Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Club statement re the Middlesboro game

I think the fans that did go deserve something for making the effort. Bit like the away match last year when the few that attended were given a scarf. Not a big gesture but recognition for actually making the effort!

:rolleyes: You think others weren't making the sodding the effort even though they weren't there? Count yourself lucky you actually were able to witness first hand what you paid for.

Not particularly difficult to get around Leicester. Although the way some people are talking, getting to the KP was more difficult than getting the ring to Mordor.

Took me 2.5 hours to drive a bit over a mile and a half - I wouldn't call that easy?!

The thing that bothers me is this:

"The Football League is satisfied - given that the referee had determined that the playing surface was playable, that both sides were ready to start the game and that a significant number of people were in the stadium - that it was correct to play the match."

I'm not sure how one of our worst ever attendances constituted a "significant number of people" - It shows there was consideration for the fans but apparently not very much.

Personally, I think 8,500 was a poor attendance - for all those who needed to use the roads to get to the ground then fine, I suppose they really weren't able to attend. But if there were people who were able to walk to the match and chose not to then I have no sympathy for them - I had no difficulty at all walking to the KP on Friday.

I think what they are saying is there were many fans already in the stadium when they made the call, thus the decision to delay kick off to allow any fans who were traveling to attend. Many supporters didn't even attempt the journey dispite the club saying the game was on, so I do not see why any of these supporters feel entitled to something?

You have bought a product the club has gone above and beyond to provide you with that product and you decided not to use it. Therefore you are not entitled to anything. Simple

I think what they are saying is there were many fans already in the stadium when they made the call, thus the decision to delay kick off to allow any fans who were traveling to attend. Many supporters didn't even attempt the journey dispite the club saying the game was on, so I do not see why any of these supporters feel entitled to something?

You have bought a product the club has gone above and beyond to provide you with that product and you decided not to use it. Therefore you are not entitled to anything. Simple

How the hell do you know who did or didn't attempt to make the journey?

The thing that bothers me is this:

"The Football League is satisfied - given that the referee had determined that the playing surface was playable, that both sides were ready to start the game and that a significant number of people were in the stadium - that it was correct to play the match."

I'm not sure how one of our worst ever attendances constituted a "significant number of people" - It shows there was consideration for the fans but apparently not very much.

Personally, I think 8,500 was a poor attendance - for all those who needed to use the roads to get to the ground then fine, I suppose they really weren't able to attend. But if there were people who were able to walk to the match and chose not to then I have no sympathy for them - I had no difficulty at all walking to the KP on Friday.

This.

kingpower_zps4f7fde81.png

The green area is 2,5 miles radius around the King Power Stadium, easy (even with snow) one-hour walking distance basically.

Everyone inside this 'green zone' with the ticket and able to walk... - No excuses :P

If the club wants to give themselves a pat on the back for allowing a match to be played in wank conditions infront of just 8,000 fans, then let them. Maybe one day they will understand that a football club is nothing without fans. Its a spectator sport with a huge chunk of money coming from ticket sales etc. Would like to see them get by if 8000 turned up every match. Maybe they would start showing us a bit more respect and put us first ahead of Sky.

Still feel as if I've been robbed, but I'm not complaining.

There are a few lies in that statment though,

While we appreciate that, very regrettably, the adverse weather made it difficult for a significant number of supporters to attend the game, only the match officials, the city’s Safety Advisory Group or the police can initiate a postponement.

1) It wasn't a police match so they could only advise the club on what to do. They advised postponement.

2) The council cannot cancel the match, they can only advise, the Deputy Mayor said to RL before the game they'd heavily advised the club to postpone the match.

Money money money!

Even if it took you 2,3,4, 5 hours to get home in the first place? You are assuming there was then 1 hour left in order to walk there in time. Some people actually work, and can't have the day off or leave at lunch time in order to get home for a football game - if you finish at 5:30 - how were you meant to get home in time and then walk?

Even if it took you 2,3,4, 5 hours to get home in the first place? You are assuming there was then 1 hour left in order to walk there in time. Some people actually work, and can't have the day off or leave at lunch time in order to get home for a football game - if you finish at 5:30 - how were you meant to get home in time and then walk?

I don't see how this is the clubs problem? They have put the game on, when you bought a ticket it was on the understanding there would be a match the club provided this match.

This.

kingpower_zps4f7fde81.png

The green area is 2,5 miles radius around the King Power Stadium, easy (even with snow) one-hour walking distance basically.

Everyone inside this 'green zone' with the ticket and able to walk... - No excuses :P

I can understand why people who live a fair distance away couldn't or wouldn't go but I have to agree with this. Anyone with a ticket that was within easy walking distance and the time to get there has no excuse for not going and should not expect anything back from the club. It was their choice not to go

How do you? And if they didn't why should they be refunded?

I don't, but I know lots of people did that is the point. You deciding that everyone deserves nothing because they didn't even attempt it means many many people who did try get nothing back.

I don't, but I know lots of people did that is the point. You deciding that everyone deserves nothing because they didn't even attempt it means many many people who did try get nothing back.

Easy fella, take a breath there chief :thumbup: You're putting words in my mouth there. I've plenty of sympathy with people like yourself who tried and failed, most of have been there at one point or another and I sorely wish the club would sort it but it rankles that people who couldn't be arsed get something out of it. My journey was shit but I got there so whatever they do we should be included as well!

So because a few people didn't, those he did try should be treated exactly the same way. Nice one!

Where else in your life would you get a refund in a similar situation? Some people seem to think the whole world owes them something. The club still have costs to cover. How close did you get? The club would still have let you in if you arrived late.

I don't see how this is the clubs problem? They have put the game on, when you bought a ticket it was on the understanding there would be a match the club provided this match.

It's called making a gesture to the MAJORITY of your fans, the people who pump their money into the club week in week out. Fans who pretty much in the history is Leicester City have never had to face such a task to get to a game.

As mentioned before, if games get moved and called off because the police don't want the roads blocked by tigers and city fans playing at the same time. How can they possibly say Friday was in any way different to that, they knew the roads were almost impossible to get down from about 2/3pm onwards. Yet the deemed it safe for possibly another 22,000 people to arrive into the city. If one isn't right, neither is the other. Now that's not the clubs problem, but it is the polices.

Easy fella, take a breath there chief :thumbup: You're putting words in my mouth there. I've plenty of sympathy with people like yourself who tried and failed, most of have been there at one point or another and I sorely wish the club would sort it but it rankles that people who couldn't be arsed get something out of it. My journey was shit but I got there so whatever they do we should be included as well!

You replied to me, and the person I quoted stated people deserve nothing.

The thing is football doesn't give a shite about the fans and that showed on friday night. Yes the club did what they had to do to get the game on. Yes some fans managed to get to the game.But what about 13500 that didnt get to the game.All week we knew the snow was coming and it was going to be bad but it was worse than they expected. If the gate was down bye a few thousand then fair enough but for the club to put out a statment like that is bo*<"c*s. Give the fans something back because that game should never have been played full stop.

Where else in your life would you get a refund in a similar situation?

In a similar situation it wouldn't have gone ahead, similarly the Arsenal game that was cancelled due to tube strikes. People couldn't get there, they called it off.

As a season ticket holder I get a ticket to another game if I can't make one, that's in the t's and c's. Others should be afforded the same in this instance as it was a one off situation. It's called good PR and not being a total **** about something the huge majority couldn't help.

The thing is football doesn't give a shite about the fans and that showed on friday night. Yes the club did what they had to do to get the game on. Yes some fans managed to get to the game.But what about 13500 that didnt get to the game.All week we knew the snow was coming and it was going to be bad but it was worse than they expected. If the gate was down bye a few thousand then fair enough but for the club to put out a statment like that is bo*<"c*s. Give the fans something back because that game should never have been played full stop.

Why shouldn't the game have been played? The pitch was fine 8500 fans made it, many others chose not too. If anyone deserves something from the club it's the fans that turned out to support their team on a cold night.

Archived