Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Oh I think I get it now, dreadlocks are a symbol of anti-racism and obviously that means that white folk aren't allowed them because whiteness is a symbol of pro-racism.  Am I close?

Your guess is as good as mine.

There was a term for such people when I was young but I expect I would be banned for using it.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/liga-francesa/2018/02/08/5a7c9b12468aeb4c608b462c.html

Di María: "Memes hurt us a lot, going to the psychologist helped me"

People think that just because you are a big shot and have money doesn't mean that words can't hurt or you are not struggling!
I'm happy that a big profile player is speaking up and trying to get rid of this unfair stigma.

If you need help; go get help! There is no shame in struggling!

Edited by the fox

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Really long read but belter of an article going over Facebook and the trouble big tech is facing.

https://www.wired.com/story/inside-facebook-mark-zuckerberg-2-years-of-hell/

Very interesting stuff. Murdoch at his blackmailing finest, the Trump team applying or making use of fake news with devastating effect, the Russians believed to be dipping their fingers in to divide things...and all allowed because of a belief in impartiality brought about by burnt fingers not long before. A fascinating example of how a powerful platform can be utilised for good and bad.

“You can assert till you’re blue in the face that you’re a platform, but if your users take a different point of view, it doesn’t matter what you assert.” - key line for me.

Edit: the comments are, as always, a blast.

Edited by leicsmac

Saw this in the Mercury earlier and it's now been picked up by the nationals.

Some people just don't give a shit, do they? DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO ETC

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/12/leicestershire-couple-reeta-herzallah-hamdi-almasri-fined-fake-garage-door-house

17 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Saw this in the Mercury earlier and it's now been picked up by the nationals.

Some people just don't give a shit, do they? DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO ETC

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/12/leicestershire-couple-reeta-herzallah-hamdi-almasri-fined-fake-garage-door-house

How is less than £2k in fines a punishment?

10 minutes ago, toddybad said:

How is less than £2k in fines a punishment?

They've got to turn it back into a garage as well, so it will cost them more than that.

If I ever meet them I'm going to make a point of shouting hey it's those guys that turned their tiny garage into a house and pretended that it was still a garage and got caught and everyone will crowd round to look at them and then and only then will they see the error of their ways

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

They've got to turn it back into a garage as well, so it will cost them more than that.

If I ever meet them I'm going to make a point of shouting hey it's those guys that turned their tiny garage into a house and pretended that it was still a garage and got caught and everyone will crowd round to look at them and then and only then will they see the error of their ways

Too right, those bastards should be in the absolute cvnts of our time thread really, it's despicable.

19 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Quite agree.

Whose body is it in?

I’m guessing they’re using a surrogate mother? But who’s sperm do they decide to choose, Tom or his husbands? :dunno:

27 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’m guessing they’re using a surrogate mother? But who’s sperm do they decide to choose, Tom or his husbands? :dunno:

The article completely ignores the question, though.

And at the risk of the pc language police jumping on me, in what sense is Tom Daley having a baby with his husband?