Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Burton Match Thread (H)

Both count, neither are important when discussing who is a better striker at this level.

Thank Christ you get it. I wonder if the sarcastic "cup goals don't count" are on the wind-up or just plain thick.

I suspect both.

Won't live long in the memory, but we avoided another embarrassment and have a third win in a week.

Good to see Wood notch another, De Laet with a calm finish, unlucky for Futacs and King to both hit the woodwork and Schmeichel was hardly tested.

More goals would've been nice but I'd rather thump teams in the league where it really counts and could make a difference.

Hope we can go a long way.

Terrific bustling from Wood for both goals, great to see fight and determination like that.

Thought the same thing, 3 goal in 2, couple of assists (even if he isn't credited RDL's goal as an assist he clearly made it with his effort) seems to have formed an instant understanding with whoever he is partnered with, Nuge, Waggy, Futacs, if he keeps this up he could be the missing piece of the jigsaw to fire us into the prem, no pressure like lol lol

Cheers for the links to the goals too.

Itv have said that was Wood's 3rd goal for us. Cup goals must count for him then.

You should have a word with bbv, itv, sky, eurosport etc... as none of them seem to have recorded it on the Championship top scorer goal charts.

Wasn't really that impressed with the build up to thecfirst goal, hoof from Konch and basically it was all down to Wood's strength and their poor level of defending. Still it was a good finish which we have been begging for. Thought De Laet's finish was pretty clinical too.

All in all, I'm very happy we progresses with a nice professional effort and no real injuries or troubles.

On to the Terriers...

D'Urso isn't a premier ref. He was kicked out the Prem years ago, can't remember why but he is a shocking ref. Consistently the worst for us anyway.

He was there for years, and he's not some up-and-coming young ref. Would expect him to let the game flow more.

Archived