Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

On 14/03/2018 at 09:11, Webbo said:

china-couple-fate.jpg
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/married-china-couple-discover-they-appeared-in-same-photograph-10034410

There was a similar story here about 20 years ago. Somebody's holidays from when they were kids had their future wife in them. I find co incidences like this fascinating.

Amazing that they were having their pictures taken there at exactly the same time!

On 14/03/2018 at 18:09, Buce said:

They resealed packets of food that had been opened by rodents and put them b.ack on the shelves.

Seems entirely reasonable to me

W.t.f. There should be arrests imo.

2 hours ago, toddybad said:

W.t.f. There should be arrests imo.

Too right, I don't think people realise how serious hantaviruses are - they can cause renal failure, eyesight damage, even death. People see mouse/rat shit and think it's unhygienic because it's shit, but rodents can carry some ****ing vile diseases, and some are incurable.

3 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

Popular Japanese video game in which players arouse cartoon female children banned in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43414617

Weird place, Japan. Is that a consequence of their insular, nationalist worldview? What do brexiters who view Japan as a positive example of a nationalist country think to the apparent normalisation of paedophilia in the country?

lol I don't think it's linked to their nationalist foreign policy, but yeah it would be nice if they could reign in the obsession with schoolgirls and loli culture in particular.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Ant McPartlin been arrested for suspicion of drink driving, after an collision with another car also resulting in a three year old girl being rushed to hospital. 

I don't understand why these multi millionaires don't have their own private chauffeur or get a cab everywhere. Why drive around in London if you don't have to?

And there's no excuse for drink driving whoever you are..

33 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I don't understand why these multi millionaires don't have their own private chauffeur or get a cab everywhere. Why drive around in London if you don't have to?

And there's no excuse for drink driving whoever you are..

What about if you’re in a remote area and the only person in your company is seriously ill or injured and you have no phones?

7 hours ago, Strokes said:

What about if you’re in a remote area and the only person in your company is seriously ill or injured and you have no phones?

What about it?

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 18:25, Mike Oxlong said:

Ha Ha I went to a couple of similar incidents when I was in the Fire Service, one incident particularly springs to mind the guy reckoned he was working under his car which then shifted his shorts down past his todger then the ring spanner fell out of his hands and fell over his todger, as he tried to remove it things happened and it became stuck.

Ironically the spanner was a 'King Dick'

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Would that not be an acceptable excuse for drink driving?

Seems a bit of an unlikely and extreme example to me mate.

I doubt you could justify it to the police if you got caught so I'd say no.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Would that not be an acceptable excuse for drink driving?

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Seems a bit of an unlikely and extreme example to me mate.

I doubt you could justify it to the police if you got caught so I'd say no.

Interestingly, the courts will accept a number of emergency situations in mitigation:

https://drinkdrivesolicitors.com/avoiding-a-ban/special-reasons/emergency/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Ant McPartlin been arrested for suspicion of drink driving, after an collision with another car also resulting in a three year old girl being rushed to hospital. 

He looked in a right state.

dec-pic4.jpg?strip=all&w=750&quality=100

7 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

Ha Ha I went to a couple of similar incidents when I was in the Fire Service, one incident particularly springs to mind the guy reckoned he was working under his car which then shifted his shorts down past his todger then the ring spanner fell out of his hands and fell over his todger, as he tried to remove it things happened and it became stuck.

Ironically the spanner was a 'King Dick'

lol 

Just another normal day down the garage then 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-43478925

Wtf.

Man guilty of hate crime for filming pug's 'Nazi salutes'

A man who filmed a pet dog giving Nazi salutes before putting the footage on YouTube has been convicted of committing a hate crime.

Mark Meechan, 30, recorded his girlfriend's pug, Buddha, responding to statements such as "gas the Jews" and "Sieg Heil" by raising its paw.

But police were alerted and he was arrested for allegedly committing a hate crime.

The original clip had been viewed more than three million times on YouTube.

Grossly offensive

Meechan, of Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, went on trial at Airdrie Sheriff Court where he denied any wrong doing.

He insisted he made the video, which was posted in April 2016, to annoy his girlfriend Suzanne Kelly, 29.

But Sheriff Derek O'Carroll found him guilty of a charge under the Communications Act that he posted a video on social media and YouTube which was grossly offensive because it was "anti-semitic and racist in nature" and was aggravated by religious prejudice.

Sheriff O'Carroll told the court he did not believe Meechan had made the video only to annoy his girlfriend and ruled it was anti-Semitic.

Image copyrightPRESS TEAM

He also said he believed Meechan, who was supported at court by far-right activist Tommy Robinson, left the video on YouTube to drive traffic to other material he had on there.

He added: "In my view it is a reasonable conclusion that the video is grossly offensive

"The description of the video as humorous is no magic wand.

"This court has taken the freedom of expression into consideration.

"But the right to freedom of expression also comes with responsibility."

'Intelligent and articulate'

Sheriff O'Carroll said Meehan was "quite obviously an intelligent and articulate man".

But he added: "The accused knew that the material was offensive and knew why it was offensive.

"Despite that the accused made a video containing anti-Semitic content and he would have known it was grossly offensive to many Jewish people."

Ross Brown, defending, said Meechan had only intended the video to be seen by a small group of friends and to annoy his girlfriend.

He said the material had been leaked and gone viral but Police Scotland then wrongly pursued Meechan despite his later videos attempting to "set the record straight".

Mr Brown said: "His girlfriend testified that Mr Meechan had never made known to her any any anti-Semitic views whatsoever.

"The accused possesses both tolerant and liberal views.

"His girlfriend is in no doubt it was an example of his sense of humour."

Famous support

Mr Brown told the court it was wrong to focus on the phrase "gas the Jews" when it had been taken out of context of the whole video.

He claimed Jewish comedian David Baddiel had voiced his support for Meechan and had asked for him to walk free.

He added: "I can see that the video may not be to everyone's taste.

"Others may be able to see the comedic or satirical element to it.

"The court should seek to acquit Mr Meechan for no other reason but to show it is 2018 and not 1984."

Prosecutors had earlier asked for Meechan to be convicted and branded the video "an odious criminal act that was dressed up to look like a joke."

Comedian Ricky Gervais took to Twitter to comment on the case after the verdict.

He tweeted: "A man has been convicted in a UK court of making a joke that was deemed 'grossly offensive'.

"If you don't believe in a person's right to say things that you might find 'grossly offensive', then you don't believe in Freedom of Speech."

Edited by Carl the Llama

16 hours ago, Milo said:

3D printed house for 4k

Not sure if this has been put up before, but found it interesting. 3D printed houses, built in a day, could be available in developing countries for $4k - the future, or a gimmick?

https://singularityhub.com/2018/03/18/this-3d-printed-house-goes-up-in-a-day-for-under-10000/#sm.001obwr43j4dekz11pm1wzsx9fq5z

You wouldn’t want to be an electrician on day rates for that, you’d have to work way too quick :whistle:

25 minutes ago, separator said:

First ever scheduled regular direct flight from Europe to Australia launches this weekend... Heathrow to Perth... 17 hours 20 mins. Just a few miles short of the longest scheduled flight (Doha to Auckland)

DYfMdx6VwAASgVO.jpg

Been looking into this of late myself. Apparently, the next iteration of Airbuses (the A350) will have the range to do not only Perth-London, but the whole proper Kangaroo Route (Sydney-London) nonstop.

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Been looking into this of late myself. Apparently, the next iteration of Airbuses (the A350) will have the range to do not only Perth-London, but the whole proper Kangaroo Route (Sydney-London) nonstop.

I think Singapore Airlines launch a Singapore - New York route with an A350 later this year... 19 hours !!!

43 minutes ago, separator said:

I think Singapore Airlines launch a Singapore - New York route with an A350 later this year... 19 hours !!!

It's pretty amazing tbh.

The true Holy Grail for me would be an Auckland-London run. While that isn't quite antipodal (Auckland-Madrid, however, would be damned close), it would be a serious flight.

On 3/19/2018 at 23:55, foxfanazer said:

Poor Ant! He’s been through a rough time including divorce, depression and being blinded after being shot with a paintball gun

If Ant drove into my car, I'd Dec him...

• Haha 1