Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Huddersfield pre match chat.

Definitely unchanged side for me. A win in this game really will set us up nicely and possibly dispell any moaners left that we are actually going to have a strong season. Really encouraging for me is Ben Marshall. If he starts to hit form now (which is looking likely), it'll be such an asset going into the 2nd half of the season.

COME ON LEICESTER!!!

BLUE ARMEH!

James doesn't deserve to be dropped, was our best player at Burnley.

Dyer didn't do a lot so I'd bring Waghorn in for him, Marshall and Knockaert to start with one given a free role behind the front two.

Need to get back to winning ways at home.

I think, though I'm not sure mate, that the transfer window officially opens (in terms of registering players) on Jan 2nd?

Cheers pal, I thought it opened mdnight on 1st? I know theres a midday the day before and also a 3 hour before KO one aswell. Someone might know hopefully?

I'm not claiming to be an expert but a bit of googling suggests Wood cannot play.

According to this link window opens at midnight 31st December

http://www.transferl...ontent/faq.html

But according to FL rules he can't play because he has to be registered at noon on 30th December to be eligible for udders.

41.2 Subject to Regulations 41.4 and 41.5, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (other than those referred to in Regulation 41.3) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by the Executive by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.

I'm not claiming to be an expert but a bit of googling suggests Wood cannot play.

But according to FL rules he can't play because he has to be registered at noon on 30th December to be eligible for udders.

41.2 Subject to Regulations 41.4 and 41.5, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (other than those referred to in Regulation 41.3) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by the Executive by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.

cheers Lobster, I thought there was another subsection about signing 3 hours before also.....bloody rules eh :P

Interesting that it doesn't specifically state that the transfer has to be completed.. Perhaps the registration forms and paperwork can be submitted in advance of the window opening, everything is 'found to be in order' by midday tomorrow (so Wood can play), and the transfer becomes official when the window opens at midnight. Just a guess, mind...

I may be wrong but is it not possible to sign him on an emergency 48-hour loan so that he can play before completing the signing?

It needs to be an emergency otherwise The FA wouldn't sanction it. He hasn't trained with us either. He'll probably be eased in against Burton.

Why the Fook would it be seen as an emergency?

Because that's the loophole which enables us to get him in the squad.

Anyway, if he is available there's next to no chance he'll be starting.

Can't beat some research.

Something the Merc should have done seeing as someone actually got paid for writing that.

Various prematch items on internet refer to Beckford playing for Huddersfield. Usually loan players don't play against their parent clubs. What's the situation here?

Didn't play in the match at their place, I doubt he'll play on Tuesday.

EDIT: Didn't catch your follow-up post, sorry.

Archived