Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Vardy to Preston?

I've not made any digs, stated a fact and asked questions, you've got your knickers In a twist about it.

Beckford didn't start for us until September last year but Vardy started in August. How's that "fair"?

Talk about one rule for one.

Because Vardy has been injured and has started around the same number of games as Beckford had up to this point. Sounds fair to me.

To be clear, Vardy has 4 in 20, Beckford had 2 in 18 up until this point. So since Beckford was scoring at a rate of 1 in 9 up until that point we'll say that Beckford had 2.2 goals in 20 at this stage of the season. So now, do you want to explain why you made those comments about Vardy but wouldn't have dreamed about saying the same about Beckford at this point last season?

One rule for one eh.

I think you've misunderstood, I was justifying judging both based on their performances prior to January 12th in their first season for Leicester. Read the rest of my post.

Haha, don't take the forum too seriously (like some people do) mate, more important things going on.

Indeed, as long as the current players are giving it their all and making progress I'm happy whoever's playing for us.

Who knows???

Correct answer. Quite a few players have been written off as clearly not Premier League quality by pundits and the like (and people on here, too) yet gone on to perform well in the top league. DJ and Grant Holt are two obvious strikers who spring to mind. Not saying Vardy will score 10+ in the Prem, I presume he wouldn't do but you never know.

I think you've misunderstood, I was justifying judging both based on their performances prior to January 12th in their first season for Leicester. Read the rest of my post.

But if you're doing that you have to disregard Vardy's August, as Beckford wasn't here in August during his first season.

But if you're doing that you have to disregard Vardy's August, as Beckford wasn't here in August during his first season.

If you want me to do that,

Beckford 2 in 18

Vardy 3 in 17

Want to explain yet?

Indeed, as long as the current players are giving it their all and making progress I'm happy whoever's playing for us.

Amen.

I support every player that pulls on the blue shirt for us.

:doh:lol

Apologies on that one.

Anyway let's see what the records are at the end of the season.

Why would you want to do that? You've already stated that you think that half a season is plenty of time to judge a player.

Errrr to compare records?

Mark's done that above.

For the period of time that you consider sufficient to allow a player to settle, Vardy's record is superior, despite him coming from the BSP.

They're both awful records to be fair.

They're both awful records to be fair.

And this surely is the point. Neither player is good enough. One player scoring one more goal in one more appearance makes naff all difference. Christ they may as well be arguing over whether Benjamin was better than Akinbiyi!!!

And this surely is the point. Neither player is good enough. One player scoring one more goal in one more appearance makes naff all difference. Christ they may as well be arguing over whether Benjamin was better than Akinbiyi!!!

Agreed, but that wasn't really the point. Bert was saying half a season is plenty of time to judge Vardy, but, as Mark pointed out, he wasn't saying the same about Beckford.

Fvck here as well lol??? Your Beckford bashing is getting boring Mark, he's not even here anymore.

On topic, a loan to League One, with a recall option in case of injury here, would probably do him good.

Archived