Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
absolutelegend

Discipline

I'm not sure on the exact stats, but it feels like out disciplinary record so far this season is much better than last. This can only be a good thing, so credit due to NP if this is the case.

We've now gone three games without a single booking (since two yellows away at Burnley).

League-wise, Richie De Laet and Zak Whitbread have been our worst offenders so far, collecting 7 and 5 yellow cards respectively (with Whitbread being sent off for two bookable offences at Watford away).

David Nugent's got to watch out, though - he's on four yellow cards as of right now and is will miss a game once he should receive his fifth.

We've now gone three games without a single booking (since two yellows away at Burnley).

League-wise, Richie De Laet and Zak Whitbread have been our worst offenders so far, collecting 7 and 5 yellow cards respectively (with Whitbread being sent off for two bookable offences at Watford away).

David Nugent's got to watch out, though - he's on four yellow cards as of right now and is will miss a game once he should receive his fifth.

Perhaps the sooner he gets another yellow then the better? Get him on a clean slate ready for the run in

IMVHO,

Discipline is so important, the standard of reffing is poor and keeping them on your side is so crucial. It is the stupid bookings that are the killers to a team. I remember last season some fans trying to stick up for Howard when he got sent off at Palace last year. It wasn't passion, it was a lack of professionalism and on the wages players are on it is not good enough. Howard's sending off just before the plays off against Cardiff for me also had a big say in the outcome of the tie. He caused mayhem at their place and always seemed to play well against them but missed the first leg after getting sent off for some lunge at a player if memory serves.

Big help not giving away freekicks in dangerous areas whcih is what keane and morgan are doing well.Even knocky is getting a bit more disciplioned.Very hard to playt he game when you are sitiing on your backside.Whitbreads weakness unfortunately Must keep keane send alex a few bottles of red as a sweetener.

IMVHO,

Discipline is so important, the standard of reffing is poor and keeping them on your side is so crucial. It is the stupid bookings that are the killers to a team. I remember last season some fans trying to stick up for Howard when he got sent off at Palace last year. It wasn't passion, it was a lack of professionalism and on the wages players are on it is not good enough. Howard's sending off just before the plays off against Cardiff for me also had a big say in the outcome of the tie. He caused mayhem at their place and always seemed to play well against them but missed the first leg after getting sent off for some lunge at a player if memory serves.

Yep, very important, even last season with a mediocre team Danns' stupid sending off had a big impact on our run-in. The midfield were finally playing the best they had all season and Danns missing 3 games through unprofessional indiscipline cost us that slimmest of chances of putting 2 results together he was then injured in training and didn't feature again.

Saying that we could have done with Nugent doing a Beckham picking up a booking to miss the Bristol City game with Middlesbrough, Cardiff etc coming up.

Perhaps the sooner he gets another yellow then the better? Get him on a clean slate ready for the run in

I think the 5 cards = 1 match ban is only effective pre 1st Jan. After that I think it becomes something like 10 yellows = a ban. Not certain tho.

Just looked it up:

According to the FA Disciplinary Rules if a player receives 5 cautions between the first day of the season and 31st December they will be suspended for a period of 1 match .

If a player receives a 5th caution after the 31st December they will be warned as to their future conduct.

If a player receives 10 cautions between the first day of the season and the second Sunday in April they will be suspended for a period of 2 matches.

Big help not giving away freekicks in dangerous areas whcih is what keane and morgan are doing well.Even knocky is getting a bit more disciplioned.Very hard to playt he game when you are sitiing on your backside.Whitbreads weakness unfortunately Must keep keane send alex a few bottles of red as a sweetener.

Spot on. Whitbread does seem bad for that, so was Danns last season.

Yep, very important, even last season with a mediocre team Danns' stupid sending off had a big impact on our run-in. The midfield were finally playing the best they had all season and Danns missing 3 games through unprofessional indiscipline cost us that slimmest of chances of putting 2 results together he was then injured in training and didn't feature again.

Saying that we could have done with Nugent doing a Beckham picking up a booking to miss the Bristol City game with Middlesbrough, Cardiff etc coming up.

exactly what i thought. pick up a silly booking for kicking the ball away or something and miss the Burton game in the cup ( especially as he was rested anyway)

I think the 5 cards = 1 match ban is only effective pre 1st Jan. After that I think it becomes something like 10 yellows = a ban. Not certain tho.

Just looked it up:

According to the FA Disciplinary Rules if a player receives 5 cautions between the first day of the season and 31st December they will be suspended for a period of 1 match .

If a player receives a 5th caution after the 31st December they will be warned as to their future conduct.

If a player receives 10 cautions between the first day of the season and the second Sunday in April they will be suspended for a period of 2 matches.

So should Nugent get another (his 5th) booking now he wouldn't get banned? Just clarifying!

Just looked it up:

Fair enough then. By those averages he should finish below 10. If it did come to it though it wouldn't be too bad if one of those games included a future cup game. We know waggy can do the job anyway

I'm not sure on the exact stats, but it feels like out disciplinary record so far this season is much better than last. This can only be a good thing, so credit due to NP if this is the case.

Good point sir, I had been thinking along those lines myself, a different ethos at the club

Archived