Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oxfordfox83

Cardiff Player Ratings

Kasper-5

De Laet-total curate's egg. Some good stuff, but some awful work too. Misdirected header led to goal 5

Morgan- never seen him so poor. Two mazy runs and two good passes disguised some awful passes, missed headers, lack of organisation. 3

Whitbread- not much wrong, missed a couple of headers but better passing 6

Konchesky- MOTM for me. Deserved better around him. 8

Knocky- started so brightly, but some really bad decisions in the area. One less touch please! 7

Drinkwater- never passed forwards, never won the ball. Needs a rest (possibly a long one) 4

King- pretty solid, involved in everything going forward. 7

Dyer- just hit it! Waited too long for most crosses. Some penetrating runs though 6

Vardy- headless chicken. Not much done right to be honest-I'd be worried if he's still starting in Jan 5

Nugent- played well. Chased and created and looked dangerous, but lacked clear cut chances. 7

Waggy- great when he came on, but can't do much with lumped balls forward 6

Marshall- good but quiet 6

Lingaard- tried, but the wrong man for the job. Lightweight and nothing really to excite 4

Kasper-5

De Laet-total curate's egg. Some good stuff, but some awful work too. Misdirected header led to goal 5

Morgan- never seen him so poor. Two mazy runs and two good passes disguised some awful passes, missed headers, lack of organisation. 3

Whitbread- not much wrong, missed a couple of headers but better passing 6

Konchesky- MOTM for me. Deserved better around him. 8

Knocky- started so brightly, but some really bad decisions in the area. One less touch please! 7

Drinkwater- never passed forwards, never won the ball. Needs a rest (possibly a long one) 4

King- pretty solid, involved in everything going forward. 7

Dyer- just hit it! Waited too long for most crosses. Some penetrating runs though 6

Vardy- headless chicken. Not much done right to be honest-I'd be worried if he's still starting in Jan 5

Nugent- played well. Chased and created and looked dangerous, but lacked clear cut chances. 7

Waggy- great when he came on, but can't do much with lumped balls forward 6

Marshall- good but quiet 6

Lingaard- tried, but the wrong man for the job. Lightweight and nothing really to excite 4

How the hell was Konchesky man of the match? His distribution was fvcking awful he kept hoofing it everywhere. Commited countless fouls on Noone and was at fault for the goal.

Schmeichel - Distribution awful, dreadful mistake first half which should've made it 2-0 Cardiff had they not missed an open goal. 4

De Laet - at least tried to get things going forward despite a couple of defensive lapses. 6

Morgan - error prone, had to cover himself. 5

Whitbread - gave the ball away time and time again and was constantly being lost by his marker. 4

Konchesky - skinned for the goal. All our goals seem to come down his side recently. 5

Knockaert - Created pretty much everything first half, got no service 2nd half. Never should've been subbed. MOTM 7

King - Largely did his job when few around him were doing theirs. 6

Drinkwater - Never really got hold of the game as he was doing earlier in the season. 4

Dyer- Was marked out the game largely. 5

Nugent - Littel in the way of service. 5

Vardy - See above. 5

Schmeichel 5 Nothing much to do all game. Kicking poor again though.

De Laet 5 Few brilliant tackles but he's embarrassing going forward. Gets in to some fantastic positions but is just so clumsy, final ball is dreadful.

Morgan 5 One of his worst games this season.

Whitbread 5 HOOOOOOOF.

Konch 5 Not a patch on the player he was last season.

Knockaert 7 A real threat, best he's been for a long time. Terrible decision by Pearson to bring him off.

King 7.5 MOTM. Much, much better. Few excellent runs, unlucky to hit the post. Great defensive work too to save a certain goal.

Drinkwater 5 Distinctly average.

Dyer 4 Really poor. Time to sit in Marshall's place on the bench, LLoyd.

Nugent 4 Offered nothing at all. Been completely anonymous in the last two games.

Vardy 5 The better of the two strikers, desperately unlucky to hit the bar with a great header.

Waghorn 5 Few glimpses of quality but overall didn't influence the game in any way.

Marshall 5 Little to no impact at all.

Lingaard 5 Some decent touches, but no sign that he's a game changer from his appearances so far.

Schmeichel 5 - Poor kicking, poor distribution

De Laet 6 - Very good first half, went a bit sloppy in the second

Morgan 7 - Bad? No I thought he was one of our most solid players

Whitbread 5 - Poor passes, too much hoof ball, not good enough

Konchesky 4 - At fault for the goal, and seemed way off the pace

Knockaert 7 - Seemed back to his best, shocked to see him subbed

Drinkwater 6 - Average performance, few good things, few bad things

King 7 - Won balls in midfield, had the two best chances

Dyer 5 - Did nothing, couldn't get himself in the game

Nugent 6 - Worked hard, but second half he was pretty non existent

Vardy 5 - Typical Vardy, not good enough for this league yet

Subs

Waghorn 5 - Played well for five minutes, did nothing for the rest

Marshall 4 - Has been poor so far this season, really needs to improve fast

Lingard 4 - Pointless player, no way will he stay after today

Kasper -6. Didn't have a lot to do. Kicking could have been better but it's not his fault we're a team of midgets

De Laet- 5. 1 good run in first half but first touch poor today.

Morgan- 6. Made a few uncharacteristic mistakes today.

Whitbread- 6. Decent in the air again but distribution questionable.

Konch- 5.5. Average, didn't offer anything going forward

King -7. Much better from him. Involved and positive. Good to see him shooting from distance, he doesn't do it enough.

Drinkwater- 6. Never gave up but looks tired

Knockaert- 7. Excellent first half, skilfull and positive. Faded second half and wasn't surprised to see him taken off

Dyer -6. We didn't get him in the game enough

Vardy 6. Thought his touch looked better, unlucky with the header. Shame he got injured.

Nuge -6. Looks tired. Probably fed up with long balls being knocked up at him constantly too.

Subs:

Marshall 4. What's happened to him?!

Waghorn 5. A sublime cross field ball but other than that, the Waghorn of old. Seems to think he's Wayne Rooney at the moment.

Lindgard- 5. I think I could blow him over

Ps, has Futacs had an affair with Pearson's wife?! Only explanation for his lack of opportunities.

Kasper - 4 - Kicking poor, a couple of basic errors, didn't redeem himself with any great saves.

De Laet - 5 - A lot of huff and puff but mistakes in possession and defensively.

Morgan - 4 - One of his worst games for us, lost the ball in bad areas, long balls were poor even though he didnt have great options a lot of the time.

Whitbread - 5 - Similar to Morgan but not as bad.

Konchesky - 4 - He's been poor this season. Concedes possession way too easily and doesn't stop crosses.

Knockaert - 7 - One of the few who looked to have a cutting edge, looked dangerous without quite making the difference. Bad decision to take him off when he was the best of our midfielders.

King - 4 - A couple of decent moments but did not get involved enough. He doesn't want the ball and he doesn't want to win the ball, not enough effort or determination.

Drinkwater - 5 - Started well but wasn't in the game enough. Similar performance to King.

Dyer - 5 - Typical Dyer, looked clueless when he realised they were doubling up on him, didn't have the guts to beat his man. Wasn't totally hopeless but barely had a positive effect.

Vardy - 5 - He works hard and has the occassional good moment where he troubles them, was unlucky with his header today, but tbh he doesn't look good enough. His touch is poor, his goalscoring isn't good enough, he's reluctant to shoot and when you compare his movement to someone like Bellamy you can see the chasm of difference.

Nugent - 6 - Like Vardy and Waggy he wasn't helped by some of the 'service' he was getting but he didn't impose himself on the game. He needs to cause more problems for them.

Subs

Waghorn - 5 - Lively for a few minutes but faded after that, didn't make a proper impact.

Lingard - 5 - Didn't look terrible but he really is pointless, can't see what he offers.

Marshall - 5 - Again, didn't make an impact, though I would have liked to see him on the right for longer. Would rather have kept Knocky on.

Morgan was poor by his standards but he was not the worst player on the pitch. Giving him a 3 is simply not correct when you give Lindgard a 4.

Perhaps. Tainted by higher expectations I suppose. How anyone rated Wes above Whitbread I don't know-ZW was quieter but solid, Wes did practically nothing right as far as I saw...

Morgan was poor by his standards but he was not the worst player on the pitch. Giving him a 3 is simply not correct when you give Lindgard a 4.

Perhaps. Tainted by higher expectations I suppose. How anyone rated Wes above Whitbread I don't know-ZW was quieter but solid, Wes did practically nothing right as far as I saw...

People talking about kaspers kicking are a joke! Where the f**k is he meant to kick it!?!? It can only be put in an area the outfielders have to do the rest! And it not as if i see the full backs or midfielders coming short and really looking for the ball...?!?! You people have no idea about goalkeeping!

People talking about kaspers kicking are a joke! Where the f**k is he meant to kick it!?!? It can only be put in an area the outfielders have to do the rest! And it not as if i see the full backs or midfielders coming short and really looking for the ball...?!?! You people have no idea about goalkeeping!

Preferably not in to touch.

Kasper - 4 - Where are his match-winning saves, the most under used keeper in the Championship thanks to the rest of the team limiting opposition to fewest shots on goal, but... nothing. Came out when he should have stuck with a punch that almost cost us a second too. Weak distribution too.

RDL - 7 - Great first half, faded as Knocky left him exposed as match went on

Morgan - 6 - Below his very high standards

Whitbread - 5 - Average performance from 50p head, hoofer. Decisions weren't a liability for a change, but didn't offer much positively either.

Konch - 3 - Maybe a 2,1 or 0 too. Total liability at the back, another goal conceded, skinned for pace time after time. Offers nothing in attack either other than a hoof. Dyer is desperately missing Schlupp too. We could get two quality players in for his wage, what a waste of £40,000 every single week.

Knocky - 6 - Great early on,lovely touches & vision but loses shape leaving RDL exposed, will get subbed every game until he learns it.

King - 7 - Great whilst we played through the team, faded to nothing when we resorted to longer game as it was constantly going over his head. Deadly first 20 linking up with Knocky & forwards.

Drinkwater - 6 - Controlled things nicely first half of both halves but game passed him by when hoofball from the back started.

Dyer - 6 - Matchwinner a few weeks ago, playing amazingly with Schlupp, left isolated by a shit LB now, great threat in first half, nothing much in second half, deservedly subbed.

Vardy - 7 - Missed him when we went off, his endless running gives defences a nightmare game, linked up well with partner, midfield & widemen. When subbed our game went flat. Missed a sitter when there was offside tho.

Nugent - 6 - Well below his standard, not sure if neck injury is on his mind. Forced good saves from their keeper though.

Waghorn - 5 - Started brightly but faded to nothing, lacked Vardy's teamwork/workrate & was the beginning of our performance weakening.

Marshall - 6 - Made up for Knocky's lack of team discipline but offered nothing much positively.

Lingard - 6 - Out his depth IMO.

NP - Set the team up spot on apart from Konch over Sclupp, sliced them aoart time & time again. Got a grip at halftime & team came out right after halftime. Made the wrong sub in Vardy going off as team started to fall to bits following his departure.

Schmeichel 6 - Once again little to do... can't believe I'm saying this again after another loss lol

De Laet 6 - Defensively sound, 2 very good tackles in the box in either half. Attacking wise looked very clumsy, touch was all over the place.

Morgan 7 - Coped well with their threats, couple of dodgy touches but he recovered well.

Whitbread 5.5 - Missing headers, HOOF.

Konchesky 2 - Dog turd. Maybe 2 is too lenient. I voted for him as player of the season last year but wow has he gone downhill. Slow, constantly out of position. No attacking threat or flair. It's not a commitment or effort problem but more an actual - is he good enough anymore? I found it worrying last season when he used to have Mondays off with Wellens and he's only 31!

Knockaert 7 - Made things tick first half and had their keeper always on his toes.

King 7.5 - Some excellent runs and bursts from midfield. Unlucky not to have bagged today.

Drinkwater 5 - Looks like he's been drinking bog water. Lethargic.

Dyer 4 - Ineffective

Nugent 5 - Ineffective

Vardy 6 - Hustled and bustled and I felt he was doing better than Nugent until he went off.

Waghorn 6.5 - Made some excellent bursts but often had to drop deeper as the midfield was getting overran. Used his power and strength well.

Jessie 5.5 - I am still struggling to see what attributes he possesses to be a top footballer.

Marshall 7 - If we looked like grabbing an equaliser towards the end then it would only have come from him.

The ratings on here are a joke! 3,4,5 and even a two where as same game if a couple of our efforts had gone in there would have been 8,9 and 10.

Was Morgan that bad? I thought he made a couple of great tackles, playing on Bellamy is the hardest job in the championship for a defender and Morgan had the better of him for the most part.

Schmeicel 6 - Didn't have much to do, didn't have his best game but also not his worst, average performance

De Laet 6 - Made a few important tackles but had the touch of a rapist and got muscled off the ball by a midget

Morgan 6 - At times looked like an elephant but was otherwise solid

Whitbread 6 - Average performance

Konch 5 - Dosn't look anywhere near like he was last season, his side of the pitch was a liability, at least he did try to get involved and made a few decent deliveries

Knockaert 9 - I thought he was brilliant today, didn't spot any errors and his control was superb, almost made something happen for us, he hassles opponents too without usually commiting a foul

King 7 - Apart from failing to mark Bellamy he had a good game, came close to scoring and got back when needed.

Drinkwater 6 - Average but didn't make too many mistakes.

Dyer 6 - Occupied the cardiff defence and earnt us a few corners, not his best game but a decent performance.

Nugent 6 - Had a header cleared off the line and his movement was decent, looked a little tired by the end.

Vardy 5 - A good leap for a header off the bar but far too many poor touches, needless fouls and poor decisions.

Subs:

Waghorn 5 - Didn't make much of an impact, played several bad passes. Did provide a few decent corners however. Not his best game.

Marshall 6 - Wasn't able to make much of an impact but made few mistakes.

Lingard 4 - Didn't look ready to play at this level, waste of a substitution.

Archived