Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Danny Drinkwater

Unsung hero. I have seen numerous threads about how good certain players have been and how without them we would struggle but this mans name has not been mentioned enough. IMO take him out the team and we would fall to pieces. He controls the tempo of the game, has great positioning, allows king the freedom to roam and genuinely plays a smart game. Most people would say knocky or morgan are the most essential, but I wouldn't be too worried if they were out as we have adequate replacements. Players like drinky are hard to come by and he is only 21. I said when we signed him he would be our most important player and I'm glad he's proving me right. Also he is a great role model to kids as fizzy drinks are bad for you.

He has gone from a very inconsistent/average performer, into one of our most consistent and solid performers.

On current form, he is one of the best midfielders in the Npower Championship.

Has come on leaps and bounds in only half a year, really happy for the lad hopefully his form continues.

Particularly in the last two games I've noticed how good he is at winning back possession. Does his defensive duties extremely well and quite often is found breaking forward or indeed setting up attacking movements. Doesn't necessarily have the flair of some other players but he's extremely effective. Great player

Where King and DD have both improved massively is:

1 - Keeping Possession

2 - Winning Possession

3 - Ball Control under pressure

The short passing and intercepting, and ball protection of these two is helping us win the 'midfield battle' of most games - which was often lost by us last season

Neck and neck between DD and Wes for player of the season so far IMHO. I think DD is a terrific player - often does the simple thimg but does it very effectively and efficiently. It's always difficult to get a the real measure of the player when he comes in half way through a season, now he and Kingy have had some proper game together they look like a quality partnership.

Drinkwater and King have been fabulous together in central midfield this season, no question about it.

My daughter called him Danny Dishwater at one point last night lol And I got mega brownie points for arranging this little birthday treat for her :chant:

A59_z3XCQAAzqLj.jpg

Smashing photo.

Archived