Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

Can't find the link but I read a very interesting article about the number of people who don't have fresh water within a 30 minute walk of their home. 800,000 people. I'll just write that number again 800,000 people !!!!

What surprised me more was that a large proportion of those people are Chinese and Russian. Now I understand that China and Russia are very large countries covering very diverse and harsh land but these 2 countries are 2 of the richest and most powerful countries on our planet. They are 2 of the 5 permanant members of the UN. They've sent people into space, they have spent trillions on weapons, yet their people don't have access to fresh water. Can anyone understand how political leaders can prioritise guns and space over fresh water. Maybe we should remember things like this when we complain about our own governments.  

4 hours ago, FIF said:

Can't find the link but I read a very interesting article about the number of people who don't have fresh water within a 30 minute walk of their home. 800,000 people. I'll just write that number again 800,000 people !!!!

What surprised me more was that a large proportion of those people are Chinese and Russian. Now I understand that China and Russia are very large countries covering very diverse and harsh land but these 2 countries are 2 of the richest and most powerful countries on our planet. They are 2 of the 5 permanant members of the UN. They've sent people into space, they have spent trillions on weapons, yet their people don't have access to fresh water. Can anyone understand how political leaders can prioritise guns and space over fresh water. Maybe we should remember things like this when we complain about our own governments.  

Both countries,have large. Tundras bigger than many countries,where many ethnic Nomads still

roam and live,sparse lives in comparison or ideology to Western lives.

Many live Off their own Life Stock,and Off the Land.Where Winter can(Not always) be a Long companion.

Temperatur. Often regularly -30c even ,filling below -50c.

Then the eastern small Towns,running water Not an Option.. minus degrees. Water delivered,or Off

Natural Wells in the Summer. 

Life is not always has simple as ABC,or not all Peoples want your(our ideas of comfort).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FIF said:

Maybe those people have chosen to live where they do having weighed up the proximity of fresh water against other factors and decided they are happy with the location?

5 hours ago, FIF said:

You'd think they'd take the car, wouldn't you?

Poignant of course, but quite a coincidence too..:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43498200

Watched a 9/11 documentary (seems to be a lot of 9/11 programmes that have been on over the years) earlier on More4 containing footage of the firefighters going into the World Trade Centre despite some of their hesitations. Painful to watch.

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

How do you know if the home owners have disabled in house security video cams or not logging in remotely to watch you clean with their colleagues whilst having a wank? lol

• 3 weeks later...