Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolhandfox

Interesting Stat

Pearson's attackers have the highest proportion of accuracy in the Championship, with 60.9% of their goal attempts on target (162 of 266), while the other end they boast the meanest defence in the second tier (22 goals conceded in 23 games)

Seems to backup the feeling most keepers seem to have a good game against!

We these stats only a matter of time before thing come good!

All that stat highlights is what most of us already know. We dont have good enough strikers to get ourselves out of this division. Its one thing "getting a shot on target" but another to actually make it meaningful. Id also say that hitting the target doesnt mean a striker is accurate. Look at the size of the goal hes aiming at. High accuracy for me is hitting a part of the goal that the keeper cannot get to.....and this is what we suck at judging by the evidence in your stat

All that stat highlights is what most of us already know. We dont have good enough strikers to get ourselves out of this division. Its one thing "getting a shot on target" but another to actually make it meaningful. Id also say that hitting the target doesnt mean a striker is accurate. Look at the size of the goal hes aiming at. High accuracy for me is hitting a part of the goal that the keeper cannot get to.....and this is what we suck at judging by the evidence in your stat

This.

Shut up you grumpy git! The last 4 games other teams defences have sat on the line and we have hit the post\bar many times that says our strike force are fine we just need a bit more luck. The keepers in the last few games have had absolute blinders you can't deny that. We will start scoring again soon and go on another run. You will see.

Shut up you grumpy git! The last 4 games other teams defences have sat on the line and we have hit the post\bar many times that says our strike force are fine we just need a bit more luck. The keepers in the last few games have had absolute blinders you can't deny that. We will start scoring again soon and go on another run. You will see.

The keepers have had good games i agree. Im a keeper myself and have been for over 20 years. But the fact is, that alot of our shots give the keeper a chance. I love matches personally where shots come in all game that are a little bit to the left or right of you as it makes you look amazing. But the fact is, is that if these strikers actually hit the corners of the goal, there would be nothing I could do no matter how "good a keeper" i was. Same applies up and down the football chain

Why do most City fans always turn a positive into a negative :xmassmile:

Why do most City fans always turn a positive into a negative :xmassmile:

What we do best :xmaswink:

When we beat Ipswich i was annoyed we wasted so many chances and my two mates said we should have had double figures and one of them was really annoyed we only got six, honestly.

When it comes to finishing we are fine, it's clear that since we have one of the best attacks in the division in terms of goals scored at home, we have players capable of scoring us enough goals. The problem is that we simply haven't been able to get near to that away from home, those players aren't bad finishers because they're playing away from home, it's our approach on the road that needs to change, we don't need to go out and spend millions on yet another new striker.

Doesn't explain why, that in a considerably large amount of games, opposing keepers have game of our lives against us, but you see them the week later letting shots in.

Our midfield & defence restrict opposition to the fewest shots on target in the whole division (apparently)... but Kasper doesn't have games like these opposing keepers where he saves 10 or 15 shots on target

Is Kasper as bad as people like to make out our forwards are, in so much as the few shots on goal he has to handle, he doesn't handle and we keep losing by the odd goal, or (the classy Bellamy aside) are all these medicocre Championship forwards who score past us that much better at shooting?

No they can't be, if they don't get as many shots on target as the OP says we do.

So if people want to say our forwards are naff, then by extension they're saying Kasper is too, as the few shots we concede on target are going in... and that from forwards who can't get as many shots on target as we do ourselves. ie. forwards who aren't as good as ours

So if people want to say our forwards are naff, then by extension they're saying Kasper is too, as the few shots we concede on target are going in... and that from forwards who can't get as many shots on target as we do ourselves. ie. forwards who aren't as good as ours

To be honest, Kasper hasn't been great this season though. Certainly not as good as he was at the start of last season.

I do wonder if when we dominate games and get lots of shots on target early on we warm-up their keeper and help him have a blinder, whereas Kasper sits there doing nothing and we often concede from their first attack.

What that stat does show is that whilst not perfect we are only a couple of pieces away from completing the puzzle, and if we can just find that one piece, whether it is a new player, a new formation, a few tweaks, no more niggly little disruptive injuries or just a bit of luck or momentum, we are so close, I feel it.

What I don't understand is all those people that want us to put all the pieces back in the box and start again.

Archived