgan. Thought he was tireless breaking up play but also getting the ball and getting forward moves going as quickly as he could. Is the closest player we've had to Neil Lennon for me in quite some time.

Dyer 6 - great first 20 but then like most players seemed to vanish into his shell.

Knockaert 6.5 - plenty of wasteful balls first half, nearly cost us with a needless flick towards the end. Undoubted class at times though with some great stuff at the end.

Nugent 6 - Brilliant run that created the goal, but did little else but work hard.

Waghorn 6 - General build up play was fine, missed a chance (didn't look that easy from my seat) but looks massively short of confidence in the box.

Moore 5.5 struggled to get in the game, played some poor clearances and got caught out of position slightly a few times.

Marshall 6.5 - looked a bit more threatening with him on the pitch.

Vardy 6 - Willing runner

Sch- 8 MOM,pen saved got us 3 points which we would have lost imo if it went in

De laet- 6,1 great run that was his contribution

Konch- 5, for a stupid free kick

Whitbread- 7.5, 1st time I've seen him, very impressed. Unlucky with peno

Morgan- 6, steady

King- 6.5, .5 extra for the goal. Chasing shadows most of the time

Drinkwater- 8, like the way he broke up their play, never stopped chasing & fighting for the ball

Dyer- 7, don't rate him as a championship player but some of his crosses nearly came of tonight

Knock- 7.5, quality player. Chases, tackles, fantastic vision,helps out defensively as well. Diff class to Dyer. Only thing about him tonight he gave the ball away to easily at times

Waggy- 5, never stopped chasing, desp for a goal. Will Pearson give him many more chances, I don't think so.

Nugent- 4, worse game I seem him play for a while

Subs

Marshall- 5, slowed the game for us when he got the ball. 1 mistake not passing to knock in the box when he had the chance. Tries to do too much himself

Vardy- 4, no contribution when he came on apart from his honest chasing the ball as usual

Moore- 6, get his shape well

Kasper - 9 - didn't do anything wrong and obviously saved the peno!

Konch - 7 solid performance

Morgan - 8 Captain leading by example, CMS didn't stand a chance

Whitbread - 7 As for Morgan but did concede a peno

RDL - 7 Great going forward but lost the ball atleast 3 or 4 times 1st half..once of which nearly resulted in a goal

Dyer - 8 Skinned the defence and put a few good balls in

Drinkwater - 9 Keeps us ticking over, won back possession countless times and is a real star in the making.

King - 9 Didn't win the ball back as much as Drinkwater but thats not so much his job, he was great and of course scored.

Knockaert. 7 First half 6. Second half 8. Pretty wasteful and too slow on the ball first half but brightened up second half. Got number 2 really wound up at the end with his showboating which i found pretty amusing!

Waghorn 7 - Finishing still not quite there. Held it up well and sent a few people through on goal. Nice free kick effort.

Nugent 6- Quiet game and didn't really do much other than 1 decent shot.

Moore- 7 Can't fault a solid defensive performance

Marshall - 7 Did a good job and made the gk work.

Vardy - 7 Full of running and made the defence move the ball quicker than they wanted to.

I've had to stop reading Thracian's thoughts on Knockaert as it's like talking to my mum after she's had 3 bottles of red wine and read the Daily Mail. If Max Gradel was performing how Knockaert is doing when he was at Leicester, Thracian would be going bonkers. He says that Knockaert so often produces little, yet he's already got numerous assists and has put chances on a plate for Vardy several times, Dyer several times, Waghorn and Nugent plus he's already scored 3 times in 7 starts. It's baffling, especially as his love-in with Dyer who has been decent so far this season but that boy seldom creates and goalscoring opportunities. He wastes plenty and yes his pace scares the opposition but he's so wasteful.

As a central midfielder it depends where he is. Up front we can recover if his ideas don't come off. Further back he's more of a liability cos he's always likely to lose the ball and the risk is greater.

Those goals at Huddersfield will long live in the memory but he could be much more effective than he is at present by keeping it simple up to the last quarter of the field and using his tricks more sparingly and for situations where they're likely to hurt more.

I've had to stop reading Thracian's thoughts on Knockaert as it's like talking to my mum after she's had 3 bottles of red wine and read the Daily Mail. If Max Gradel was performing how Knockaert is doing when he was at Leicester, Thracian would be going bonkers. He says that Knockaert so often produces little, yet he's already got numerous assists and has put chances on a plate for Vardy several times, Dyer several times, Waghorn and Nugent plus he's already scored 3 times in 7 starts. It's baffling, especially as his love-in with Dyer who has been decent so far this season but that boy seldom creates and goalscoring opportunities. He wastes plenty and yes his pace scares the opposition but he's so wasteful.

Dyer is totally underrated on this forum - both with what he creates and what he prevents in his defensive duties.

And one of the big pluses with Dyer is that he keeps it simple in places where running with the ball is a risk.

No-one discounts the good things Knockaert's done - and the match results that have come with them.

I'm saying that he could achieve so much more and that he doesn't always help the flow of our play.

As a central midfielder it depends where he is. Up front we can recover if his ideas don't come off. Further back he's more of a liability cos he's always likely to lose the ball and the risk is greater.

Those goals at Huddersfield will long live in the memory but he could be much more effective than he is at present by keeping it simple up to the last quarter of the field and using his tricks more sparingly and for situations where they're likely to hurt more.

I think he will improve, but what you cannot do is stifle his natural flair and his inclination to always demand the ball and try and do something with it. I'm amazed you're not sniffing his 'arris, he's exactly the type of player you've coveted for Leicester for years!!!!!!

Dyer is totally underrated on this forum - both with what he creates and what he prevents in his defensive duties.

And one of the big pluses with Dyer is that he keeps it simple in places where running with the ball is a risk.

No-one discounts the good things Knockaert's done - and the match results that have come with them.

I'm saying that he could achieve so much more and that he doesn't always help the flow of our play.

I actually agree with you on Dyer, to a certain extent. Certainly this season where he's been far more purposeful for us, however he is a limited player and is never going to produce pin point crosses and through balls, but his pace and his finishing is valuable. Knockaert is going to be a star, he will improve, which is frightening because if he cut's out the mistakes then you've got a player who can score, assist, dictate play and win matches. Frightening.

I think he will improve, but what you cannot do is stifle his natural flair and his inclination to always demand the ball and try and do something with it. I'm amazed you're not sniffing his 'arris, he's exactly the type of player you've coveted for Leicester for years!!!!!!

You're forgetting something important, Thracian only raves about players he thinks he knew about first.

He'd never heard of Knockaert before we signed him and he immediately took a dislike. Now he's entrenched in his opinion he'll stick to his guns no matter how stupid it makes him look.

Schmeichel 8 Great penalty save and a couple of vital interventions on crosses

De Laet 6.5 Generally decent, if not infalliable; superb burst for Waghorn's chance

Morgan 8 Man-monster - his concentration levels must be so good

Whitbread 7.5 Almost on a par with Morgan

Konchesky 6 Looked slightly vulnerable

Drinkwater 7 Good passing/closing down/movement

King 7.5 Whatever happened to that bloke who used to disappear - vital defensive cover, intelligent forward runs

Knockaert 6.5 Astonishing skills & breathtaking passing (rates 9) undermined by frequent loss of possession (rates 5)

Dyer 7 Sharp and dangerous with a purpose

Nugent 6.5 Worked hard as ever, superb run for the goal, but didn't create that much

Waghorn 6 Similar to the above

Moore 6 OK

Marshall 7 Contributed well creatively, couple of half-decent shots

Vardy 6.5 Some nice passes for the team

Kasper 9 - kept us in the game

De Laet 7 - good pace and creates chance. tracks back into position and some good defending

Morgan 9 - solid as per

Whitbread 6 - am I the only one not overly impressed? good in the air, but gave away the penalty which could of cost us

Konchesky 7 - not brilliant, not bad

Drinkwater 8 - normal Drinkwater. Commands the ball and the game

King 9 - MOTM for me. good defensive play and great attacking threat too

Knockaert 8 - loses possession but tries and gets it back. fantastic skill and passing. will be a very important player

Dyer 7 - good pace as per but getting too predictable

Nugent 6 - tried to work hard but seemed too tired. great chance but an even better save

Waghorn 6 - some good chances but poor finishing. think that we need to give the lad a chance to prove he still has what he had 3 seasons ago when we were chasing promotion then. was prolific for us then. just needs time to find that spark again and he'll be playing week in week out. give him chance

Moore 6 - he was alright, few scruffy bits of defending. seems the Moore hype has died down a lot

Marshall 6 - good running and gets into some great position. should probably be coming back into the XI

Vardy 6 - offered little when coming on, rant he ball down but did nothing that Waghorn didn't do

Here we go again not picking, any player can give a pen away so unfair to jump on his back over that.

Have to say it amuses me how most on here write other players off when someone else comes in due to their suspension or injury.

Andy King was seen as surplus to requirements on here look at how he's doing now.

SSL is now being referred to as only back up after just 2 games played by Zak, despite being part of a solid defence that started our recent good run.

Danns being written off and accused of being a trouble maker, for wanting to play. Yet only last season he was being heralded as a major player for us in midfield.

Marshall recently being labelled as only back up to Knocky!!!!

The list is endless, all will be needed if we are to keep in the automatics for the prem, so lets get Behind them all for a change.

Here we go again not picking, any player can give a pen away so unfair to jump on his back over that.

Have to say it amuses me how most on here write other players off when someone else comes in due to their suspension or injury.

Andy King was seen as surplus to requirements on here look at how he's doing now.

SSL is now being referred to as only back up after just 2 games played by Zak, despite being part of a solid defence that started our recent good run.

Danns being written off and accused of being a trouble maker, for wanting to play. Yet only last season he was being heralded as a major player for us in midfield.

Marshall recently being labelled as only back up to Knocky!!!!

The list is endless, all will be needed if we are to keep in the automatics for the prem, so lets get Behind them all for a change.

I've not seen a single one of those comments you claim have been made. But trust some to blow things out of proportion because someone somewhere on the forums has made a somewhat negative/positive comment. Conceding a peno/saving a peno/making an assist/scoring a goal is always going to be reflected in the player ratings, nothing new or particularly wrong in that.

:appl::worship:

Schmeichel- 8 (Fine penalty save and caught pretty much every cross)

De Laet- 6.5 (Superb run from Waghorn's miss, nearly gave CMS a goal)

Morgan- 8 (Top class. So in control. Bargain)

Whitbread- 6 (Gave away the penalty and was mixed with his distribution)

Konchesky- 6 (Solid at the back, didn't get forward as much as usual)

Knockaert- 7 (Mixed night, first half was poor but second was much improved. Lovely skills near the end)

King- 9 (Goal, dominant, excellent defensively)

Drinkwater- 7 (Keeps getting better next to King)

Dyer- 7 (Lloyd's pace offers us an outlet, good towards the end)

Waghorn- 5 (Missed a great chance and wasn't really in the game)

Nugent- 6 (Clearly prefers being partnered with Vardy)

Moore- 5 (Inconsistent display)

Vardy- 6 (Did okay with the little amount of ball he saw)

Marshall- 6 (Helped us see the game out, one decent shot)

Referee- 3 (Bloody awful. Talk about petty, Where was Mark Halsey?)

Brighton's free-kick routine- 10 (Innovative. Play it short to someone not expecting it, pass it back to the player who doesn't want it, slip over, let the ball harmlessly roll out of play. Training ground routine clearly).

swirling rain for 90mins didn't help the performance to be fair people! dyer plays crosses in the 6 yard box a loy but no one ever runs in and waghorn is trying hard and holding the ball up well. It takes games,stick him in again on Saturday for me!

Archived