Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Booing Gally

I don't think Gallagher should be booed, but anyone who really thinks he would be upset by it is not living in the real world.

He is a professional footballer, paid a phenomenal amount of money to play football. I'm sure he realises its all part and parcel of the job.

I'm sure he also realises its not a popularity contest and that the only opinion that matters is that of the man picking the team - NP.

I am also a professional albeit it in another industry and make decisions on a routine basis that will often upset people. I am not one of the most popular people in the industry and often customers are left disappointed with my decisions. I come here to work though and I get my salary for doing so (far far less than Mr Gallagher's).

I deal with it and I'm 100% certain he does too.

I disagree and the example I will use is last season, West Ham away, Beckford was roundly booed for his inept performance and definitely reacted to the treatment! I hasten to add I did not and will never boo a City player despite my very strong dislike of JB. So to say it doesn't get to the players IMO is not living in the real world!

I can see why people don't rate him, he has attributes that will annoy and frustrate, but this could set a prescedent for other players to be given the same treatment and it really won't help at all.

The thing is, he could be booed on to the pitch and go on to score a winner, how ridiculous would it look then?

Let him show what he can do in that particular match and then give your opinion.

The thing is, he isn't the only player that gets booed. I've heard some of our fans target Beckford, for example, yet nobody seems to mention that. Just get over it, he is paid thousands, most of which is contributed by those who do boo him anyway. I doubt a few hundred boo's is going to upset him. He isn't the only player to get that, and we arn't the only club to have fans that boo some of our players.

(Just to clear things up, again, I have never booed him but was just speaking generally).

The thing is, he isn't the only player that gets booed. I've heard some of our fans target Beckford, for example, yet nobody seems to mention that. Just get over it, he is paid thousands, most of which is contributed by those who do boo him anyway. I doubt a few hundred boo's is going to upset him. He isn't the only player to get that, and we arn't the only club to have fans that boo some of our players.

(Just to clear things up, again, I have never booedam a him but was just speaking generally).

Read my post about Beckford and West Ham away, it does upset players!

He gestured aswell in disgust!

I have occassionally wondered whether it was that game, in particular, that made Beckford fall out of love with the club? Just a thought and, regarding Beckford frankly I'm not really bothered. But it could be that the fans response to the player DID and DOES matter actually, in terms of their overall feeling toward a club.

I have occassionally wondered whether it was that game, in particular, that made Beckford fall out of love with the club? Just a thought and, regarding Beckford frankly I'm not really bothered. But it could be that the fans response to the player DID and DOES matter actually, in terms of their overall feeling toward a club.

If I played for club whose fans booed there own players, I wouldn't want to stay there.

Like you Col not bothered about JB but booing your own players is fvcking ridiculous and counter productive!

Regarding Gally and his inconsistencies and flaws - We're LCFC - we're not Man U. Therefore we don't have access to flawless players. Pretty much our entire team and squad have flaws and inconsistencies and the rest of the league is similar.

Gallagher: Talented, great ability at dead ball situations, can score goals from nowhere. But bad in the air, not physical, can't beat a man etc.

This means he's probably a decent squad player and should be on the bench at times. Which is exactly how Pearson is using him.

What's the issue?

Exactly. There is not one positive to be gained from booing you own players. It's absolutely infuriating and thick.

Couldn't agree more, the idiots that boo probably haven't got a brain cell to share between them. Shoot them dead on site....it'll be doing society a favour too

crazy-shooting.gif

He gestured aswell in disgust!

I thought he just stared at our lot in shock? Either way, the whole booing your own player is ludicrous anyway, where it's Gallagher or Beckford. They've never said anything out of turn or on-purposely played shit. I can understand booing at full time if we've been smacked 4-0 or played absolutely terribly. However, singling out players before they've even touched the ball and (as Corky rightly put) still have time to influence the game, is just plain daft. I don't want Gallagher in our line-up personally, but I certainly won't begrudge him if he is.

Its a really odd one with Gallagher. He was signed as a striker and has always said thats his preferred position yet, he's never been played there. More importantly, he's never complained about it. He just plays where he's told and in fairness, his goal return is pretty good. The fact he's not physical is such a poor reason to not like him to this extent.

I'm very careful in the selection of people I choose to come at.

Do you want my CV?

Its a really odd one with Gallagher. He was signed as a striker and has always said thats his preferred position yet, he's never been played there. More importantly, he's never complained about it. He just plays where he's told and in fairness, his goal return is pretty good. The fact he's not physical is such a poor reason to not like him to this extent.

he's been played there a couple of times last season and had zero impact. He was better in the hole, as is Knockeart, but we never use that position well enough.

Who does this? Cause they need to sort themselves out! You don't boo any player that is playing for lcfc, if Beckford came back would everyone boo him? I wouldn't, despite me not thinking his attitude is great I wouldn't boo a player who is playing for us, that would just make it worse. And Gally used to be loved by the supporters, a year a go he was scoring wonder goals every few games. H went out on loan so now he is booed? Sort it out.

People have a right to voice their opinions on what they've paid to see

I think booing can be counter-productive though, but if people feel like that after a game - I know I certainly have enough over the years then by all means go for it.

Booing before the final whistle is the most bizarre thing though

And the singling out of an individual scapegoat by some teenagers and morons who had a sniff of shandy on their their way to the ground is flat out wrong

My mum used to have one as a kid, great fun when the roof was down! but ultimately a piece of crap, never a fan of citroen. So no thanks.

You don't need to come shoot me, you've just knocked me down with that banter.

Game. Set. Match Mr Jimmer

Do you want my CV?

he's been played there a couple of times last season and had zero impact. He was better in the hole, as is Knockeart, but we never use that position well enough.

The 'hole' doesn't tend to work in the Championship; the space just isn't there. Anybody who was at Burnley saw how Knockaert struggled; became just another body in the middle. In this division at least he is better on the wing/wide-midfielder; gets the time to pick up the ball, control and run at the defence from the angle, which he just doesn't have the time to do in so congested a midfield.

Archived