Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Booing Gally

People have a right to voice their opinions on what they've paid to see

I think booing can be counter-productive though, but if people feel like that after a game - I know I certainly have enough over the years then by all means go for it.

Booing before the final whistle is the most bizarre thing though

And the singling out of an individual scapegoat by some teenagers and morons who had a sniff of shandy on their their way to the ground is flat out wrong

Well they shouldn't, we go 1-0 down at ht and bod ring out, that's just what will give them the boost they need, don't worry about singing (we don't do that at home now anyway) just give them a good booing off and they should come out raring to go

Booing is totally counterproductive...it causes drops in players performances far, far more than improvements.

Of course you've got the right to do so - you've paid your money - but don't think for a second that booing a particular player or the team during the match helps the players/club...you're doing it purely for self-gratification. There's no useful purpose for it beyond that.

Personally I find bitching about it on here or with your mates in the pub is far more productive in that you get whatever the matter is off your chest, and you don't get sections of the team suffering an even greater drop in performance because of it.

Surely the key word is 'supporter' by definition means you support those who you follow.

Whilst I pay my money, as others do, and therefore have the right to voice my opinion, I feel that booing is counter productive.

Any player wearing the blue shirt should be encouraged, not ridiculed. I fail to see how booing a player when he comes on, during a game or is substituted is anything other than mindless and must give the opposition a huge lift.

A bad display after 90 minutes and I can understand those who feel the need to boo, but surely not during the game?

Do you want my CV?

he's been played there a couple of times last season and had zero impact. He was better in the hole, as is Knockeart, but we never use that position well enough.

Overall in the years he's been here, he's probably played as a striker about 5 times and i'd guess with a different strike partner every time. Hardly enough time to establish into the role. I do agree that his attributes seem to suit him playing in the hole behind the strikers but having never seen him play a run of games as a striker, we'll never know if he'a better there.

Why can't we boo him if we want its a free world and he is useless lol

Just replace 'we' for 'I' and that's fine... I'd never personally boo a player (I've booed the team before though, out of frustration) but nobody can actually stop you from doing it, you've paid your money. I just don't see why we have this 13 page thread, nobody seemed to mention anything when Bruma and, especially, Beckford, recieved it.

The difference is that I don't recall them being booed before they'd kicked the ball. The Beckford incident at West Ham occurred when he was taken off.

I've heard Beckford and Bruma both recieve boos when the names were read out over the pa system (at home games).

Archived