Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPV

Hull post match waffle

Fantastic result. Away from home against a top 6 side who score for fun?

Very impressive clean sheet. This is basically what people have been crying for away from home. Sure things up, tighten up the midfield. Very happy.

I reckon we'll beat Burnley and kick off another decent run. Especially if Wood signs.

What?

You've changed your tune? Is it because you possibly had posts deleted?

Have you lost the plot?

Of course a point away from home against the team second in the division after the poor run of form we have had is a good result.

You're fitting nicely into one of the 'we have a divine right to success' crowd!

I agree our results recently have been poor, but TODAY'S is a good result.

Exactly mate, :thumbup:

Well we've really shed the delusions of grandeur so fair play to big Nige for that.

We now seem to be falling over ourselves to say that a point at Hull is a good point.

Hull ffs not Man Utd. Our level of expectation has just been eroded so far we'll be celebrating getting 10 players in the same kit soon.

Clearly your expectations are to beat every team in the league, home and away, no matter what the table or form book says. So I'd say you are doing a fine job in still keeping the delusions of grandeur alive.

Another clean sheet. Another blank in front of goal.

Roll on january so we can sign that all important defensive midfielder... :huh:

A defensive midfielder who can give the likes of King and Drinkwater the freedom to play a more attacking role could be beneficial.

A defensive midfielder who can give the likes of King and Drinkwater the freedom to play a more attacking role could be beneficial.

Or just a bloody good strong midfielder who has many strings to his bow than protecting an already good and well protected defence.

Yes, because Hull were not second on a great run of form a couple of months ago. But even during our best run of form we wouldn't have gone away to face that Hull side and expected 3 points, at least the majority of sensible fans would not have expected three points.

Correct, we were playing well at that time but seem to have faltered whereas Hull are making progress and improving, exactly the point I was making.

Perhaps 'expected 3 points' is not quite what I meant, I would at least have expected us to try and go for a win, I mean give it a serious go. I do not think that was the case today.

BTW. I do not take kindly to any suggestion that I might be a 'sensible fan', you are warned. :)

Clearly your expectations are to beat every team in the league, home and away, no matter what the table or form book says. So I'd say you are doing a fine job in still keeping the delusions of grandeur alive.

Not at all.

It's just to do better than 12 points from 33 available.

Correct, we were playing well at that time but seem to have faltered whereas Hull are making progress and improving, exactly the point I was making.

Perhaps 'expected 3 points' is not quite what I meant, I would at least have expected us to try and go for a win, I mean give it a serious go. I do not think that was the case today.

BTW. I do not take kindly to any suggestion that I might be a 'sensible fan', you are warned. :)

But when we have gone for it away, more times than not this season, we've got **** all. Going to good sides like Hull and grinding out 0-0 draws is not a bad thing in itself, it's if we can't get back on track at home that it becomes a problem.

We had a serious good go, it's Hull away not Sheffield Wednesday. Was always going to be difficult, and I would of taken a point before the game started, good result for us with them being on decent form.

Knockaert, Waghorn, Gallagher all had good chances, so saying we didn't really go for a win is ridiculous.

But when we have gone for it away, more times than not this season, we've got **** all. Going to good sides like Hull and grinding out 0-0 draws is not a bad thing in itself, it's if we can't get back on track at home that it becomes a problem.

Interesting point you make there, but we do have to win some away games to alleviate the pressure to win the majority of our games at home which we have done at least we can start doing that on Saturday against Burnley.

Ah right, apologies then. For a moment there I thought you specifically mentioned Hull away (you did).

I said i was sick of everyone falling over themselves to say that 0-0 at Hull is a good point. It's ok at best and in this run of form it doesn't help at all.

It certainly doesn't warrant the happy clapping "wow we got a point of high flying Hull" ..... Hull FFS!!!!! Hull.

My level of expectation is quite so low as being happy that we have been on the run we have and then draw at Hull. It's not a good result, it's a particularly average one at best.

Archived