Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPV

Hull post match waffle

Now come on Dave, you have been crying out for us to alter the formation play 3 midfield (no 4-4-2) etc etc, we do that, keep a clean sheet at Hull and you have that criticism.... IMO that's unfair critique!

Did not get to the game so difficult to comment on today, several posters who were actually at the game have just suggested that we played quite well to get a point, if that is true then I am more encouraged.

I never have an issue with the team fighting hard to get a point in difficult circumstance, but setting up in a defensive 4-5-1, with no one supporting Nugent, that's disapointing.

When Chris Wood signs he will make the difference hopefully, whether that is in a 4-4-2 alongside Nugent or the front man in a 4-3-3 we will see.

But which central mid-fielding type player do we need to sign general consensus is Danns and Wellens are surplus to requirements imo i.e Trotter type player or a Koren type player?

Yeah me and most the other people around me.

No i don't rate him, but Id like to know the thought process of bringing him on over likes of Dyer.

He's been dropped for quite a while. Maybe he's been training really well and Pearson thought he had the desire and ability to win us the game. He certainly went close with the free kick and the commentary team made it sound like he was very hungry.

Yeah me and most the other people around me.

No i don't rate him, but Id like to know the thought process of bringing him on over likes of Dyer.

Because we needed a goal and Gallagher is a lot more likely to get you one? :dunno:

Dave and an unfair critique? Never!

lol

:thumbup:

I have never EVER suggested playing King in a more advanced role, that to me is just plain wrong.

The lack of support and pace from Knockaert and Marshall that we saw the last time this system was tried made it pretty obvious that this formation is essentially negative, to much so for me.

I have never EVER suggested playing King in a more advanced role, that to me is just plain wrong.

The lack of support and pace from Knockaert and Marshall that we saw the last time this system was tried made it pretty obvious that this formation is essentially negative, to much so for me.

We got a point away at Hull Dave.

Be happy with that surely?

And move on..

Gallaghers free kick was deflected and never had the legs on it to go in.

As for saying Gallaghers more likely to score, he's sscored just in 2 away league games for us. They were penalties. So that doesn't make sense.

The game was so open at the back, Dyer with pace couldn't have been less effective than Gallagher surely.

Well we've really shed the delusions of grandeur so fair play to big Nige for that.

We now seem to be falling over ourselves to say that a point at Hull is a good point.

Hull ffs not Man Utd. Our level of expectation has just been eroded so far we'll be celebrating getting 10 players in the same kit soon.

Did not get to the game so difficult to comment on today, several posters who were actually at the game have just suggested that we played quite well to get a point, if that is true then I am more encouraged.

I never have an issue with the team fighting hard to get a point in difficult circumstance, but setting up in a defensive 4-5-1, with no one supporting Nugent, that's disapointing.

fair enough mate it just seemed NP would be damned if he does or doesn't! Anyway good point and as Col says onto the next game now! :chant:

As for saying Gallaghers more likely to score, he's sscored just in 2 away league games for us. They were penalties. So that doesn't make sense.

They weren't all penalties though were they. He scored 3 in 2 away games, one was not a penalty. But the fact that we were away from home doesn't stop him from being capable of scoring one of his free-kicks or long shots does it?

We got a point away at Hull Dave.

Be happy with that surely?

And move on..

Seriously....?

Have our ambitions sunk that low?

Our recent form has been poor, in my view due to a more conservative approach that has been obvious from the Millwall game onwards, and today appears to be little different?

I say appeared as I was not at the game so don't actually know, a couple of posters who were, suggest that we actually fought hard for a point, if that is the case then I am more encouraged.

However, I can't help thinking that a couple of months ago we would have gone to Hull expecting a win...

Fantastic result. Away from home against a top 6 side who score for fun?

Very impressive clean sheet. This is basically what people have been crying for away from home. Sure things up, tighten up the midfield. Very happy.

I reckon we'll beat Burnley and kick off another decent run. Especially if Wood signs.

However, I can't help thinking that a couple of months ago we would have gone to Hull expecting a win...

Yes, because Hull were not second on a great run of form a couple of months ago. But even during our best run of form we wouldn't have gone away to face that Hull side and expected 3 points, at least the majority of sensible fans would not have expected three points.

I think it has little to do with ambitions being happy with the point. On a bad run of form getting a solid draw away (especially with our away form) against 2nd in the division is certain positive, and it's at least a decent boom before a run of games where we can definitely take back control of the ship.

Seriously....?

Have our ambitions sunk that low?

Our recent form has been poor, in my view due to a more conservative approach that has been obvious from the Millwall game onwards, and today appears to be little different?

I say appeared as I was not at the game so don't actually know, a couple of posters who were, suggest that we actually fought hard for a point, if that is the case then I am more encouraged.

Have you lost the plot?

Of course a point away from home against the team second in the division after the poor run of form we have had is a good result.

You're fitting nicely into one of the 'we have a divine right to success' crowd!

I agree our results recently have been poor, but TODAY'S is a good result.

Fantastic result. Away from home against a top 6 side who score for fun?

Very impressive clean sheet. This is basically what people have been crying for away from home. Sure things up, tighten up the midfield. Very happy.

I reckon we'll beat Burnley and kick off another decent run. Especially if Wood signs.

lol lol lol

This forum is seriously fooked tonight.

Keep thinking people are hacking each others accounts.

Archived