Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SmithyFox12

Craig Davies

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2013/01/03/bolton-set-for-talks-with-barnsley-striker.html

The Wales international is also courting interest from Leicester City and Leeds United, but Bolton appear to have stolen a march on their Championship rivals. The forward has scored nine goals in 22 appearances for Barnsley this season, including four in a 5-0 demolition of Birmingham City in September.

Sounds as if we won't get him, but the interest was there.

Davies will be completing a £300,000 move to Bolton in the next few days.

For the fee, which we would probably recoup in wages and fees from danns, i would like to see us match the bid.

Nuge

Wood

Waggy

Davies

Would be good IMO , davies would certainly add some further physical strength to the side.

Looks a good all round forward, admittedly this is against lower teams but he looks to have good tekkers for finishing

No improvement to what we have on the bench in an area we've got more than enough cover in now. I'd sooner we didn't.

But he clearly is......

Scored 1 in 3 last season, and is improving that this year with 9 in 22.

Whether you like it or not, he will score more than vardy and futacs this season, and is more proven at this level.

Having a third choice striker who will score 1 in 3 at this level would be great.

Would even take less pressure off of woods and nugent.

But he clearly is......

Scored 1 in 3 last season, and is improving that this year with 9 in 22.

Whether you like it or not, he will score more than vardy and futacs this season, and is more proven at this level.

Having a third choice striker who will score 1 in 3 at this level would be great.

Would even take less pressure off of woods and nugent.

How many has he bagged since he got four against a Brum side who forgot the definition of 'defend'? We don't need to add players to the squad for the sake of it.

You can't question whether or not he'd score more than Futacs when he's been restricted to minuscule cameos off the bench - it's not really a comparison to make because the amount of game time each has had is nowhere near relative. The Vardy one is more valid - even then, they're completely different strikers. The likes of Futacs and Waghorn won't improve if they never see minutes on the field, I appreciate where you're coming from - however I just can't understand how this signing would benefit us considering the wonga Barnsley would want and the fact we've already got capable back-up.

*Oh, and 11 goals in 40 odd games last season doesn't equate to a '1 in 3' record.

How many has he bagged since he got four against a Brum side who forgot the definition of 'defend'? We don't need to add players to the squad for the sake of it.

You can't question whether or not he'd score more than Futacs when he's been restricted to minuscule cameos off the bench - it's not really a comparison to make because the amount of game time each has had is nowhere near relative. The Vardy one is more valid - even then, they're completely different strikers. The likes of Futacs and Waghorn won't improve if they never see minutes on the field, I appreciate where you're coming from - however I just can't understand how this signing would benefit us considering the wonga Barnsley would want and the fact we've already got capable back-up.

*Oh, and 11 goals in 40 odd games last season doesn't equate to a '1 in 3' record.

You are aware that barnsley have accepted 3 bids of 300k right??

He is an improvement of vardy and futacs and therefore isnt just being brought for the sake of it, he would improve the squad.

Futacs got 5 in 30 last year, so is clearly an improvement.

Loan vardy and futacs out.

He is an improvement of vardy and futacs and therefore isnt just being brought for the sake of it, he would improve the squad.

lol.

He really isn't.

But you're comparing strikers who play the game in two completely separate ways - Davies has four years on Futacs too. Why bring in someone for the sake of it when we can nurture what young, capable talent we have?

300k is still steep considering Davies isn't nesscesity and would just be a luxury. I'm not gonna nip into Dunelmn when there's a sale on and buy a shitload of duvets just because I deem them cheap when I've got a perfectly good, working duvet serving me well at home, am I?

Archived