Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPV

Hull post match waffle

We need a change in midfield. When your strikers aren't scoring goals. You need your midfield to chip in. King and drinkwater don't. Matty james isn't the answer. Danns scores goals but because pearson can't handle talented players. We're stuck with his cack. Knocky will get sold because he's not a pearson player. Dyer is, because he trys and doesn't mouth back.

Exactly. DM is the absolute last thing we need, our goal is obviously well enough protected & its either a new player/formation tweak/player selection change/tactics tweak that's needed to make things flow in attack better to secure the goals our performance frequently deserves.

Pearson out

cc star in....

:thumbup:

Or maybe not...

We need a change in midfield. When your strikers aren't scoring goals. You need your midfield to chip in. King and drinkwater don't. Matty james isn't the answer. Danns scores goals but because pearson can't handle talented players. We're stuck with his cack. Knocky will get sold because he's not a pearson player. Dyer is, because he trys and doesn't mouth back.

What did danns do when we were losing to the likes of barnsley at home last season or burton at home this season.

Some of your points are just totally pointless

On way home. Good point.

First half we were decent but defended very well and Hull possibly should have been in front at the break.

Second half we edged it and played well but never really had that cutting edge.

Point gained defitnelty. Don't know why Gallagher came on over Dyer or Futacs. Strange one that.

Sorry mate a 0-0 at Hull just isnt good enough , i watched our lot at Millwall a couple of weeks ago in their so called hospitality and we were awful with Pearson hardly acknowledging the City fans after the game... i dont even remember a shot on target when have the likes of Nugent and should have Beckford back we should be spanking Hull

after all we think we are a Prem team but i think a long way off , we have the best goalie by a mile but Pearson has got to start getting better performances out of our lot an should at least give the City fans a wave after the game

bet he had some shite today !!!

also seen Alan Young at Millwall after the game and he looked a day younger than 98 what has happened to him !!! could do with him being up front though if Waggya nd them dont start performing

p.s. the hospitality at Millwall is certainly different ,, roast beef for main course with the option of a baseball bat for pudding , i wore me City scarf and had a Vinnie Jones look a like putting his massive soverign in my face ...

Sorry mate a 0-0 at Hull just isnt good enough , i watched our lot at Millwall a couple of weeks ago in their so called hospitality and we were awful with Pearson hardly acknowledging the City fans after the game... i dont even remember a shot on target when have the likes of Nugent and should have Beckford back we should be spanking Hull

after all we think we are a Prem team but i think a long way off , we have the best goalie by a mile but Pearson has got to start getting better performances out of our lot an should at least give the City fans a wave after the game

also seen Alan Young at Millwall after the game and he looked a day younger than 98 what has happened to him !!! could do with him being up front though if Waggya nd them dont start performing

p.s. the hospitality at Millwall is certainly different ,, roast beef for main course with the option of a baseball bat for pudding , i wore me City scarf and had a Vinnie Jones look a like putting his massive soverign in my face ...

Eh? :blink:

Just got home, absolutely soaked! The one time I think I'd have preferred the drive back from Leicester.

Good point, Hull clearly got a lot about them all over the pitch, we were generally quite decent but Hull were able to break us down a few times. A very entertaining 0-0, little bit of bite but generally both teams got on with the game.

The Leicester fan that got kicked out looked a right cock btw, and the Hull fan running away from the stewards all over the ground was ****ing hilarious lol

We do lack strength in the team some games. But it does strike me as odd that for a team conceding the least amount of shots, least amount of goals, the answer is a DM. Strong physical CM in the squad yes, a DM I really don't see.

We've played three decent teams, conceded two and scored none. Those stats scream creativity/goal scorer to me more than anything else.

Spot on Babs..........(Something rarely heard, from me anyway)

The question for me is whether we need a striker or a playmaker......?

It is my view and has been for a while, that we are not creating really good chances, getting the ball to our front men often enough but not clear cut openings.

So for me it needs to be more creativity, playing King in the advanced role is not the answer and given that NFP does not seem to trust Knockaert with the playmaker role I guess we have to get someone in.

Seems we couldn't win. Playing away against a side who are 2nd in the league with a solid defence and decent goal scoring record and anything but a win isn't good enough. Personally i thought Pearson got it spot on with tactics and substitutions and we actually didn't play that brilliantly ( too many wayward passes ) yet we got a point and we created just as much as they did. You've got to take each game seperately as you can't let past results influence your approach to each game and we should be happy with a point here.

Something of a technology crisis here, power supply for the MacBook broken, but managed to listen on Mrs M's iPad using the Puffin browser to stream Foxesplayer. (recommended short term fix for iOS users)

As always, very difficult to get any idea of how we played but the general impression was that we set up and played very conservatively, so I guess a point was all we were looking for.

Disapointing really......

Now come on Dave, you have been crying out for us to alter the formation play 3 midfield (no 4-4-2) etc etc, we do that, keep a clean sheet at Hull and you have that criticism.... IMO that's unfair critique!

Listening to NP on Radio Leicester he was his usual deadpan answers, giving nothing away. I can't understand the confidence issue as we were riding high and played poorly against Barnsley (2-2) at home. That wasn't confidence. I think we are a striker short, possibly a defender, not sure about Whitbread and we need another Mark Davies type in midfield to give us that energy and scoring ability.

Have to win our next two games now.

Seems we couldn't win. Playing away against a side who are 2nd in the league with a solid defence and decent goal scoring record and anything but a win isn't good enough. Personally i thought Pearson got it spot on with tactics and substitutions and we actually didn't play that brilliantly ( too many wayward passes ) yet we got a point and we created just as much as they did. You've got to take each game seperately as you can't let past results influence your approach to each game and we should be happy with a point here.

I tried to suggest this during the match thread. And was shouted down by Thrac and his expansive play and winning mentality. Can't agree more with you.

I'm glad we tightened up the midfield. Well done Nigel. A point gained today in my eyes.

Some clueless muppets around today.

Since when has a point /away/ to the side second in the table not good enough?

It's the very definition of 'good enough'. It's the text book, 'good' but not 'great' result.

Millwall was by all accounts a poor performance, today we played Hull, not Millwall - You've got the wrong post-match thread.

People returning from game today seem to be of the consensus that it was a point won & pretty far from 2pts lost.

Deary me.

I agree with cc_star. Lets look at the facts. Hull won the last 4 and lie second. We are 5th and slipping down yet we get a point. We should be happy enough even though we are all frustrated. Need to move on from this now and must get minimum 4 from next 2 games.

Also I think by playing 3 centre mids NP got what he wanted.

Some clueless muppets around today.

Since when has a point /away/ to the side second in the table not good enough?

It's the very definition of 'good enough'. It's the text book, 'good' but not 'great' result.

Millwall was by all accounts a poor performance, today we played Hull, not Millwall - You've got the wrong post-match thread.

People returning from game today seem to be of the consensus that it was a point won & pretty far from 2pts lost.

Deary me.

I don't think I can take people who have got this far in life and put spaces before punctuation seriously.

Archived