Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony Bradshaw

New fans website

It has taken just over a year to get the site up and running now.

We're just getting into doing daily updates but there are still plenty of work to be done on certain menu options and more interesting content.

If you can expand on why its crap, we'll look at how to improve.

Here's what needs improving:

- A couple of your "featured articles" are just pictures with a tagline, and only the tagline shows up when you click on them expecting some elaboration.

- When you click on the "articles" link to read some proper articles you get directed to a page full of code (in chrome), same for "responses".

- The "contents" and "news" pages are empty.

- The "fantasy kits" feature is morally objectional: you should be asking the authors their permission before using their content, not going ahead anyway and expecting them to get in touch if they have an issue with it. I'm sure none of them mind but it's a common courtesy thing. See ebaumsworld for a largescale, much more objectional version of this sort of practice (I'm not going to link that awful site).

- Movember is over and if it deserves its own section, surely all the movember based content (I'm presuming that's what the LCFC 'tache stuff's about) should be in there, not buried behind the "older entries" button.

- *****BENTLEYS ROOF IS LINKED AT THE BOTTOM, BUT NO FOXESTALK****

- Bernie-O-Meter is a broken pic.

- There's no icon for the tab which you have the site open in.

That should keep you busy for a while. :xmastongue:

Here's what needs improving:

- A couple of your "featured articles" are just pictures with a tagline, and only the tagline shows up when you click on them expecting some elaboration.

- When you click on the "articles" link to read some proper articles you get directed to a page full of code (in chrome), same for "responses".

- The "contents" and "news" pages are empty.

- The "fantasy kits" feature is morally objectional: you should be asking the authors their permission before using their content, not going ahead anyway and expecting them to get in touch if they have an issue with it. I'm sure none of them mind but it's a common courtesy thing. See ebaumsworld for a largescale, much more objectional version of this sort of practice (I'm not going to link that awful site).

- Movember is over and if it deserves its own section, surely all the movember based content (I'm presuming that's what the LCFC 'tache stuff's about) should be in there, not buried behind the "older entries" button.

- *****BENTLEYS ROOF IS LINKED AT THE BOTTOM, BUT NO FOXESTALK****

- Bernie-O-Meter is a broken pic.

- There's no icon for the tab which you have the site open in.

That should keep you busy for a while. :xmastongue:

Cheers. I'm pretty aware of some of these glitches. I'll take this and the other comments on board and make things better.

Most of the content is supposed to be just visual, and featured slides like the front page of a fanzine. That bit is crap.

As for the kits, I agree I did that the wrong way around, and will contact the relevant members before doing any more.

I just don't see the point of the site? Even the site name bares no link to LCFC and there is just random information anywhere.

What is the main objective for the site?

Irrespective well done on trying to do something positive.

Isn't it a Stringer commentary quote?

Archived