Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Burton Match Thread (H)

Professional if a bit boring display especially the 2nd half, summed up for me when we had a corner and passed it all the way back to the half way line. I'm struggling to remember a single tackle, it seems we were content to contain them and not get booked or injured.

Non of the fringe players really pressed their claim for a starting place.

Did what was needed, not our best performance but we're in the hat for the 4th which is all that matters.

Cardiff hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hilarious.

Also means we can't draw Cardiff away in the next round like we seem to every other year. Would love Villa in the next round.

Cardiff did the right thing for me, stuck out the stiffs and ok got beaten but what would you rather? A top two finish or a few rounds in the fa cup?

Love this attitude that progress in the FA cup automatically = the leagues going to go to pot, amazingly, it is possible to do well in both, especially when you've not had a game for a week and indeed, don't have another one for week after. I'd say avoiding a replay would be top priority, and keeping certain members of the first team ticking over instead of leaving them wihtout a game for 2 weeks. Think Pearson got it right, plus, living in Ashby, I don't particularly want to lose to Burton Albion, at home, twice in a season.

As for today, first half, decentish display, second half, could of nodded off, but wins a win job done.

Love this attitude that progress in the FA cup automatically = the leagues going to go to pot, amazingly, it is possible to do well in both, especially when you've not had a game for a week and indeed, don't have another one for week after. I'd say avoiding a replay would be top priority, and keeping certain members of the first team ticking over instead of leaving them wihtout a game for 2 weeks. Think Pearson got it right, plus, living in Ashby, I don't particularly want to lose to Burton Albion, at home, twice in a season.

As for today, first half, decentish display, second half, could of nodded off, but wins a win job done.

I'll agree if we dont risk so many important players to us.

Just imagine replays, long away trips then important league games three days later.

I'll take concentrating on the league this season over that all day long.

Cardiff did the right thing for me, stuck out the stiffs and ok got beaten but what would you rather? A top two finish or a few rounds in the fa cup?

Can't agree with this at all.

Why does having a decent cup run automatically equate to fookin up in the league.

Don't be such a boring bar steward. If we get drawn against a biggy away in the next round... Magic!!

If I can get, I'm going!

Felt weird today sitting in the west stand and seeing both the kop and east stand empty. Watching the game from a different position, didn't feel like the same ground!

This, it did feel very strange. Loved the confetti :P, though I had a bloody annoying running commentary from a girl next to me! I thought the team gave a good professional performance and I was surprised to see a routine game :P

Archived