Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Vardy to Preston?

the problem is he is not any better than the other options we have and he is older than all of them. we may aswell send him out on loan so he can get some games. it cant hurt

I sort of agree.

Wood is everything which Futacs should be.

Schlupp is needed for cover at left back, waghorn doesnt have any natural pace, whilst vardy does have a bit of pace which could be useful in the last 10-15 minutes of games.

That's exactly how I felt about you using Wood's success to bash Vardy.

I just fail to see why it's one rule for Beckford and another for Vardy, please, enlighten me.

We won 4-0, yet people still on about Beckford ffs :facepalm:

That's exactly how I felt about you using Wood's success to bash Vardy.

I just fail to see why it's one rule for Beckford and another for Vardy, please, enlighten me.

It is one rule for Beckford. "Cup goals don't count". I bet Vardy's would and you'll probably count Wood's too. For the record I was only saying - want Vardy to do well for us, it's very rare you'll catch me slagging off one of our own for no reason.

It is one rule for Beckford. "Cup goals don't count". I bet Vardy's would and you'll probably count Wood's too. For the record I was only saying - want Vardy to do well for us, it's very rare you'll catch me slagging off one of our own for no reason.

Scored half as many league goals as Beckford did in total last year, in just his first two games.

You obviously didn't read the post you quoted as well as you should have then.

You do seem quite upset in some threads that Vardy's taken Precious Jermaine's place.

Especially the half season is enough to prove yourself with regard to Vardy, yet brown nosed Jermaine even though he was utter pap for well over half the season.

You obviously didn't read the post you quoted as well as you should have then.

Yeah I think I did, don't need someone like you to tell me what I've done. You said it was one rule for Beckford - my response was that you claimed Beckford's cup goals didn't count towards his total for last season (a number of times in the past) but if it was Vardy or Wood you would've done.

You do seem quite upset in some threads that Vardy's taken Precious Jermaine's place.

Especially the half season is enough to prove yourself with regard to Vardy, yet brown nosed Jermaine even though he was utter pap for well over half the season.

Can you find any proof of this? Either way, Beckford's gone now and we're doing better without him. I was just stating a fact and the bloke who thinks he owns the forum couldn't handle it.

lol

Yeah I think I did, don't need someone like you to tell me what I've done. You said it was one rule for Beckford - my response was that you claimed Beckford's cup goals didn't count towards his total for last season (a number of times in the past) but if it was Vardy or Wood you would've done.

No I wouldn't, hence me only including Wood's two league games.

Why don't you toddle along and find some evidence of me ever doing that before accusing me of it. You've declared that Vardy isn't good enough after half a season yet you still defended Beckford after his crap half a season. I just want to know why that is, please explain it to me so that I don't have to accuse you of double standards.

Can you find any proof of this? Either way, Beckford's gone now and we're doing better without him. I was just stating a fact and the bloke who thinks he owns the forum couldn't handle it.

lol

Errrr yes, in the Vardy to Preston thread. And I remember all the people retweeting your blinkered Beckford defences last season. I seem to remember a rather cringeworthy #PrayForBeckford campaign too.

Anyways, enough about Jermaine firing blanks and contributing little in the way of effort or assists. I'm just happy we're back on form and heading up the table.

No I wouldn't, hence me only including Wood's two league games.

Why don't you toddle along and find some evidence of me ever doing that before accusing me of it. You've declared that Vardy isn't good enough after half a season yet you still defended Beckford after his crap half a season. I just want to know why that is, please explain it to me so that I don't have to accuse you of double standards.

lol

Do you think I'm bothered if you "have to accuse me if having double standards"? Haha.

Get a quote of me saying "Vardy isn't good enough" if you can?

Errrr yes, in the Vardy to Preston thread. And I remember all the people retweeting your blinkered Beckford defences last season. I seem to remember a rather cringeworthy #PrayForBeckford campaign too.

Anyways, enough about Jermaine firing blanks and contributing little in the way of effort or assists. I'm just happy we're back on form and heading up the table.

That was a joke, clearly.

Again find me the proof that I've said I'm pissed off that Vardy has took Beckford's place.

That was a joke, clearly.

Again find me the proof that I've said I'm pissed off that Vardy has took Beckford's place.

Of course you've not been as daft as to state it explicitly, but it's pretty clear and implicit from your posts.

Of course you've not been as daft as to state it explicitly, but it's pretty clear and implicit from your posts.

Yes, because I've never said it. Just the fact that he's not priced himself yet. Correct me if I'm wrong that he has though if you can.

Say we do go up this season. Can anyone honestly say Vardy will be good enough for the prem?

This is an honest question, not me slagging him off. I really want him to do well for us because he's such a team player. What can he offer (from the games you've seen this season) that will keep us up in the prem?

Get a quote of me saying "Vardy isn't good enough" if you can?

wouldn't be too disappointed if he never came back, to be honest. Sorry Jamie, have a lot of time for you, but this is not the club or the level for you

You know that already from his 15 or so games?

So how long should we give someone? Half a season is more than enough. We can't afford to give players more time to prove themselves when we're fighting to go up.

Is that not an indication that you agree with the original post?

Wood is going to be our top scorer. Already bagged more than Vardy in two games.

A dig at Vardy that is completely irrelevant to what was the discussion and has lead us down this rather tedious path.

No it's not first hand evidence of you saying he isn't good enough, but I'll go back to the point I made in the Preston thread which is that Beckford hadn't even done as well as Vardy has in his first half of the season and you wouldn't have made either of the above posts with regards to him. You certainly weren't saying it was fair to judge him on half a season otherwise you like many others (not myself) would have wanted Beckford out the door in January.

Say we do go up this season. Can anyone honestly say Vardy will be good enough for the prem?

This is an honest question, not me slagging him off. I really want him to do well for us because he's such a team player. What can he offer (from the games you've seen this season) that will keep us up in the prem?

Get him out on loan for a bit, get his confidence up and maybe he'll be a better player IF we did go up.

Is that not an indication that you agree with the original post?

A dig at Vardy that is completely irrelevant to what was the discussion and has lead us down this rather tedious path.

No it's not first hand evidence of you saying he isn't good enough, but I'll go back to the point I made in the Preston thread which is that Beckford hadn't even done as well as Vardy has in his first half of the season and you wouldn't have made either of the above posts with regards to him. You certainly weren't saying it was fair to judge him on half a season otherwise you like many others (not myself) would have wanted Beckford out the door in January.

Not really, just that he hasn't proved himself in this league yet. Do you think he's proved himself in this league so far?

If we're going on last season lets see if Vardy can better Beckford's 9 league goals. I'll even leave cup out just for you :thumbup:

Not really, just that he hasn't proved himself in this league yet. Do you think he's proved himself in this league so far?

If we're going on last season lets see if Vardy can better Beckford's 9 league goals. I'll even leave cup out just for you :thumbup:

Beckford started week in week out. Vardy will not be doing that so it doesn't exactly seem fair.

However Vardy has done better up to this point than Beckford did last year, yet as I say you're making digs about Vardy that you simply wouldn't have made about Beckford at this stage last year, and you seem to be unwilling to just explain why that is.

Think a loan move would be good for him, he needs more experience of league football. Whenever ive seen him he looks like someone who's won a competition to play for city, loads of effort just not enough quality. he will improve, but i don't think its with us this season.

Who knows???

Beckford started week in week out. Vardy will not be doing that so it doesn't exactly seem fair.

However Vardy has done better up to this point than Beckford did last year, yet as I say you're making digs about Vardy that you simply wouldn't have made about Beckford at this stage last year, and you seem to be unwilling to just explain why that is.

I've not made any digs, stated a fact and asked questions, you've got your knickers In a twist about it.

Beckford didn't start for us until September last year but Vardy started in August. How's that "fair"?

Talk about one rule for one.

Archived