Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Steve Howard

huddersfield away

Yes. How dare people who don't feel the need to stand in a seating area support their club.

No. They can go to the library of course!

I always see half the crowd at a Man United away end sitting cos the naughty men are stood at the front trying to get behind the team.

Yeah. Booooo to people sitting down. Especially the elderly, they really annoy me with their sitting and being reasonable.

I think everything should be standing, the cinema, restaurants, driving then live would be really exciting.

They'd be no problem if people just had the choice, both preferences could be fulfilled and everyone can enjoy the game, there won't be any problems at Peterborough and that's the way it should be

They'd be no problem if people just had the choice, both preferences could be fulfilled and everyone can enjoy the game, there won't be any problems at Peterborough and that's the way it should be

You don't often get the folks who sit starting threads in how they're going to 'sit'. Seems to be the preserve of the "passion"ate stander.

Yeah. Booooo to people sitting down. Especially the elderly, they really annoy me with their sitting and being reasonable.

I think everything should be standing, the cinema, restaurants, driving then live would be really exciting.

They should buy tickets nearer the front - that way there would be no conflict at all and everyone could sit/stand as they please. The club should make people aware that buying tickets near the back at an away will almost certainly lead to them having to stand whether they like it or not.

I don't want the 'sitters' to have these problems but unfortunately they do because they buy tickets in the wrong place. I don't want to blame them too much but it would improve everyone's experience at away games if the sitters were more aware of the consequences of their actions. By the same token, standers should also look to buy tickets near the top rather than at the front.

They should buy tickets nearer the front - that way there would be no conflict at all and everyone could sit/stand as they please. The club should make people aware that buying tickets near the back at an away will almost certainly lead to them having to stand whether they like it or not.

I don't want the 'sitters' to have these problems but unfortunately they do because they buy tickets in the wrong place. I'm not blaming them but it would improve everyone's experience at away games if the sitters were more aware of the consequences of their actions.

That's a fair point but then clubs would consequently be (to an extent) encouraged standing at football rather than condoning it through the admission that there is a high chance that buying a ticket towards the back of an away end would result in it being highly likely that the person would have to stand.

That's a fair point but then clubs would consequently be (to an extent) encouraged standing at football rather than condoning it through the admission that there is a high chance that buying a ticket towards the back of an away end would result in it being highly likely that the person would have to stand.

Yes and that's why the club won't do it. Standing is banned officially so they can't really give that sort of advice or they are, as you say, effectively saying it's okay to stand.

It's a little ridiculous really because standing isn't going to go away so some measures should be taken to accommodate the people who want to sit - I feel it's a bit of a childish attitude really, there's obviously a problem but it's being ignored because the people who make these rules don't like it.

Seriously wasn't going to this as I wasn't prepared to pay over a £100 for a train ticket. However by splitting my journey I can now get a ticket for around £50 hotel £40 and £10 ticket. £100 in total.

It would mean leaving Newport at 4am sat and getting back at 11pm sun but what the hell...........oh and being in with the home fans!

Just need to tell the wife I won't be around at the weekend :sweating:

Seriously wasn't going to this as I wasn't prepared to pay over a £100 for a train ticket. However by splitting my journey I can now get a ticket for around £50 hotel £40 and £10 ticket. £100 in total.

It would mean leaving Newport at 4am sat and getting back at 11pm sun but what the hell...........oh and being in with the home fans!

Just need to tell the wife I won't be around at the weekend :sweating:

Think my mates got me a ticket,will bell you if i'm there

OK Rick. You thinking of staying the night?

Will message you when I have had the courage to tell the missus :ph34r:

Won't be staying the night mate,but will try and still meet up

What's the chances of this being called off? Never been to Huddersfield and dad is worrying its gonna be called off or trains won't run (iv said they will be running) so wont get train tickets until Saturday morning.

Why would it be cancelled ?

Didn't know cause of how much snow had fallen or predicted? As had fair bit our way but know the pitch will be fine but the surrounding area.

Can't see how it would be off but my dad is worried (despite my assurance that it will be on regarding weather)

I think it's his age :)

I asked about the weather a few pages ago.

According to Met it's Snow on Friday. Given this countries pisspoor ability to cope with a small amount of dandruff it's not to difficult to foresee train issues.

Huddersfield do have undersoil heating though...

Edit: It will be icy. Snow followed by sleet means slush. Minus temperatures over night. I think the trains will cope. It just depends on West Yorkshire Police.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/huddersfield#?tab=fiveDay

Archived