Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Vardy to Preston?

What are you on about?

Vardy already has four league goals. Beckford didn't get four until March. I can keep up the 'this time last year' argument for at least two months if I want to, and that's assuming Vardy doesn't score any more goals in that time.

I really want to point out March is less than two months away but this it's crossing a pedantic line even jokingly doing so.

Right we're getting somewhere.

Did you think the same about Beckford this time last year?

But Beckford had already proved himself in other leagues, scoring the goal of the season in the prem and ending as their top (if not, second) scorer.

Thought he'd come good, ended up with 15 goals. More than Vardy will this season.

Also, this woeful side he scored a hat trick against were championship so it's the same standard as a league game.

But Beckford had already proved himself in other leagues.

Vardy has already proved himself in other leagues.

I still think you're being hypocritical. Vardy gets a few months to prove himself in the Championship but Beckford gets as long as he wants because he scored a few goals in the Premier League?

Doesn't seem fair to me, maybe if Vardy had three years in League One or was part of a very good Everton side he'd have a record similar to Beckford's, but in the Championship at Leicester City they have very similar records, surely the only fair way to judge them is looking at what they have done in the same divisions?

I don't know, maybe you're right, maybe it's fair to judge a player on half a season of football unless you've got a hunch that they'll improve after the stink up the place for 6 months. :dry:

Writing FT Bollox takes up about 80% of my week.

More like 100.

What leagues has Vardy proved himself in then?

And about this unfair thing you keep trying to fall back. Life's unfair. Deal with it.

Granted but that's not what I'm saying is it, and if you look at what you've written your actually agreeing with my point by saying that, he should, and indeed, could of, but didn't.

He was pretty below average for us, however there is more reason to have more hope that he would come good if you get my meaning, so therefore you can see why there is a better arguement to perserver with Beckford for longer.

Again you are right but I think in Beckfords case, He scored against a Hat Trick against a Championship side (our biggest rivals as well) a very decent Swindon team that had knocked out Prem opponents the previous round, and the team that won the Champions League and the FA cup after beating us, again evidence that he can do it. Not something Vardy has done, ableit, he's not had a a huge amount of opportunties and now is not likely to get them here.

The are reasons to say Beckford "could" have done it here, he hasn't and wont and Championship form isn't one of them granted, and there is absloutley nothing to suggest Vardy can at this moment in time. Can't really be argued with. A long move could certainly change that, I'd would geniunly be interested to see how he'd get on in League One, think he'd struggle for Peteborough though.

Again I have to disagree, if beckford and vardy were both here now, i would weigh it up like this.

They both have(almost) identical league records for us so far with regards to the first six months.

However, would you rather pay a player £40,000 a week or £10,000 a week to achieve the same record?

Would you rather persevere with the 29 year old who is on the £40,000 a week, or the 26 years old who is on £10,000 a week?

I do not understand why you would rather persevere with a older more expensive player, when a younger and cheaper player will give you the same.

You cut me deep Bert, you cut me real deep.

Doesn't mean you're not a hypocrite.

Doesn't mean I'm bothered what you think either. What you gonna do? Get me sent to prison?

You've got some serious growing up to do. Tedious, pedantic and petty.

You're not a 15 year old girl are you?

Oh yeah, what other leagues has Vardy proved himself in?

HAS/IS VARDY BEING SENT OUT ON LOAN OR NOT???????? :@

I'm afraid we are unable to deal with your request at the present time. Please post back later.

Doesn't mean I'm bothered what you think either. What you gonna do? Get me sent to prison?

Oh and you don't?

Please just leave it alone you 2. Its funny for about 3 posts but its just boring now and people actually want some news on Vardy. I know every thread goes off-topic at some point but you having this ridiculous slagging match is so sad. I weep for you both and hope that life get better soon :wub:

Again I have to disagree, if beckford and vardy were both here now, i would weigh it up like this.

They both have(almost) identical league records for us so far with regards to the first six months.

However, would you rather pay a player £40,000 a week or £10,000 a week to achieve the same record?

Would you rather persevere with the 29 year old who is on the £40,000 a week, or the 26 years old who is on £10,000 a week?

I do not understand why you would rather persevere with a older more expensive player, when a younger and cheaper player will give you the same.

Because they're are more likely to improve and give you more in the second six months.

As he did.(Not that we had as many options as we do now either)

And Vardy wont. (Because we have more options now)

The end.

EDIT: For those complaning about not knowing if Vardy is going on loan. When it's offical it'll be moved from here to the LCFC forum, 90% of this forum is bollocks, in fact they should rename it transfer bollocks.

Oh and you don't?

Please just leave it alone you 2. Its funny for about 3 posts but its just boring now and people actually want some news on Vardy. I know every thread goes off-topic at some point but you having this ridiculous slagging match is so sad. I weep for you both and hope that life get better soon :wub:

:cry:

Where did I say I didn't?

The Blue Square Premier League, doesn't matter though because it's yet another league that isn't the one we're trying to get out of, same as Beckford.

Oh Bert, you do come out with some funny posts. Now I'm not saying that any of those statements are wrong (although I am male), but it's yet more evidence of your hypocrisy. You like to accuse me of being obsessed with Foxes Talk, yet you have 25,000 posts on this very forum, a quick look at your profile will show that you make an average 7.93 posts per day, that's more than I do. I don't particularly mind that you're a hypocrite, I just think it needed to be pointed out. Think it's clear enough now, so let's leave it at that.

Because they're are more likely to improve and give you more in the second six months.

As he did.(Not that we had as many options as we do now either)

And Vardy wont. (Because we have more options now)

The end.

EDIT: For those complaning about not knowing if Vardy is going on loan. When it's offical it'll be moved from here to the LCFC forum, 90% of this forum is bollocks, in fact they should rename it transfer bollocks.

Let's just agree to disagree, I unlike others on here (not you) am willing to respect others views and opinions.

The Blue Square Premier League, doesn't matter though because it's yet another league that isn't the one we're trying to get out of, same as Beckford.

Oh Bert, you do come out with some funny posts. Now I'm not saying that any of those statements are wrong (although I am male), but it's yet more evidence of your hypocrisy. You like to accuse me of being obsessed with Foxes Talk, yet you have 25,000 posts on this very forum, a quick look at your profile will show that you make an average 7.93 posts per day, that's more than I do. I don't particularly mind that you're a hypocrite, I just think it needed to be pointed out. Think it's clear enough now, so let's leave it at that.

The difference being that's an average over Eight and a half years. Not a year and a half like yours. Shall we compare our first 18 months at Foxestalk level to see who posted more times? Be highly surprised if it was me.

Why are you trying to point something out to me that I couldn't really care about? Just seems pointless.

Archived