Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Player Ratings vs Brighton

Kasper - 9 - Commanded his area brilliantly today, and numerous good catches and punches. Saved a penalty (again!)

De Laet - 6 - A couple of almost costly mistakes although otherwise decent. One incredible run that set up Waghorn's chance.

Morgan - 8 - Wes at his beastly self.

Whitbread - 7.5 - On this showing and Brum, he is proving himself to be very capable. Dominated in the air. -0.5 for conceding penalty.

Konch - 6.5 - Slightly below par I thought.

Knockaert - 8 - A few brilliant moments, but also a few sloppy moments and perhaps selfish on occasions.

King - 9 - Scored. Looked dangerous tonight and noticeably made some vital defensive contributions.

Drinky - 8.5 - Continued his excellent form, broke up Brighton attacks continuously and some decent passing.

Dyer - 7.5 - Vintage Lloyd. Looked dangerous in the first 20 minutes but faded later on.

Waghorn - 6 - Tried hard but you can't miss chances like that and expect to start.

Nugent - 6.5 - Ran himself out early on I thought. One fantastic effort 2nd half that was saved.

Kasper 7 - can argue he won us the game with a good penalty save.

RDL 6 - one mazy run which was very promising otherwise standard.

Konch 6 - supported the attack well, defended sound.

Whitbread 6 - class in the air. Tough game against a tricky forward.

Morgan 8 - what a signing he's been just pure class.

Tony 6 - below his usual but still delighted the crowd.

Drinkwater 8 - class, passes, keeps hold of the ball and tackles well.

King 7.5 - the winning goal, and some tidy defensive work with some very sharp breaks.

Dyer 7 - great outlet tonight very dangerous running at his man.

Waggy 5 - can't fault his effort but nothing seemed to go for him tonight.

Nuge 6 - great work for the goal. Look absolutely shagged though.

Kasp 8 - Purely for the pen save

De Laet 6 - Couple of nice runs but he looks better going forward than at the back

Morgan 7.5 - So solid, pure trust in this lad

Whitbread 6.5 - Great in the air, sometimes his passing is off and gave away a soft pen.

Konch 7 - Thought he was solid again and calm under pressure

Knocky 7 - Some great moments of genius! Such a handful. Some misplaced passes too though.

Drinky 7.5 - Bossed it today, his best game for a while.

King 8 - Maybe MOTM, got the goal too.

Dyer 6.5 - Meh, nice runs but ill say it once again, no end product.

Nugent 6.5 - Really great move for the goal, but didn't do much else

Waghorn 6 - Missed another great chance. Some okay stuff in the middle of the park but largely unimpressive.

Schmeichel 8 - Not had much to do recently, so tonight was his best goalkeeping display for some time

De Laet 6 - Attacked incredibly well, defensively he still wasn't up to scratch

Morgan 7 - I have seen him play better, but was still pretty comfortable

Whitbread 7 - Good display, apart from giving away a penalty, and a few hoof ball moments

Konchesky 7 - Skinned once; however he was pretty consistent for most of the match

Knockaert 7 - Bit of a mixture in my opinion, was incredible in parts then sometimes very sloppy

Drinkwater 9 - Absolutely flaming excellent, was in control from start to finish great display

King 8 - Brilliant display as well, him and Drinkwater bossed all game

Dyer 6 - Would of got a 7, if his deliveries were better

Nugent 6 - Was brilliant for 20 mins, then suddenly went quiet

Waghorn 5 - Still not good enough

Subs

Vardy 5 - Made no impact what so ever

Moore 4 - Poor, sliced two clearances very badly

Marshall 5 - Meh!

Kasper 7 - can argue he won us the game with a good penalty save.

RDL 6 - one mazy run which was very promising otherwise standard.

Konch 6 - supported the attack well, defended sound.

Whitbread 6 - class in the air. Tough game against a tricky forward.

Morgan 8 - what a signing he's been just pure class.

Tony 6 - below his usual but still delighted the crowd.

Drinkwater 8 - class, passes, keeps hold of the ball and tackles well.

King 7.5 - the winning goal, and some tidy defensive work with some very sharp breaks.

Dyer 7 - great outlet tonight very dangerous running at his man.

Waggy 5 - can't fault his effort but nothing seemed to go for him tonight.

Nuge 6 - great work for the goal. Look absolutely shagged though.

Was going to give my ratings but this is pretty much exactly as I saw it. I'd give Whitbread a 7 though as besides the ridiculous pen decision I thought he played v well.

Schmeichel - 7.5 - Took crosses well, distribution was decent and cracking penalty save.

De Laet 6 - Such a gormless player at times, got forward well

Morgan 8 - Bossed it as usual

Whitbread 8 - Bossed it, great in the air, shame he gave away the penalty

Konchesky - 7 - Got beaten a few times by their winger but overall a decent performance.

Knockaert - 7 - Wasn't effective, gave the ball away a hell of a lot.

Drinkwater 8- Ran the midfield

King 8.5 - Quality performance, passed well, got back well, well taken goal

Dyer 7 - Good in first 20 mins but faded

Nugent 6.5 - Did well to set up the goal and worked hard closing them down

Waghorn 6 - Messed up 2 chances, held ball up quite well though

Marshall 6.5 - Didn't do much apart from a stupid high cross to players who are tiny when he should have hit in low

Vardy 6.5 - Closed down well

Moore 7 - Took up De Laet's position excellently and did nothing wrong

MOTM - Drinkwater , he bossed the game . And that was never a penalty .

Good penalty save from Kasper , think De laet told him which way Barnes usually puts them .

Not the best performance , but sign of a good team , is winning when not playing to full potential

Schmeichel - 7.5 - Took crosses well, distribution was decent and cracking penalty save.

De Laet 6 - Such a gormless player at times, got forward well

Morgan 8 - Bossed it as usual

Whitbread 8 - Bossed it, great in the air, shame he gave away the penalty

Konchesky - 7 - Got beaten a few times by their winger but overall a decent performance.

Knockaert - 7 - Wasn't effective, gave the ball away a hell of a lot.

Drinkwater 8- Ran the midfield

King 8.5 - Quality performance, passed well, got back well, well taken goal

Dyer 7 - Good in first 20 mins but faded

Nugent 6.5 - Did well to set up the goal and worked hard closing them down

Waghorn 6 - Messed up 2 chances, held ball up quite well though

Marshall 6.5 - Didn't do much apart from a stupid high cross to players who are tiny when he should have hit in low

Vardy 6.5 - Closed down well

Moore 7 - Took up De Laet's position excellently and did nothing wrong

What about the 3 air kicks and being caught too high up the pitch when we are trying to hold on to a 1-0. I know its hard coming into the game, especially as a defender but think De Laet is first choice for a reason.

Schmeichael 10- purely because he kept us in the game with the penalty save!

De Laet 7- would of given him a 6 but earned a extra 1 because of that amazing run! Got caught out a few times today, steady performance all together

Morgan 8- The usual Morgan, a rock At the back gave CMS a very hard time!

Whitbread 8- Amazing in the air him and wes will build a great bond between them almost got caught out at the end tho when CMS got behind him and pulled it back! Loved it when he sent CMS flying aswell!

Konch 6- Poor performance I thought from Konchesky today! Buckley had a field day out there and didn't offer much attackingly!

King 10- MOM, he scored the winner, broke everything down, made some very important cleareances and didnt give the ball away once!

Drinky 9- Him and king bossed it again today! Broke down loads of there attacks, made some great driving runs and just got beat by king for MOM!

Lloyd 8- I thought he was the only attacking threat tonight made some great runs and did everything

Needed for a winger!

Knockaert 7- Average performance for Knocky's standards made one great run and pulled out a few tricks at the end but that was all!

Waggy 5- sadly I think waggy carnt be in our squad no more lost the ball loads, should of scored and just isn't good enough for a promotion chasing side!

Nugent 6- Seems to me his work rate is getting less and less poor display from him good run for the 1st goal though!

Moore 5- Gave The ball away a lot today, looked asleep when he came on! Deffo the weak link when he replaced rdl!

Marshall 7- thought he was quite effective when he came on tested the keeper a few times and got in a couple of good crosses when he could!

Vardy 8- deffo got to start on sat worked his socks of when he came on hassling the defenders and closing down the keeper everytime the got the ball!

Kasper - 9

De Laet - 7 - He's awesome at carrying the ball forward... from our box to theirs solo. Also told Kasper how to save the peno

Morgan - 8 - Tank

Whitbread - 7.5 - Very good tackles tonight. Also some fab headers

Konch 7 - Decent

Knockaert - 7 - Some stupid shit, but he made up for it with some good plays.

King - 8.5 - Good game. Nice to see him getting in there, rather than last season.

Drink - 7 - Good form

Dyer - 6 - Did fine.

Waghorn - 5 - Missed another sitter. He needs to calm down in front of goal abit

Nugent - 6 - Not much. One fab curler, but well saved by the keeper

Kasper 8 - good save.

RDL 6 - shaky, gave the ball away a lot but generally recovered.

Wes 8

Whitbread 8 - him and Morgan were great. Solid.

Konchesky 7

Knocky 7 - few misplaced passes and useless runs but some sensational moments and through balls.

King 9 - everywhere. Scored and won a lot of headers in our area from their crosses. MOTM. Delightful.

Drinky 8

Dyer 7

Nuge 6 - not a lot to work with and looked knackered after HT.

Waghorn 5 - same as Nuge but a point less for missing a chance that anyone with a foot should be scoring.

Schmeichel - 9. Class. Saved a penalty and caught absolutely every cross they put in, unfaultable.

De Laet - 4. Very sloppy, looked well off the pace.

Morgan - 8. Absolute rock as usual.

Whitbread - 9. Warrior, won absolutely everything.

Konchesky - 7. Can't complain at his display.

Knockaert - 7. He's had better games but some serious moments of FLAIR at the end and his attitude was spot on again, his mentality of playing is ideal.

Drinkwater - 7. Can't fault him again really.

King - 8. Goalscorer and looks a more complete player every time I watch him.

Dyer - 7. Impressed me tonight, far better than Saturday.

Nugent - 6. Quiet game but contributed a very lot to our goal.

Waghorn - 5. Standard Waghorn really, tried a lot but to no avail, lacking quality.

Subs;

Vardy - 6. Didn't really get into the game.

Marshall - 5. He's actually a very poor dribbler, not great by any means tonight.

Kasper- 8.5 didn't do a thing wrong all might.atch winning penalty save

Konchesky- 6.5 steady performance and defended well

Whitbread- 7 gave away the penalty which I thought was harsh. When match sharpness comes I think this partnership could be amazing

Morgan- 8 SOLID! How the f**k did forest let this guy leave to us. Our best player so far this season imo

De laet- 6.5 Great pacey run to set up waggy but a little indecisive at times

Dyer- 7 had the beating of his man all night but lacked the finishing touch at times, although some of his deliveries nearly created goals

Drinkwater- 7.5 does a lot of the thankless tasks and gives king the freedom to roam. Really good player for us

King- 9 MOTM for me. Looks like the old kingy and maybe even better than before. His movement and positional awareness is a joy. Always a goal threat and finds space all of the time

Knockaert- 10 for tricks 7 for performance

At times he was a bit wasteful and maybe greedy tonight but this guy has got flair and charisma in bundles. That trick he did at the byline was superb

Waggy- 6.5 worked his socks off and did se nice things but some of his shooting was that bad the ball didn't even go out of play lol

Nuge-6 very quiet night from him but he's a guaranteed first team player

Subs

Vardy-7 chased everything down. Love this lads work rate and attitude

Marshall-6 thought he was a bit greedy at times but he's great and always a danger

Moore-6 Did his job

Kasper 9 (How valuable his penalty save could prove. It certainly saved our home record and maintained our momentum at the top of the League. But Kasper dealt with some dangerous situations well when any kind of handling mistake might have produced a goal and his distribution was typicaly imaginative.)

De Laet 6.5 (Perhaps his most valuable contribution might have been the info he fed Kasper for the penalty. Made a decent chance for Kasper with a surging run but otherwise an up and down game) .

Morgan 8 (Commanding and did well to subdue the normally dangerous Mackail-Smith).

Whitbread 6 (For the fourth game in succession he all either gave or very nearly gave the opposition a goal - this time with a clumsy and unnecessary challenge on the edge of our box. I wasn't close but it looked a penalty to me. He did some good things, particularly in the air but

it was only Kasper stopped him costing us the equaliser and he's got to do better than that)..

Konchesky 6.5 (Never in a marauding mood. Nor was he completely convincing in defence)..

Knockaert 6 (I''m perhaps the only one who wasn't impressed by the guy. He took to many touches tonight and stopped the flow of so many moves. Sometimes I think he plays to the crowd and for himself rather than the team although he did have energy and he did turn up in a lot of places and delight us with the odd bit of skill. But, as so often, there was precious little outcome and so much of his over-elaboration gave Brighton time to regroup).

King 9 (Outfield man of the match for me. Scored his third goal of the season to earn us three points against clearly difficult opposition, extracted us from some difficult situations with his usual calm authority and even his aerial work in defence was impressive. Seems to be growing in stature with every game).

Drinkwater 7.5 (Another useful performance despite Brighton crowding midfield. He and King seem to work so well together).

Dyer 7.5 (Two cleverly dinked crosses and a driven cross could and perhaps should have produced better results. Seemed to be withdrawn into a more defensive role after the goal - which he did with quiet efficiency - but became more dangerous again after the penalty which seemed to restore at least a little of our ambition. Missed a good chance from a header.). .

Waghorn 6 (Wrote another chapter of woefully missed chances but delivered a perfect cross which Dyer should have done more with instead of glancing a header tamely wide).

Nugent - 6.5 (Layed on the goal for King and had another good effort saved in the second half but I thought he looked tired).

Vardy 6 (Gave some urgency to our closing down).

Marshall 6 (One decent shot but nothing else of note).

Moore 7 (Seamless subsstitute for DeLaet and succeeded in keeping their left flank very quiet).

Altogether the clean sheet was welcome as was the maintaining of our 100% home record and our run of seven wins in eight games to stay top. But on the flip side it was our worst performance of the season so far - and very sloppy between the time we scored and the time we conceded the missed penalty. We continued our habit of time-wasting with the ball in the corners near the end and very nearly gave a goal away as a result. But we didn't so doubtless the ploy will continue. It was old-style Pearsonism. Once we'd scored the fans might as well have gone home because the game as a spectacle was all but over. We slipped back 15 yards, protected our lead and rarely even looked to attack in numbers. Afterwards Pearson, while conceding our faults said we "managed the game well". I wonder what he'd have said had the penalty gone in.

Kasper 9 - Legend

De Laet 7 - A few mad runs

Morgan 8 - Solid

Whitbread 7 - Good but sometimes frightens me

Konchesky 7 - Generally good

Knockaert 8 - Let down with quite a few bad passes but always makes up for it with unbelievable tekkers

King 8 - Really coming to life

Drinkwater 8 - Usual tough stuff

Dyer 8 - Plenty of pace

Nugent 8 - Brilliant work to create King's goal

Waghorn 6 - Positioning and runs not bad, finishing catastrophic

Moore 7 - Good

Marshall 8 - Had some impact

Vardy 7 - Did well by running around and pressing

Kasper - 8.5 barely put a foot wrong, but wasn't really challenged much.

De Laet - 7 great run in the first half, made some good challenges, but got caught a few times.

Konch - 7 solid, supported Dyer well, and wasn't caught out at the back, a few sloppy balls.

Morgan - 8.5 immense, superb at the back, won everything, did well to get back for the penalty rebound.

Whitbread - 7 when not making mistakes, looked very good in general, but a few heart in mouth moments. Cut out the errors and that is one hell of a back line.

Drinkwater - 8 dominated the middle with king, won the ball back and set numerous attacks going rarely wasted the ball.

King - 8.5 like drinkwater but better got the vital goal and had another good chance just wide in second half.

Dyer - 7.5 love him, constant threat but usual end product, got on the end of a good cross but couldn't make it count.

Knockaert - 6 or 10 at times sublime, don't think I've seen a player like this ever at Leicester. The tricks the flicks the showboating, brilliant. The downside, spent too much time over on the left, or out of position, was wasteful in possession a few times.

Nugent - 6 looked tired, still worked hard and contributed to the goal, but looked off the race.

Waghorn - 6.5 worked hard, didn't let the defence settle and looked good until he got in front of goal. 2 poor attempts, but had a good free kick pushed wide and a great cross for Dyer.

Moore - 6 did well but got caught out a few times

Vardy - 6 didn't do much, hopefully be back to his best on Saturday.

Marshall - 6 did ok, looked a little of the pace but ok.

Brighton Team Ratings:

Schmeichel - 8

De Laet - 8

Morgan - 8

Whitbread - 7

Konchesky - 7

Dyer - 8

King - 8

Drinkwater - 8

Knockaert - 8

Waghorn - 4

Nugent - 7