Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Club statement re the Middlesboro game

Your loyalty isn't in question. Young fans who are passionate about the club are the future of our support but you have to understand that it takes a greater level of commitment for someone who has umpteen other commitments and expenses to pour thousands of pounds a year into supporting their club on the road. You're forgetting that even home games are tough for some people, myself included. I live 100 miles away, it costs £30 to drive down to Leicester or £35 on the train. That's nearly £700 a year to see every home game and I haven't bought a season ticket yet or enjoyed a beer or pie. Not to mention the fact that work commitments such as marking coursework and setting lessons have to come before football at 28.

Your tickets and travel are bought for you. Even if they aren't; you don't have a mortgage or rent to pay, a full-time job to contend with or a family. The older you get, it harder it becomes to maintain even Priority 2 status. That's why there are a few hundred P1s, just over a thousand P2s and over 13,000 P3s.

If you can't afford to go then don't go. I have no problem at all with people who live a long way away or are short on funds.

The only thing I'm taking issue with is the people who bought tickets, were able to walk to the KP in reasonable time and then decided not to go because it was cold and it was on telly.

FFS for the last time I live 10 miles outside the city and left @ 5.00. I got to the game. How difficult is it to understand if you wanted to it was possible.We made a choice to travel then walk, as did most the players by the sounds of twitter etc, the club wanted to get the game on, they sent emails in the morning and posted on the website, sent texts, to tell us no matter what the game was going ahead, if anything they should reward the supporters who had the drive, determination and actual brains to make it.

I'm a register ST holder and I received diddly squat from LCFc about this game being on or off, oh wait no I received plenty of emails encouraging me to buy additional tickets and get a pie and pint (NB ST holders can pay a five for the same offer).

FFS for the last time I live 10 miles outside the city and left @ 5.00. I got to the game. How difficult is it to understand if you wanted to it was possible.We made a choice to travel then walk, as did most the players by the sounds of twitter etc, the club wanted to get the game on, they sent emails in the morning and posted on the website, sent texts, to tell us no matter what the game was going ahead, if anything they should reward the supporters who had the drive, determination and actual brains to make it.

Riiiiiight so everyone does the same journey as you then do they?

Christ is this so hard to understand for people.

Seeing 6 inches of snow in the side streets around where i live and knowing there was a layer of ice underneath I decided I wouldn't risk damaging my car or others in an accident. Yes I could have walked I'm just outside of that green circle, but having taken a walk around the block earlier in the day I again decided I wasn't going to risk walking. In spite of no real feedback from LCFC (I don't trust them anyway) there was also still a chance the game might be called off by the authorities, no I didn't know they had no power to do so.

Conclusion - miss the game, my first home game for many a year.

Clearly after 50 years of continuous support and 25 years as a ST holder I therefore confess I'm a disloyal ****. :thumbup:

Meh, you do not missed anything. It was really shit game, boring :pearson: 1:0. ;)

I'm sure if more people made an effort, 12,000 could of easily got to the ground on Friday night. That's better than 8,000 of course.

People in my opinion simply couldn't be arsed, didn't use their brain and didn't make enough effort.

Why should fans have to make extra effort anyway?

Don't you think we do enough already in following all the nonsense rules English fans get forced upon them whilst paying the outrageous ticket prices we do?

Not reading the whole thread but I'm with babs, the game shouldnt have gone ahead and despite the words I'm convinced it wouldnt had Sky not been paying the £££££'s....

Why the fvck would anyone pay £20 to see a match and then decide they can't be arsed to go or claim a refund?

People paid £20 to watch a game they already knew was going to be on TV, I'm pretty sure that's a decent indication of the sort of people who wanted to go to the game. ie. not people who would rather sit at home and watch it on tv.

People paid £20 to watch a game they already knew was going to be on TV, I'm pretty sure that's a decent indication of the sort of people who wanted to go to the game. ie. not people who would rather sit at home and watch it on tv.

It was a reaction to people accusing those who didn't go of laziness Babs. I'm on your side on this one.

The suggestion that fans would shell out £20 for a game they knew could be viewed on TV in the comfort of their own home and then just not turn up because they wanted to be more comfortable at home seems daft.

:thumbup:

Why should fans have to make extra effort anyway?

Don't you think we do enough already in following all the nonsense rules English fans get forced upon them whilst paying the outrageous ticket prices we do?

Not reading the whole thread but I'm with babs, the game shouldnt have gone ahead and despite the words I'm convinced it wouldnt had Sky not been paying the £££££'s....

Alright Matt.

Why should people make an effort? They are going to support the club they love that's why, course you are going to have to make more of an effort in snow conditions, but just as it was snowing a bit...yes a bit it was nowhere near like it is now, then surely people could of made more of an effort, I bet so many people thought fook this, it's on Sky i'm staying at home. You have two feet for a reason, abandoned your car and flaming walk, players had to do it, they made an effort to entertain us, so surely people could of made more of an effort to support them.

If you think ticket prices are outrageous then that is your opinion, clubs ticket prices are far worse than ours, and if you are a season ticket holder, I don't know why so many people are bothered, I have missed games on my season ticket before, season ticket is better value for money as well it all works out better so I don't really see a problem.

Aren't you glad the game actually went ahead, would you rather have the game cancelled, yet have another fixture to play and currently sit looking at the table with us in 3rd place? I am glad it went ahead, we got the win, we got the game out of the way and we are now second place, to me that's much better than sitting here right now thinking that we have to play another game, against a side more than capable of picking up a result against us, and us sitting in third place.

It was a reaction to people accusing those who didn't go of laziness Babs. I'm on your side on this one.

The suggestion that fans would shell out £20 for a game they knew could be viewed on TV in the comfort of their own home and then just not turn up because they wanted to be more comfortable at home seems daft.

:thumbup:

I know mate, I was just adding on to your comment.

Some groups would've had a knock-on effect, including mine. I've got a season-ticket with 3 mates and normally walk (about 40 minutes), but none of them could make it as they normally get the bus and live considerably further away than I do. I could've gone on my own, with it already being paid for, or the far more sensible option...watch it on TV in the warm, with a good pint of beer in my hand and saved myself nearly an hour and a half's walking in the cold.

It was a no-brainer.

Probably true though Babs, I am sure more than 8,000 fans could of made it on Friday night.

They already knew it was on TV when they purchased the ticket, if they were all lazy gits they wouldn't have done that in the first place.

Alright Matt.

Why should people make an effort? They are going to support the club they love that's why, course you are going to have to make more of an effort in snow conditions, but just as it was snowing a bit...yes a bit it was nowhere near like it is now, then surely people could of made more of an effort, I bet so many people thought fook this, it's on Sky i'm staying at home. You have two feet for a reason, abandoned your car and flaming walk, players had to do it, they made an effort to entertain us, so surely people could of made more of an effort to support them.

If you think ticket prices are outrageous then that is your opinion, clubs ticket prices are far worse than ours, and if you are a season ticket holder, I don't know why so many people are bothered, I have missed games on my season ticket before, season ticket is better value for money as well it all works out better so I don't really see a problem.

Aren't you glad the game actually went ahead, would you rather have the game cancelled, yet have another fixture to play and currently sit looking at the table with us in 3rd place? I am glad it went ahead, we got the win, we got the game out of the way and we are now second place, to me that's much better than sitting here right now thinking that we have to play another game, against a side more than capable of picking up a result against us, and us sitting in third place.

I can understand if people didn't want to walk through snow for an hour to a game on a Friday night, most people have just finished a very long week at work and the last thing you want to do is spend even more time on your feet when you are knackered already.

The players are paid to do a job, they should be expected to get the game by all means possible. I don't expect supporters to have to abandon their own property miles from their homes in order to get to a football match.

The win has worked out well, I'll certainly agree with that.

One thing our fans are TOPS at Moaning if it hadnt bee on TV 12,000 people would not have missed this game ,Some and think a large sum of them Might have tried to get there .We tried it took 4 times longer than normal but we tried and im glad we did .Had the game been called off I doubt the 8,000 real fans would have been on here crying over their travel costs .Your Choice to say at home Nice to see fans slating their own wonder if Forest or Derby want to addopt a few

Seems like the club are somewhat trying to make amends to the ones offended by the Middlesboro situation:

Wolves Season Ticket Holder Offer

fansgv-4-3-lc4921-050280-403775_478x359.jpg

King Power Stadium should be rocking for the visit of Wolverhampton Wanderers later this month, thanks to an exclusive offer for City Season Ticket Holders.

To reward the fantastic support of the Club’s most loyal supporters, Season Ticket Holders and Second-Half Season Ticket Holders will be able to purchase up to six additional tickets for the game on Thursday 31 January, from just £15 per ticket.

The offer, which could save Season Ticket Holders over £100 based on regular ticket prices for a Gold Fixture, is valid in any part of the stadium* and if you want to sit with your guests, we can arrange for your Season Ticket to be relocated for the game.**

So whether you’re bringing the family along or arranging a night out for your mates, make sure you’re at King Power Stadium to see the latest episode of the Foxes’ quest to reach the Premier League!

To take advantage of this fantastic offer, visit the City Fanstore during normal opening times or call the City Sales Centre on 0844 815 5000.

*Additional tickets in B and J Block will be priced £20 each. Additional Fosse Club tickets will be priced £30 each. All other areas will be priced £15.

**Subject to any increase in price for a higher-value area of the stadium.

Offer not available online.

http://www.lcfc.com/...fer-611570.aspx

What does that prove? I live next to the ground, work in the city, left at 5.00pm and didn't make it on time. Anecdotal evidence proves nothing, just because your particular journey was ok doesn't mean countless others were.

So the players made it? They weren't at work that day though, so they had nothing else to do but get to the game - not the same is it.

I certainly didn't get any alerts/texts/emails so again, what does your anecdotal experience prove? Because clearly people were not alerted as you claim.

I'll be posting no more in this thread now, I think I have made my point.

Good idea, it's pointless arguing with bigoted people who claim everyone with an opposing view are "not using their brain" when in fact they refuse to think reasonably about the situation.

On that note, I of to get back to work.

One thing our fans are TOPS at Moaning if it hadnt bee on TV 12,000 people would not have missed this game ,Some and think a large sum of them Might have tried to get there .We tried it took 4 times longer than normal but we tried and im glad we did .Had the game been called off I doubt the 8,000 real fans would have been on here crying over their travel costs .Your Choice to say at home Nice to see fans slating their own wonder if Forest or Derby want to addopt a few

Oh look another "real fan" :rolleyes:

notworthy.gif

I'm a register ST holder and I received diddly squat from LCFc about this game being on or off, oh wait no I received plenty of emails encouraging me to buy additional tickets and get a pie and pint (NB ST holders can pay a five for the same offer).

I must be really special then!! I guess my support is needed.

Riiiiiight so everyone does the same journey as you then do they?

Christ is this so hard to understand for people.

FFS stop trying to take the moral high ground, If i can make it from east goscote in 2 hours then what the **** stopped everyone else, or are we suggesting that most of the support for our club lives even further away than me, baring in mind I had to get home from work in Melton before I could even set off for the game.

Not saying people didn't have problems, I saw them 1st hand but I would suggest, to many season ticket holders especially looked and thought **** it it's on tv lets stay all cosy indoors, then start moaning about the fact the game went ahead.

If someone on here can tell me how the club are responsible for the whole of the city centre being full of dimwits that can't drive blocking junctions and panicking to get home in a few inches of snow fine.

but for those who had made the effort, inc players, boro fans and players alike, what do you expect the club to do, say thanks for coming but **** off home. Cuz foxestalk is going mental.

ST holders can get a seat exchange so whats the problem. People who brought the pie and pint made the game only to be told they wouldn't use common sense and accept them at half time, I suggest have more cause to complain.

What does that prove? I live next to the ground, work in the city, left at 5.00pm and didn't make it on time. Anecdotal evidence proves nothing, just because your particular journey was ok doesn't mean countless others were.

So the players made it? They weren't at work that day though, so they had nothing else to do but get to the game - not the same is it.

I certainly didn't get any alerts/texts/emails so again, what does your anecdotal experience prove? Because clearly people were not alerted as you claim.

Good idea, it's pointless arguing with bigoted people who claim everyone with an opposing view are "not using their brain" when in fact they refuse to think reasonably about the situation.

On that note, I of to get back to work.

See above.

As for anecdotal, I think you'll find it was actual experience you condescending ****.

I can only assume from your lack of travel movement over such a long period of time you are also unable to drive in the snow, probably spent most of that journey blocking junctions.

As posted above I saw how bad town was, but it's a culture in this country to moan and blame everything on others, I made it 10 miles or so in an hour and a half, not great I know, but we planned ahead, took minor routes instead of the obvious main routes into town.

fail to prepare, prepare to fail so to speak. I guess as government advice you carry, spare fuel, a shovel, a high vis vest, food and water in time like this. No me neither, but I can't complain after the event can I.

Imagine what this looks like to the rest of the country and what must places like germany, sweden etc, think, my god it's laughable.

Babylon - I still dont understand why you didn't get off the bus in Leicester and walk to the game from there.

You could definitely have got in even without your Season Ticket - presumably you'd have had ID with you?

I sympathise with a lot of those who literally could not get to the game, but ultimately that's not the club's fault and frankly they owe you nothing in this regard - they held up their end of the bargain by getting the game on.

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Am I missing Something, It said on Radio Leicester, Sky and twitter all day that the game was on, I left home extra 30 mins earlier than I normally would and parked in the my normal place about and went for a pint and got to the ground about 7.30pm.

Archived