Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blueblood88

Bristol City (A) Pre Match Jibber Jabber

Because a polished turd looks look when surrounded by shit?

Not me, I thought he was shit long before that.

He didn't become awful, he became surplus to requirements as we brought in better, younger midfielders whose style of play fitted in with NP's philosophy of possession and passing.

Nigel didn't fall out with him, he just replaced him, why does everyone Nige gets rid off have to have fallen out with him?

Incidentally Gallagher looked good for Sheffield United, Wellens looked good for Ipswich and Beckford is looking good for Huddersfield, do you want all of them back in the team?

If he was replaced by better players and that's all there is to it then he would have gradually lost his starting place (he started the season with the number 8 shirt so was a first choice at the start of the season) ..... He'd have dropped onto the bench and been used as back up.

I personally thought he was OK, nothing special but OK - he'd have started some games and would have definitely been tried when we had a spell of midfield weakness, and he'd have been consistently on my bench ay least.

He wasn't. He disappeared.

I don't care if he fell out with NP or the other way round - i just don't see it as a gradually replaced with better players and fell out of favour situation. Mute point - he's gone. But let's at least acknowledge the facts of his leaving - he was a first choice and suddenly wasn't.

Not for the first time...

Pearson out! Marbella in!

:whistle:

We might play attractive football but lose 4-2 every away game.....

Strangely I am not an advocate of all out attacking football, in fact I consider myself something of a pragmatist........ :thumbup:

For example, it is well known that I do not like to see us playing 4-4-fooking-2, going to some lengths earlier in the season to suggest alternatives, but It has become clear to me that we really have absolutely no idea of how to play any other formation so, by and large, 4-4-2 it is.

Similarly the suggestion that we set up a bit more defensively away from home or against strong sides sounds perfectly sensible but simply does not work. It might possibly have gained us a point against Hull but that is nothing compared to the points lost by timid, over cautious performances against Millwall, Watford, Leeds, Palace and Cardiff.

In short, I advocate playing our 'normal' attacking, passing game at all times, not because I want to be 'entertained' as has been suggested, but simply because, with our team at the present time, it offers the best chance of collecting points....... :thumbup:

Corky...... loves the 4-4-2, you can not be serious........ :o

If he was replaced by better players and that's all there is to it then he would have gradually lost his starting place (he started the season with the number 8 shirt so was a first choice at the start of the season) ..... He'd have dropped onto the bench and been used as back up.

I personally thought he was OK, nothing special but OK - he'd have started some games and would have definitely been tried when we had a spell of midfield weakness, and he'd have been consistently on my bench ay least.

He wasn't. He disappeared.

I don't care if he fell out with NP or the other way round - i just don't see it as a gradually replaced with better players and fell out of favour situation. Mute point - he's gone. But let's at least acknowledge the facts of his leaving - he was a first choice and suddenly wasn't.

He didn't start any games at the start of the season, so I don't know how you can say he was first choice. Shirt number is a bizarre thing to base it on - they mean sod all these days. Players can have whatever number they like. For all we know, he asked for it.

Danns was in contention last season, but after King got fit and James was signed, he dropped well down the pecking order. He's obviously asked to go on loan rather than stay and fight for his place, much like Beckford, so Pearson's let him go out. Where's the big bust up there?

He didn't start any games at the start of the season, so I don't know how you can say he was first choice. Shirt number is a bizarre thing to base it on - they mean sod all these days. Players can have whatever number they like. For all we know, he asked for it.

Danns was in contention last season, but after King got fit and James was signed, he dropped well down the pecking order. He's obviously asked to go on loan rather than stay and fight for his place, much like Beckford, so Pearson's let him go out. Where's the big bust up there?

When he was fit and available he was first choice last season. I would suggest that shirt number is not a bizarre thing to base it on at all - NP usually tells alot about his first 11 in the numbering of his squad. So he fell down the pecking order by one place - James. that would suggest he moved to the bench and be around the squad, not disappear. I can't be arsed to argue the point - if you can't see that it seems to be more than just moving down the pecking order then that's your prerogative .... maybe in a book sometime soon we'll read the real reason.

I was actually quite excited when we signed Danns...... :blush:

I was expecting a sort of low rent Mark Davis but what we got was the bastard offspring of Paul Ince and Junior Lewis.

With all the aggression of the former and ball playing skills of the latter........ :whistle:

Just to warn you guys I am an actual Leicester City jinx every league match I've attended since 2000 we have either drawn or lost never won and I'm going Saturday. Sorry.

I'm the same, only with away games though.

Not going on Saturday so maybe that will counteract your bad luck lol

I was actually quite excited when we signed Danns...... :blush:

I was expecting a sort of low rent Mark Davis but what we got was the bastard offspring of Paul Ince and Junior Lewis.

With all the aggression of the former and ball playing skills of the latter........ :whistle:

To be fair to junior Lewis he rarely lost the ball just played it backwards or sideways about a yard.

Just to warn you guys I am an actual Leicester City jinx every league match I've attended since 2000 we have either drawn or lost never won and I'm going Saturday. Sorry.

You havent seen us win since 2000 lol Woah!

I'm the same, only with away games though.

Not going on Saturday so maybe that will counteract your bad luck lol

You havent seen us win since 2000 lol Woah!

Well I saw us smash Torquay in August, but like Beckfords goals cup games don't count lol

When he was fit and available he was first choice last season. I would suggest that shirt number is not a bizarre thing to base it on at all - NP usually tells alot about his first 11 in the numbering of his squad. So he fell down the pecking order by one place - James. that would suggest he moved to the bench and be around the squad, not disappear. I can't be arsed to argue the point - if you can't see that it seems to be more than just moving down the pecking order then that's your prerogative .... maybe in a book sometime soon we'll read the real reason.

Who needs a book? Just need to look at the BBC website today:

"There was a lot of speculation I'd had a fall-out with the manager but that's not true," he told BBC Radio Leeds.
The last game I started for them I was captain and everything was going well...

Yeah Neil, what happened? Everything was going so well?

Danns has not featured for the Foxes since their surprise 4-2 League Cup defeat by Burton on 28 August

Oh yeah, that happened... Actually that's wrong, the last time he played for Leicester, he came on against Blackburn away and gave away the ball for their second goal.

He was hardly automatic first choice when NP came back either, he only made 18 appearances in 30 games once Pearson came back. That's 60% of games - I'd hardly say that has him as a nailed on first team starter.

You can come up with conspiracy theories all you like, but the fact of the matter is that Pearson bought two players for that position and then once King was fit again, Danns couldn't get a look in. Then when he was presented with opportunities he made a complete hash of them.

Who needs a book? Just need to look at the BBC website today:

Yeah Neil, what happened? Everything was going so well?

Oh yeah, that happened... Actually that's wrong, the last time he played for Leicester, he came on against Blackburn away and gave away the ball for their second goal.

He was hardly automatic first choice when NP came back either, he only made 18 appearances in 30 games once Pearson came back. That's 60% of games - I'd hardly say that has him as a nailed on first team starter.

You can come up with conspiracy theories all you like, but the fact of the matter is that Pearson bought two players for that position and then once King was fit again, Danns couldn't get a look in. Then when he was presented with opportunities he made a complete hash of them.

One opportunity.... Burton. How many opportunities did waghorn & Gallagher get post Burton - they were worse and noone was good. He's not had the same chances that they had.

Archived