Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

MotM Player Ratings, Accurate or not?

Thanks to DavieG for running the MotM rating system : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At5Gd5mXy_erdGQyd3JZYXVjMTJtUnN6X0NxeGlsbkE#gid=0

Are the rankings a fair reflection of our squad?

How would you rate our squad at the half-way stage of the season?

Current rankings:

#1 Morgan - 93pts

#2 Knockaert - 65pts

#3 Drinkwater - 60pts

#4 King - 56pts

#5 Whitbread - 42pts

#6 Waghorn - 37pts

#7 De Laet - 36pts

#8 Schmeichel - 27pts

#9 Vardy - 26pts

#10= Dyer - 21pts

#10= Nugent -21pts

#12 Futacs - 17pts

#13 StLedger- 15pts

#14= Schlupp - 12pts

#14= Konchesky - 12pts

#16 Marshall - 9pts

#17 James - 8pts

#18 Moore - 3pts

#19 Beckford - 2pts

#20 Keane -1pt

#21= Danns - 0pts

#21= Lingard -0pts

I think they are reasonably accurate but underrate Nugent and overrate Whitbread plus Waghorn and Vardy slightly.

I'll give my personal top 11 based on how i think they have done over the season so far.

#1 Morgan - We have the leagues best defensive record and a large part of that is down to our captain imo.

#2 Knockaert - Our most gifted player imo and one capable of playing at a higher level, creates at least a couple of chances every game and tackles well too.

#3 Nugent - 10 goals in open play at halfway means he is on course to be that "20 goal a season" man. He does this while still being a little more than a pure goal poacher.

#4 King - One of the most assured on the ball, rarely gives the ball away cheaply, can score and can tackle, did seem slighly better at the start of the season however.

#5 Drinkwater - Similar to King but with worse shooting and a few bad passes, still shows great positional awareness and usually makes the right decisions

#6 De Laet - Has improved as the season has progressed, imo our second most reliable defender and always worth a couple of storming runs into the opponents half each game

#7 Dyer - Playing his best football imo, always wins several corners and a few free kicks with his pace alone. Occupies defenders thus helping the team even when he sees little of the ball. Still lacking technical ability.

#8 Schmeichel - Has had less to do than last year, very few mistakes in the goal but his kicking can be wasteful

#9 Waghorn - Gives the frontmen abit of muscle and will challege for every ball, sometimes beating a taller defender. Only his poor goalscoring record is holding him back. Set pieces have been good.

#10 Marshall - Has been short of gametime but usually manages to do something positive in games he is in. Clearly posseses great technical ability. Possibly under used.

#11= Vardy - Has missed too many easy chances and often fouls opponents needlessly, despite this he works hard and is a close to being a decent striker.

#11= Whitbread - Had a bad start with almost giving away a goal every game, recently has improved dramatically although still looks uncomfortable on the ball.

Massively over-rates Waghorn; significantly under-rates Nugent and Dyer; slightly over-rates Whitbread...otherwise pretty accurate.

I suppose Waghorn's high rating is because there were 2-3 games in which he was excellent. Nugent is probably not MoM that often, but he makes a very good contribution to the vast majority of matches....but that doesn't necessarily earn you points...

Right, back to Christmas....

It's never going to be reflective as its for the MOTM. If it was based on out of 10 each game Nuge and Koch would be higher, consistently good doesn't show on here.

Surprised people saying the top 3 is right.

Nugent has clearly been our 2nd best player this season, my top 5 would be

1. Morgan

2. Nugent

3. Knockaert

4. Dyer

5. Drinkwater

It's pretty close after the top 2 but Mirgan and Nugent have been a level above the rest this season.

Archived