Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry5

Areas for improvement

2 weak links in the team. Martin Waghorn and Zac Whitbread.

We’re not going to win the league or come close with these 2 in the starting 11. I like Waghorn and was glad when he came to the club. But his finishing ability is SH*T. We need an out and out goal score who’s going to get us 20+ goals if we want to stay with the leading pack. Waghorn ain’t that man.

Secondly where to start with Zac Whitbread? Initially I thought it was a good signing with his premier league experience but after watching him at the burton game and since them I don’t rate him at all. Mistake against Burton, Penalty against Brighton, sending off against Watford and now a penalty against Forrest. Too many mistakes. What’s the point of having the best defender outside of the Premier league in Wes Morgan and then playing him along side Zac Whitebread? I know SSL’s out and so was Kean but should have gone for Leam Moore. Person was so keen on him early on in the season I think should have put him in. Let him learn of Morgan.

Sorry for the negatives, die hard Leicester fan. Like person a lot and believe in what he’s doing with the club. Played well yesterday, especially Dyer and Sclupp. Loving the new look midfield.

LCFC TILL I DIE!!

Stop Waghorn bashing. His overall game yesterday was the best I've seen from him since he came here. He had a massive part in the first goal, and he literally couldn't have done anything more, the forest lad has done well to keep that out, as well as a decent save from Camp. I admit, happily though that performances have been mile better than recent weeks where he should have bagged.

As for Whitbread, he looked solid - and that's never penalty. Maybe he shouldn't have gone down, but when you've gone someone backing into you, and you're trying to arch your leg round to poke the ball away, the attackers momentum is going to push you both down.

Stop looking for excuses, stop looking for scapegoats.

Waghorn has now put in two fantastic performances in succession, the problem yesterday was the longer the game went on his confidence suffered a little. He kept looking for the ball across the box, when smashing it at the keeper or at the far corner could have been more rewarding. His role in the first goal was vital and he did well, he's improving within each game and if you take him out the team now your just gonna go back to where we began. He'll come good.

Waghorn has now put in two fantastic performances in succession, the problem yesterday was the longer the game went on his confidence suffered a little. He kept looking for the ball across the box, when smashing it at the keeper or at the far corner could have been more rewarding. His role in the first goal was vital and he did well, he's improving within each game and if you take him out the team now your just gonna go back to where we began. He'll come good.

When Vardy is fit he will take Waghorn's place and that will hopefully happen soon not against Waghorn but Vardy has that work ethic as well as scoring goals, and that is what we need as he complements Nugent well.

We need an out and out goal score who’s going to get us 20+ goals if we want to stay with the leading pack.

Not necessarily... an out & out goal scorer more often than not does precious little else... This open up a whole world of other problems.

We do need Waghorn to take a chance or two, yes, definitely! but we've struggled as a team since Vardy got injured with overall work ethic dropping and for the first time this season teams like Crystal Palace & Watford were able to impose themselves too much on us, rather than us always having the upper hand, but the Forest game turned that corner and barring bad decision making at the back to win the ball through a player in the area rather than outside it like he could just as easily have done... or maybe even staying on his feet and limiting the goal opportunity... and the officials missing handball to deny us a penalty we would have won...

This doesn't exclude snatched chances at finishing also costing us the result, but it is true... the benefit of having team player up front like Waghorn, or preferably Vardy outweighs any downside IMO and the team overall wins, as shown by our domination of pretty much everyone on our rise up the table.

Forest were receiving praise & climbing the table a bit after a dip in form and we had the better of them.

We rose to the top of the table on the back of a team effort, the times we haven't shown team effort like Wolves away, Watford & Palace -we've lost... it wasn't the lack of a goalscorer, it was the lack of tempo & work ethic to impose our own game.

We’re not going to win the league or come close with these 2 in the starting 11. I like Waghorn and was glad when he came to the club. But his finishing ability is SH*T. We need an out and out goal score who’s going to get us 20+ goals if we want to stay with the leading pack. Waghorn ain’t that man.

Secondly where to start with Zac Whitbread? Initially I thought it was a good signing with his premier league experience but after watching him at the burton game and since them I don’t rate him at all. Mistake against Burton, Penalty against Brighton, sending off against Watford and now a penalty against Forrest. Too many mistakes. What’s the point of having the best defender outside of the Premier league in Wes Morgan and then playing him along side Zac Whitebread? I know SSL’s out and so was Kean but should have gone for Leam Moore. Person was so keen on him early on in the season I think should have put him in. Let him learn of Morgan.

Sorry for the negatives, die hard Leicester fan. Like person a lot and believe in what he’s doing with the club. Played well yesterday, especially Dyer and Sclupp. Loving the new look midfield.

LCFC TILL I DIE!!

your clearly not lcfc till i die if you are slating your own players, sort yourself out! :frusty::@

Stop Waghorn bashing. His overall game yesterday was the best I've seen from him since he came here. He had a massive part in the first goal, and he literally couldn't have done anything more, the forest lad has done well to keep that out, as well as a decent save from Camp. I admit, happily though that performances have been mile better than recent weeks where he should have bagged.

As for Whitbread, he looked solid - and that's never penalty. Maybe he shouldn't have gone down, but when you've gone someone backing into you, and you're trying to arch your leg round to poke the ball away, the attackers momentum is going to push you both down.

Stop looking for excuses, stop looking for scapegoats.

Not looking for scapegoats just saying it how it is.

Yeah Waghorn had a good game yesterday, but his finishing let him down big time. Didn’t look like an out and out striker at all. Defiantly not our 20 goals a season plus man which we’re missing.

As for Whitbread, completely disagree. He’s good in the air but that’s about it. As for the penalty yesterday he should never have put the ref in a position where he has to make a decisions. Like you said, the striker was backing into him. So he was back towards goal going nowhere. He should have used his experience and stood strong and not let him turn. Shouldn’t have mad made the challenge. That was exactly what the stinker was looking for. Any reason to go down inside the box, especially when your 2-1 down away from home.

Not looking for scapegoats just saying it how it is.

Yeah Waghorn had a good game yesterday, but his finishing let him down big time. Didn’t look like an out and out striker at all. Defiantly not our 20 goals a season plus man which we’re missing.

As for Whitbread, completely disagree. He’s good in the air but that’s about it. As for the penalty yesterday he should never have put the ref in a position where he has to make a decisions. Like you said, the striker was backing into him. So he was back towards goal going nowhere. He should have used his experience and stood strong and not let him turn. Shouldn’t have mad made the challenge. That was exactly what the stinker was looking for. Any reason to go down inside the box, especially when your 2-1 down away from home.

look, first off it wasnt a penalty, second waghorn has a very good game, and thirdly GET YOURSELF DOWN TO THE CITY AND STOP SLATING PLAYERS FROM WHAT YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO!

look, first off it wasnt a penalty, second waghorn has a very good game, and thirdly GET YOURSELF DOWN TO THE CITY AND STOP SLATING PLAYERS FROM WHAT YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO!

Facts of the matter are the penalty was given. 2nd of all, I was at the game

LCFC TILL I DIE!!

I thought Waggy played really well yesterday, but obviously let down by the chances he missed.

That aside, he looked much more like the Waggy of old, when he first came here.

I think once he gets a goal, he will go on to score more, although i don`t really see him being any more than a 10 to 15 goals a season striker at best.

He did enough for me yesterday, to keep his place next week.

Why are so many people getting confused with 'good all round play' and 'natural finishing'?

I AGREE that Waggy played well yesterday in terms of his all round play. He was big, he was strong, he linked up play very nicely.

However, why we didn't win yesterday was because the penalty decision was ridiculous AND because Waggy did not clinically finish the chances he had. He NEARLY did, yes, but nearly scoring don't put you in the lead and win football matches.

I've defended Waggy... At times when some people have been completely on his back. But yesterday's game showed we need a second, clinical finisher to compliment Nugent who looks pretty knackered.

Without such a player we will finish off the pace. And here's the rub... If you can hand on heart feel that Waghorn will become that clinical finisher then fine, no changes are needed. I simply don't think he will score enough goals in enough games. I say once more, I don't think he's even opened his league account yet for City has he?

I'm not much of a Waghorn fan but his all round game was much better yesterday. Sadly, his poor finishing in front of goal remains a major concern.

I'm much happier with the team than last season. We've had a poor run - D2 L2 - yet are still fifth. Palace, Boro, Cardiff etc will hit the buffers at some point. 30 games left, long way to go.

I was saying yesterday Waghorn is our 2nd best striker atm, he is our 2nd best choice, that says all you need to know about our strikeforce.

We need clinical strikers, Nugent is the only one that is scoring, the rest well lets not say anymore, Waghorn is playing well though, he just isn't clinical enough, neither are any of our other strikers though (Barr Nugent).

Defence, needs tightening, Zak Whitbread, hmmmmm i'm not convinced yet but lets be honest we are struggling for defenders as it is so beggers can't be choosers.

Can't really complain about midfields providing opportunities really because we are, we are creating lots of chances, we just aren't converting the chances into goals, so defence and strikers are my worry, more the strikers than the defence.

Yes we scored 2 yesterday, yes it should be enough to win, but it wasn't and simple fact is we made 14 shots, 8 on target, we converted 2, that isn't good enough, I don't expect every shot on target to be scored, but I expect more than 2 from 8, especially when the chances weren't all that hard.

Then you look at the defence, Forest had 7 shots, 2 on target, they scored 2, so lets forget the penalty for a moment, that would mean they had 1 shot on target all game, 1 from 1? Gotta do better than that lads.

Archived