Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Vardy to Preston?

Not seen it posted anywhere else, plus this is now transfer talk, so I will put it in here.

Fourth Official â€@FourthOfficial_

Leicester are hoping to send Jamie Vardy out on a 6 month loan to a League 1 side #LCFC

Toffee Fox â€@FoxToffee

Can't remember my username on FT, but Jamie Vardy looks set for a 6 month loan, Preston are favourites to sign him #lcfc #pne

It'll Be good for him, although he has scored a couple of goals it looks like he hasnt been able to adapt to the championship well enough and a move down to league one where he can score a few goals, and get more confident would be good for him and the club.

I like Vardy, really want him to do well. But a loan move, especially if it's to a club like Preston, might be ok for us all. Vardy can get his confidence back, Preston get his goals and we will have to see where we are at after that.

Looks like one of the few signings that Steve Walsh has got wrong. Hopefully we can get a decentish fee for him at some point. Always a risk getting a lower league player like that, shame he is so lightweight unlike Holt and Morison.

Don't get why everyone's being so negative about Vardy. He's done everything Waghorn has done this season, if not more.

He's hard working, a good team player and contributes to good build up play with energetic runs and thoughtful movement off the ball.

He has a better first touch than DJ and Beckford, our other non league converts, and has never been particularly awful.

He isn't a clinical finisher and he clearly wouldn't rip the Prem apart if we went up but he's a good part of the squad now, really, for a million.

Don't get why everyone's being so negative about Vardy. He's done everything Waghorn has done this season, if not more.

He's hard working, a good team player and contributes to good build up play with energetic runs and thoughtful movement off the ball.

He has a better first touch than DJ and Beckford, our other non league converts, and has never been particularly awful.

He isn't a clinical finisher and he clearly wouldn't rip the Prem apart if we went up but he's a good part of the squad now, really, for a million.

I'd go with everything you say there. I always felt he needed to be playing with a striker who could do the physical work that would make space for him. Well, now we've got one perhaps a loan to increase his confidence will see him come back the better player.

:xmasblink: Sorry but that's ridiculous. For the record I have nothing against Vardy, think he offers a lot to the team, never giving the opposition a moments rest and creating space for others, but this season Waghorn has been twice the player. Back to his old self of our 2009/10 season, improved first touch, much more composed, stronger on the ball, more confidence and most importantly scores more goals.

Having said that I think Vardy makes an adequate impact sub for us, just what the defenders don't want after 60/70 minutes.

totally agree with this, I dont feel he's that far away from being a good player, coming off the bench as we rotate our strike force keeping players fresher could work for the lad.

Waghorn has hardly been at his best all season, he's had a couple of good games. His shot conversion rate, even since getting back to form, has been Sunday league.

I like him, equally as much as I like Vardy - maybe more - but he's not had a sensational season so far.

Vardy may well be out his depth at the min but he will come good ... Can't understand what everyone sees in waghorn .. Built for rugby league can't score turns like an oil tanker and a touch like a baby elephant .

Best set piece taker in the squad, holds the ball up well, always pressures defenders and scored a great volley on Saturday...

Archived