Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
featherman

Danns to Huddersfield - CONFIRMED LOAN

So the big question is with Danns' wages off the budget for the next 6 months, is NP planning another swoop?

Beckford loaned out for the rest of the season we bring in a new striker.

Danns loaned out for the rest of the season we bring in a new midfielder?

Exactly what I was thinking.

So the big question is with Danns' wages off the budget for the next 6 months, is NP planning another swoop?

:fc:

Trotter

Bit of a suprise, didn't realise Huddersfield were interested in him. Not bothered really, think we have better options now. I'm guessing Danns' wages are fairly high as well, so are Huddersfield paying all the 100%? They said previously they couldn't afford all of Beckford's didn't they?

Don't think Danns fits in with the Pearson type player, however, there are games this year we have lost where I think his energy and aggression may have got us at least a point (Millwall, Cardiff, Watford and Wolves to name a few)

Bit of a suprise, didn't realise Huddersfield were interested in him. Not bothered really, think we have better options now. I'm guessing Danns' wages are fairly high as well, so are Huddersfield paying all the 100%? They said previously they couldn't afford all of Beckford's didn't they?

Doubt Danns is on as much as JB, and Huddersfield should still have lots of money floating around from the Rhodes sale, can't imagine we wouldn't accept anything less than them paying his full wages, probably with an option to buy at a reduced rate in the summer.

Don't think Danns fits in with the Pearson type player, however, there are games this year we have lost where I think his energy and aggression may have got us at least a point (Millwall, Cardiff, Watford and Wolves to name a few)

Problem is he's as likely to get us a point as he is to get sent off. Don't need a player who will be unavailable through suspension half the season.

Problem is he's as likely to get us a point as he is to get sent off. Don't need a player who will be unavailable through suspension half the season.

But that could be said about any tough tackling midfielder that so many feel we need.

beyond me how a player still on our Books (Beckford) can play against us, if he does he will get a very frosty reception

No he won't, he has a job to do and if Huddersfield want him to play and he is allowed to then there's nothing he can do.

But that could be said about any tough tackling midfielder that so many feel we need.

Not really, no. There's a difference between tough tackling and reckless - unfortunately he turned out to be the latter for us. Chalk it up to over-eagerness if you like.

Not sure what to make of danns really. I feared the worst when we signed him due to him appearing to be some kind of gangster wannabe, but his attitude has always seemed to be pretty good and he comes across well in interviews. On the pitch he has been mostly competent and has played quite well at times. I don't think he is any worse than our current first choice midfielders, so I'm surprised he has been frozen out as I would have thought it would be better to have more competition for places.

But then again, he is 30, unlikely to get any better, and is probably on half decent money, so if he's not a guaranteed starter it's probably better to get someone younger with more potential in at half the cost. Just hope Pearson does so

Not sure what to make of danns really. I feared the worst when we signed him due to him appearing to be some kind of gangster wannabe, but his attitude has always seemed to be pretty good and he comes across well in interviews. On the pitch he has been mostly competent and has played quite well at times. I don't think he is any worse than our current first choice midfielders, so I'm surprised he has been frozen out as I would have thought it would be better to have more competition for places.

But then again, he is 30, unlikely to get any better, and is probably on half decent money, so if he's not a guaranteed starter it's probably better to get someone younger with more potential in at half the cost. Just hope Pearson does so

I'd use the phrase 'obscene' rather than 'half decent'. Mind you, I'd use that for most footballers.

I could be wrong but i thought playing for 3 clubs in official games in one season was against FIFA transfer rules? Danns has already played for us and Bristol City this season can he be eligable for udders as well?

Maybe it's 3 permanent clubs - Loans don't count??

We all thought Gallagher was surplus to requirements but he showed the right attitude, put the work in and fought his way back into contention after his loan spell. That tells you all you need to know about Gallagher & what Pearson wants from the players not currently in the matchday squad. Danns and even Beckford could have done exactly the same thing. Pearson had a meeting with Danns a few days ago, that was his chance to say "I want to stay and fight for my place". He prefered to jump ship to play with his mates at Udders. That tells you all you need to know about the attitudes of Danns & Beckford. I'll be glad when they're both gone permanently. We don't need players who don't want to be here

A really good tough tackling midfielder doesn't pick up suspensions, because of the fact they can actually tackle (Mascherano or Busquets, to use examples way above our level). Danns has never shown any inclination to be either a tough tackling midfielder or being able to tackle full-stop. Bet he's on 2-3 times what Trotter would get too.

A really good tough tackling midfielder doesn't pick up suspensions, because of the fact they can actually tackle (Mascherano or Busquets, to use examples way above our level). Danns has never shown any inclination to be either a tough tackling midfielder or being able to tackle full-stop. Bet he's on 2-3 times what Trotter would get too.

Not sure Roy Keane would agree with you there .... and In his prime he'd make any midfield.

Archived