Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Great goal from Paul Dickov.

I remember walking back to the car with my dad and seeing the news on tv's in pubs. 

I came home from the pub early for some reason, and when I was texting those still in there about it they thought I was winding them up.

I can remember the Challenger disaster well, but I was still amazed something that bad could happen again

OK it was in the Mail ...   but the Bolivian who was done for sexually assaulting another patient in the hospital corridor ....    all on CCTV so banged to rights ...   the bloke goes out during the lunch break of the trial and gets pissed ...   comes back and falls asleep in the dock during the afternoon session ...   :o

This is sort of an interesting/geargrinding/ridiculous sort of story ...    he's been done many times in the past ...   here's the question ...   whats he doing here ???

Am I missing something ...  ??

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

OK it was in the Mail ...   but the Bolivian who was done for sexually assaulting another patient in the hospital corridor ....    all on CCTV so banged to rights ...   the bloke goes out during the lunch break of the trial and gets pissed ...   comes back and falls asleep in the dock during the afternoon session ...   :o

This is sort of an interesting/geargrinding/ridiculous sort of story ...    he's been done many times in the past ...   here's the question ...   whats he doing here ???

Am I missing something ...  ??

Getting pissed and sexually assaulting people?

• Haha 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

I suppose if there are no vacancies in Bolivia for that sort of thing then you do have to travel to find work ...

Yeah. Probably lied on the 'are you going to get pissed and sexually assault people' part of his immigration form.

49 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I suppose if there are no vacancies in Bolivia for that sort of thing then you do have to travel to find work ...

48 minutes ago, bovril said:

Yeah. Probably lied on the 'are you going to get pissed and sexually assault people' part of his immigration form.

Reminds me of a joke:

Paddy and Murphy are over here looking for work.

As they pass the police station they notice a poster saying, "West Indian wanted for rape".

Says Paddy, "The fvcking blacks get all the best jobs..."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Reminds me of a joke:

As they pass the police station they notice a poster saying, "West Indian wanted for rape".

Best said in a gravelly Mancunian accent. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Buce said:

Reminds me of a joke:

In this new era of PC are we allowed to tell jokes like that? :whistle:

12 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Seems a bit harsh to me! Soulsby says tough shit though...

Man fined 'for helping homeless on Christmas Day'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-42961418

Well, it's true his cause is noble but ultimately he did what someone else did that led to that poor sod being killed and in turn to the camera being there in the first place. On another day he could have been the one who's actions contributed to a fatal accident.

BELLEND'S JUDGEMENT: THE PUNISHMENT MUST STAND

53 minutes ago, bovril said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-42939192

Cheddar Man: DNA shows early Briton had dark skin

Least it wasn't a woman as well, eh lads? Eh lads? Eh? Eh? Lads? Lads? Eh?

13 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Seems a bit harsh to me! Soulsby says tough shit though...

Man fined 'for helping homeless on Christmas Day'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-42961418

Leicester's City Mayor has said he will do everything he can to cancel a fine for a charity worker who stopped in a bus lane to help a rough sleeper on Christmas Day.

Leicester City Council

Lee Williamson was issued with a £70 fine after giving food and clothes to the man outside Leicester railway station.

Sir Peter Soulsby, speaking to BBC Radio Leicester this morning, said: "To punish him for doing a good deed on Christmas day is crazy, rules can be taken to an extreme - we should do everything we can to make sure Lee isn't punished and the fine is cancelled."

image.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

Leicester's City Mayor has said he will do everything he can to cancel a fine for a charity worker who stopped in a bus lane to help a rough sleeper on Christmas Day.

Leicester City Council

Lee Williamson was issued with a £70 fine after giving food and clothes to the man outside Leicester railway station.

Sir Peter Soulsby, speaking to BBC Radio Leicester this morning, said: "To punish him for doing a good deed on Christmas day is crazy, rules can be taken to an extreme - we should do everything we can to make sure Lee isn't punished and the fine is cancelled."

image.gif

Good to see Soulsby has seen sense :thumbup:

His quote in the original article suggested the fine would stand so I’m glad he’s changed his tune.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Good to see Soulsby has seen sense :thumbup:

His quote in the original article suggested the fine would stand so I’m glad he’s changed his tune.

Fascinatingly, I just missed an opportunity to wrestle him to the ground in protest or at least remonstrate with him in the strongest possible terms, on camera. He was being interviewed outside the station, presumably about this.

Instead, I slunk off to the little Tescos and bought myself a Wispa Gold

• Haha 1

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

Fascinatingly, I just missed an opportunity to wrestle him to the ground in protest or at least remonstrate with him in the strongest possible terms, on camera. He was being interviewed outside the station, presumably about this.

Instead, I slunk off to the little Tescos and bought myself a Wispa Gold

I always had you pegged as a Kit Kat man?