Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

My daughter's school put on lockdown, today; trouble is, no one told them it was a drill, and mass panic ensued:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/safety-drill-beauchamp-college-frightens-953963

My fiancee has just secured her first teaching job there for next year, I'll keep this away from her!

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Buce said:

Ouch, sounds painful :o

I’m surprised this wasn’t picked up on any scans during the last six years - bizzare!

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Ouch, sounds painful :o

I’m surprised this wasn’t picked up on any scans during the last six years - bizzare!

I'm equally surprised that she ate a sauce packet without knowing it.

I wonder if she ate at that restaurant that's in the news for 'spiking' food? lol

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Buce said:

Chef who boasted of 'spiking' vegan food resigns:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-42552755

Thing is she's joint owner. She's just sent her own business under. The other joint owner came up with a faintly plausible explanation for what agreed said that didn't involve spiking food. Apparently they'd designed and agreed a fully vegan menu then, on the day, the group ordered pizza off the menu!

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

Thing is she's joint owner. She's just weren't her own business under. The other joint owner came up with a faintly plausible explanation for what agreed said that didn't involve spiking food. Apparently they'd designed and agreed a fully vegan menu then, on the day, the group ordered pizza off the menu!

Well, it talks of a board of directors, so I don't know how that relates to ownership.

Plausible explanation or not, she used the word 'spiked', so the damage was irreversible.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Chef who boasted of 'spiking' vegan food resigns:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-42552755

I bet that made your day eh Bucey !! ...   :D     

I also noted that they lived in Albrighton  :o ...    so, by association, I think we should all boo the b@stard during the next game ...   what do you reckon mate ?? 

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I bet that made your day eh Bucey !! ...   :D     

I also noted that they lived in Albrighton  :o ...    so, by association, I think we should all boo the b@stard during the next game ...   what do you reckon mate ?? 

Not really, I'm not a vegan so I have no vested interest - the missus, on the other hand... lol

Nah, but if they came from Kanté...

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Not really, I'm not a vegan so I have no vested interest - the missus, on the other hand... lol

Nah, but if they came from Kanté...

I have the greatest sympathy for any man whose wife doesn't like a bit of meat now and again ...

So I'm leaving this here purely because I couldn't believe the sun actually printed this with a straight face. Probably half it's website is 'stories' about women's bodies.

Screenshot_20180105-014316.png

A first transgender model appears on the German edition of the Playboy magazine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42633601

Yes, it can be considered successful in making these individuals equal for wanting to change what they want others to see them as, but feel this type of thing is being drummed too much publically imo.

Would this model be 100% comfortable in seeing the magazine and press reveal publically that they've altered their sex? Thus, don't really understand the real need to reveal their clientele's background, as thought the point of such a magazine was to find the best-attractive male/female etc models available to increase the demand for their product?

On 20/12/2017 at 20:37, Buce said:

My daughter's school put on lockdown, today; trouble is, no one told them it was a drill, and mass panic ensued:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/safety-drill-beauchamp-college-frightens-953963

I'm always amused that we're notified of the drills in advance. Seems to defeat some of the objectives as your example shows.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I'm always amused that we're notified of the drills in advance. Seems to defeat some of the objectives as your example shows.

The problem stemmed from the kids' having mobile phones. One of them got it into their head it was a terrorist attack, messaged friends in another class, and it spread exponentially from there, including to parents who were understandably worried.

Not really news but I thought this was pretty cool.

John Tyler was the tenth US president, born in 1790 - he has two living Grandchildren in 2018.

1. John Tyler was 63 when his son Lyon was born (1853). 

2. Lyon was 71 when Lyon Jr. was born (1924), and 75 when Harrison was born (1928). 

3. Both sons are still alive, they could tell you their Dad was eight when the War started, the American Civil War.

Edited by MattP

8 hours ago, MattP said:

Not really news but I thought this was pretty cool.

John Tyler was the tenth US president, born in 1790 - he has two living Grandchildren in 2018.

1. John Tyler was 63 when his son Lyon was born (1853). 

2. Lyon was 71 when Lyon Jr. was born (1924), and 75 when Harrison was born (1928). 

3. Both sons are still alive, they could tell you their Dad was eight when the War started, the American Civil War.

Edit. 

That seemed so unlikely I originally thought you’d made a typo. Amazing fact. 

Edited by Buce