Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Vardy to Preston?

All that Gelson Fernandes was the nuts business.

He had one outstanding game, Coventry Away, after that he flattered to deceive then spat his dummy out when Sven was sacked.

He was good in that televised game against the sheep shaggers

You know that already from his 15 or so games?

So how long should we give someone? Half a season is more than enough. We can't afford to give players more time to prove themselves when we're fighting to go up.

nuge

wood

waggy

futacs

who else???

To say schlupp would just be insulting, and despite Futacs lack of game time, he has done nothing of note when he has came on in games, no assists or goals.

Insulting?! Schlupp has performed in league one when on loan at Brentford where as Vardy is only proven in non league!

Now I'm not claiming one is better than the other but if Schlupp was given a run in the side similar to what Vardy has had then he may have a better scoring record.

I think sending Vardy out on loan would be good for him, if he does well then that is good for both parties.

Personally though, I don't think we need him at all with the number of strikers we have.

So how long should we give someone? Half a season is more than enough. We can't afford to give players more time to prove themselves when we're fighting to go up.

Half a season is more than enough....really??

Imagine if Drogba had only been given half a season at Chelsea, same with Ronaldo at Man United. In fact, same with Muzzy here.

So many players have made their careers on a good 6 months, but then are awful the rest of the time, for example Francis Jeffers.

Whilst others may not appear to be amazing the first 6 months, such as Drogba or Ronaldo, but then become club and world legends.

Vardy needs time to settle, to adapt from the level he was used to, to the level we are at is not easy, and in some respects is equivalent to that of a player moving abroad who was playing at a similar level.

I'm not saying I have been impressed, but neither have i been impressed by schlupp in a forward position or futacs, but i dont see everyone calling for their heads.

Imagine if Drogba had only been given half a season at Chelsea, same with Ronaldo at Man United. In fact, same with Muzzy here.

So many players have made their careers on a good 6 months, but then are awful the rest of the time, for example Francis Jeffers.

Whilst others may not appear to be amazing the first 6 months, such as Drogba or Ronaldo, but then become club and world legends.

Vardy needs time to settle, to adapt from the level he was used to, to the level we are at is not easy, and in some respects is equivalent to that of a player moving abroad who was playing at a similar level.

I'm not saying I have been impressed, but neither have i been impressed by schlupp in a forward position or futacs, but i dont see everyone calling for their heads.

Just to put it into perspective, Ronaldo only scored 4 goals at Man United in his first season after playing 30+ games, Vardy has already scored that many.

lol

I assume you were saying the same about Beckford this time last year right?

He was also woeful against Burton. If anybody is going to say Vardy isn't good enough then Futacs definitely isn't

That wasn't my point. In fact there wasn't a point - just a piece of factual inaccuracy being corrected. But I do have a point now, which is we have all seen quite a bit of Vardy and different opinions have been formed. We have seen virtually nothing of Futacs, meaning we are reliant on NPs opinion. Which is probably right, but it's far more engaging to have your own opinion ... and we haven't had the chance to form that based on two starts in six months which were four months apart.

Well said, we have too many immediate success morons on this site.

I think that Vardy will score plenty for us once he recovers his confidence and touch - he has shown in patches what he is capable of it is ridiculous to write him off

He's not been fully fit now for some time, either. But Bert is right - we can't carry any passengers if we hope to go on the run which will get us into the automatics. Vardy will have to work his way back into the team. Loaning out is one solution, too, but I think that leaves us a little short of options/cover up front.

I think some people are just hard to please. love players that try hard and cant score and hate players like yakubu who can bang goals in but is lazy as f***

I can get fit and run my bollocks off for 90 minutes.

Will the club pay me big wages please :celebrate:

Insulting?! Schlupp has performed in league one when on loan at Brentford where as Vardy is only proven in non league!

Now I'm not claiming one is better than the other but if Schlupp was given a run in the side similar to what Vardy has had then he may have a better scoring record.

I think sending Vardy out on loan would be good for him, if he does well then that is good for both parties.

Personally though, I don't think we need him at all with the number of strikers we have.

Spot On :thumbup:

nuge

wood

waggy

futacs

who else???

To say schlupp would just be insulting, and despite Futacs lack of game time, he has done nothing of note when he has came on in games, no assists or goals.

How would it be insulting? Vardy has been given a much bigger chance than Jeff. Even Jeff's run in the first team came at a time when the club was going through a sticky period and had just changed managers. Vardy has been given the opportunity in a team that is settled and going in the right direction. He hasn't shown any sign of improvement either, in fact he has probably worsened if anything.

Schlupp is quicker, stronger, better on the ball, better at running at players, has a better touch, a better finisher, better in the air, better at passing and better defensively. He probably works just as hard as Vardy as well, so based on those attributes he should be ahead of Vards.

I am certainly not writing off Vardy as I'm sure he could be a very decent player but as people have pointed out, how long can you expect to give him in a team that is challenging for promotion? I certainly don't think he should be getting picked ahead of Waghorn or Schlupp, both who have more potential than Vardy.

I'll stick by him whilst he's in the team and hope that he can consistenly package together some of the stuff he has shown so far but I will continue to be disappointed to see him ahead of others who haven't been given his run in the team.

pleasr dont tell me your trying to compare vardy to ronaldo

How on earth did you work that out?? I was simply referring to the fact that players do not always make an immediate impact, and was using some of the worlds best players as an example.

Okay, I'll bite. How long would you give him while he is missing golden chances and looking fragile? Especially as we have three better options.

I think we need a decent squad. I'd personally have him on the bench to sub on for Nuge when he's fit again. Those idiots saying he's crap and wanting rid are simply fools. He's a good player.

Archived