Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Danny Drinkwater

• 4 months later...

What a player.

I know we win as a team & lose as a team.... except when we hang scapegoats from the nearest lamppost.

Alongside Big Wes... Drinkwater is Mr Consistent

And still only 22, with loads of room to grow

pffffttttt I'd argue that. He's quite prone to a bad game a month or so. And the problem is when he's bad it has an effect on the rest of the team.

Defintley one of this seasons top performers though. One of the main reasons we are where we are.

What a player.

I know we win as a team & lose as a team.... except when we hang scapegoats from the nearest lamppost.

Alongside Big Wes... Drinkwater is Mr Consistent

And still only 22, with loads of room to grow

:thumbup:

I said after a couple of games I'd seen him, he's the future of our midfield.

Just a shame he don't score more goals but he's the engine room of our team.

When he moves the ball around quickly he's such an asset.

The problem comes when he takes too long to pass and often goes backwards more than forwards.

Last night he was quick and thoughtful in possession, and the amount of times he robs the ball from players without diving or lunging in is fantastic.

pffffttttt I'd argue that. He's quite prone to a bad game a month or so. And the problem is when he's bad it has an effect on the rest of the team.

Defintley one of this seasons top performers though. One of the main reasons we are where we are.

Agreed.

Although it showed massively away at Huddersfield in the cup that without him we struggle in the middle. He makes us tick so when he plays badly our whole game is affected. But hopefully, with time, he'll be able to maintain the high standards for longer periods. He certainly has done so more often this season than last.

For me, him, Morgan and De Laet have been our stand-out performers of the season.

:thumbup:

I said after a couple of games I'd seen him, he's the future of our midfield.

Just a shame he don't score more goals but he's the engine room of our team.

As I said in umpteen other posts- I've said it before and I'll say it again :thumbup:

Only messing Col. You can always tell when DD's had a bad game, cos Kingy gets an absolute kicking on here...

He's the new Wellens it seems - integral to our play with the ball, when he's on form & finding his passes we're very threatening throughout. When he's not quite on his games, passes go astray & we struggle retaining the ball & building pressure.

Exactly the case as with Wellens when he was a regular starter. I'm hoping with Drinkwater the consistency will improve as he gains further experience. Certainly a great prospect.

Thanks chief! When I found it, I checked his stats and couldn't believe how little he played/scored for us. Must have been my age at the time, but he cast a long shadow... :)

Mark Draper is significant as being our first £1 million signing.

After years of our biggest spend being £350k it seemed like we might actually push the boat out and compete in the top flight. It didn't quite work out like that though.

These days we rarely spend less than £1 million on a player.

Mark Draper is significant as being our first £1 million signing.

After years of our biggest spend being £350k it seemed like we might actually push the boat out and compete in the top flight. It didn't quite work out like that though.

These days we rarely spend less than £1 million on a player.

Did you know that one day he wanted to play for an Italian Club like Barcelona?

He's the new Wellens it seems - integral to our play with the ball, when he's on form & finding his passes we're very threatening throughout. When he's not quite on his games, passes go astray & we struggle retaining the ball & building pressure.

Exactly the case as with Wellens when he was a regular starter. I'm hoping with Drinkwater the consistency will improve as he gains further experience. Certainly a great prospect.

Totally agree.

Archived