Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bevan

Staying in the premier league?

Results in European comps over the last few years would suggest the PL is weaker them it use to be.

Tbh I think the reason PL teams arent doing that well in the CL is because of the tactics used by certain managers.

For example when you look at United, They seem to do quite well in the CL because they play with wingers and play a bit more 'ruthlessly' you can say.

On the other hand you have Man city who try to pass there way through Madrid and Dortmund which isnt going to work.

The standard of the Championship is poor. Look at us in recent seasons, barely been able to win 2 in a row yet were always in touch of the play-offs. In fact we were even in there for a week last season.

I've watched Premiership and Championship football this season and the quality isn't very good. There are some really average teams at the top of this league and some shocking ones in the top division, for that level.

Even look at the top of the Premiership. No where near a vintage Man Utd side, yet they're 7 points clear. Arsenal were very average last season and finished 3rd. Man City were very average without a couple of key players and ended up winning the title.

Maybe you can still stay in the hunt in the championship after poor performances because there aren't many bad teams? You only have to look at some of the players in Bristol City, Birmingham and Ipswich's squads to see that there are plenty of good teams down at the bottom.

I'd agree that Man Utd don't have a vintage team but they have got the best strikeforce they have had certainly since the formation of the premiership and Man City average?! Their second team is as good as their first and littered with stars. Just have a manager who is tactially inept so he decides to play a back 3 or persist with players like Barry.

if they really want to be spending £50M, then in my opinion that should go towards 2 or 3 real top quality players, who we'd be happy to spend 10 or 15 million on, for example a world class winger say to replace Lloyd, who really isnt going to cut it in the prem lets face it, or a left back with big league experience but more legs than Konchesky.

I reckon we would be a solid Prem outfit, purely because we can defend, more than what can be said for the likes of QPR, Villa, Wigan, Reading who are all down there for that reason alone.

Pffffff. Defending in the Championship and Defending in the Premier League are two very, very different things.

Imagine how could it would be to be on MOTD again! Even if we would be the last game shown every week lol

Think we would struggle (obviously) but I wouldn't want us to ditch our current philosophy and spend too much. Keep a good mix of promising youngsters and experience old heads, play positive football and beat the teams around us and we'd have a chance of staying up

Looking at the bottom 6/8 in the premiership I think we would have a great chance of surviving, the league is nowhere near the standard that it was 4/5 years ago.

disagree with the point about the prem being a weaker standard than it was, the quality of the championship has improved bringing the top champ teams and low prem teams very close together in standard. pipe down

disagree with the point about the prem being a weaker standard than it was, the quality of the championship has improved bringing the top champ teams and low prem teams very close together in standard. pipe down

agree with your point, no need for the pipe down comment though

Archived