Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iamafox

Out of contract players

Just looked at the first team list and we have 10 players out of contract next year. Looks like some need to be tied up soon.

Unsure about that, no point in renewing players before we know what division we'll be in. Except maybe Kasper, Wes and Nuge.

Just renew them 3? That will make for a nice stable club next year then

That's not what I said. I said wait until May, if we're going up then there's no point in renewing the likes of Dyer and St Ledger (however much I love them both). Probably better to cash in.

Just renew them 3? That will make for a nice stable club next year then

If we were a stable Prem club, Nige would be making preparations around about now but as we are, we're in no position to offer them contracts. It's the same for all Championship clubs.

But if come May we are still unsure if its championship or premiership surely the squad we have is pretty close to being good enough that we wouldn't need to change our whole squad if we didn't go up. And if we did go up then it wouldn't be wise to change 10-15 players

I think it's better to leave it for the moment, otherwise we'll end up giving players wage rises who come the end of the season we may not even want or may just want as a squad player. That was my only point. Plus it isn't 10-15 players, if we renewed the 3 I said there would be 7 more to choose on in May. If we were going up we may decide to renew two of them and may have to replace the other 5, that's quite a standard number for a promoted club!

Another thing about these players out of contract next year is that when it comes to giving them new deals, they're going to have to take pay cuts and significant ones. If we don't get promoted this season, I have doubts whether players like Kasper or Nuge will re-sign.

Or if we wait until we go up and we do want to keep some, a hefty pay rise??

Another thing about these players out of contract next year is that when it comes to giving them new deals, they're going to have to take pay cuts and significant ones. If we don't get promoted this season, I have doubts whether players like Kasper or Nuge will re-sign.

Clubs in the PL or abroad would need to sign them, would they? They're not going to get many better offers to play in the Championship than they get with us..

Archived