Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Club statement re the Middlesboro game

To be fair, "c*nt" isn't the word I'd have used so I apologise for exaggerating my opinion in my previous post.

But I would like to state my annoyance again with the attendance on Friday night. It isn't hard to walk half an hour in the snow to a football match which some people chose not to do. This is the group I'm focusing on and although they aren't many I'm still not happy with them shirking an extremely easy task because they didn't fancy the cold. I have a lot of pride in my club and that pride took a hit when I saw the disappointing numbers that turned up - A club of our stature shouldn't be getting that kind of attendance.

I did enjoy your omission of the words "priority one season ticket holder" when referring to my bio - A rather important feature I feel. And by the way, I'm going to keep my ST next year even though I'm going to university in another city so I think I'm quite entitled to question the attitudes of others.

This is the first time the attendance has been that low for a league game for 10/15 years, and the reason is because of the weather something a human can not change... add to the fact that it was on a Friday night, deadlock everywhere.

I think you should just get over it.

I notice he missed the 'Priority One season ticket holder - because mummy and daddy buy me the tickets and travel'

Brainless idiots like him that age, with the sickening attitude of how his pride in the club is hurt because we got under 10k for a league match make me want to weep. Best to ignore the 'i'm better than you all because I attend all the games' as the points he's raised thus far clearly show his opinion means less than an apology from Lance Armstrong.

Oh I totally agree, I have no commitment whatsoever, I'm just a young child who thinks he's better than everyone else because he doesn't have to deal with the hardship that the adults do. I realise I have more time on my hands than most but you can hardly reject the fact that I'm P1. Does that not demonstrate a certain degree of commitment?

You have two feet flaming walk.

Brilliant, as you clearly know everyone's circumstances and knew that day I could walk in to work and walk back out, and I didn't need a car that day to travel to meetings or transport items back home I shall stop this 'debate' and bow to your superior wisdom. I might even start using the word "of" instead of "have" as clearly the English language is at odds with you, and therefore wrong.

Oh I totally agree, I have no commitment whatsoever, I'm just a young child who thinks he's better than everyone else because he doesn't have to deal with the hardship that the adults do. I realise I have more time on my hands than most but you can hardly reject the fact that I'm P1. Does that not demonstrate a certain degree of commitment?

Yes it does demonstrate a certain degree of commitment. Hats off to you.

If you're still Priority One in a decade's time when you have a mortgage, full-time job, travelling expenses if you don't live in Leicestershire and other commitments besides football such as family, friends and a partner you're not only committed, you're extremely fvcking lucky.

Actually realised I've given this post a bit more credit than it deserves. There isn't much commitment going on when the tickets and travel are bought for you. You're getting to do what you want to do for free. Surely the greater commitment comes from spending potentially thousands of pounds a year on tickets and travel across the country?

People have contacted the club

It was the amount of traffic on the roads and twats blocking junctions, not the actual snow on the road that gridlocked the city. Schools finish at 3pm, so did many other companies including mine... and I was sat on a bus for FOUR HOURS getting from Syston to Wigston. It was already gridlocked before every other company closed at 5/5.30pm... that just compounded the problem.

I used my brain, I asked to leave work early. I have done this journey for 15 sodding years, in snow bloody worse than this and there has never been a problem. I'll pack a frigging lift raft next time rain is predicted, just in case there is biblical flooding and i can float to the bloody ground.

Not everyone does the same bloody journey, uses the same transport, lives in the same places ffs.

1.Fair enough, but no statement as such yet, so I will wait until that is properly confirmed.

2.So you mean you went from Syston to Wigston to go home? Or Syston to Wigston because you was travelling to the match, getting pretty confused now.

3.Nice rant

4.I did say that in a previous comment.

If you're still Priority One in a decade's time when you have a mortgage, full-time job, travelling expenses if you don't live in Leicestershire and other commitments besides football such as family, friends and a partner you're not only committed, you're extremely fvcking lucky.

You don't have to be P1 to be committed - That wasn't what I was trying to say, I just wanted to fend off people questioning my loyalty due to me being young. Anyone who owns a ST does enough IMO, as long as you make an effort to go to all the home games then I have no problem at all.

Brilliant, as you clearly know everyone's circumstances and knew that day I could walk in to work and walk back out, and I didn't need a car that day to travel to meetings or transport items back home I shall stop this 'debate' and bow to your superior wisdom. I might even start using the word "of" instead of "have" as clearly the English language is at odds with you, and therefore wrong.

I got a C in my English GCSE so I am happy with that, so my "English Language" isn't as bad as you are making out.

15,000 fans couldn't of all had problems, you might of really struggled, Babylon might of really struggled, but about 15,000 fans probably more couldn't of all had struggles to get to the match. Some obviously made no efforts and didn't use their brains, could of easily took your season ticket with you to work, you could of easily walked, you could of easily abandoned cars. If you abandoned your car, walked and got to the ground then that's absolutely brilliant, and by the time it was full time, you could of walked back to your car and travelled home. The traffic and weather, surely wouldn't be as bad as it was at 5.00pm at 10.00pm, it even stopped snowing by the end of the match.

15,000 people surely couldn't of all had difficulties and couldn't get to the stadium, some people obviously didn't make an effort, purely because it was on Sky.

Nobody is saying some people didn't, but there are others here lumping everyone together under one heading of not being arsed.

You don't have to be P1 to be committed - That wasn't what I was trying to say, I just wanted to fend off people questioning my loyalty due to me being young. Anyone who owns a ST does enough IMO, as long as you make an effort to go to all the home games then I have no problem at all.

Your loyalty isn't in question. Young fans who are passionate about the club are the future of our support but you have to understand that it takes a greater level of commitment for someone who has umpteen other commitments and expenses to pour thousands of pounds a year into supporting their club on the road. You're forgetting that even home games are tough for some people, myself included. I live 100 miles away, it costs £30 to drive down to Leicester or £35 on the train. That's nearly £700 a year to see every home game and I haven't bought a season ticket yet or enjoyed a beer or pie. Not to mention the fact that work commitments such as marking coursework and setting lessons have to come before football at 28.

Your tickets and travel are bought for you. Even if they aren't; you don't have a mortgage or rent to pay, a full-time job to contend with or a family. The older you get, it harder it becomes to maintain even Priority 2 status. That's why there are a few hundred P1s, just over a thousand P2s and over 13,000 P3s.

Nobody is saying some people didn't, but there are others here lumping everyone together under one heading of not being arsed.

I'm sure if more people made an effort, 12,000 could of easily got to the ground on Friday night. That's better than 8,000 of course.

People in my opinion simply couldn't be arsed, didn't use their brain and didn't make enough effort.

Actually realised I've given this post a bit more credit than it deserves. There isn't much commitment going on when the tickets and travel are bought for you. You're getting to do what you want to do for free. Surely the greater commitment comes from spending potentially thousands of pounds a year on tickets and travel across the country?

Your loyalty isn't in question. Young fans who are passionate about the club are the future of our support but you have to understand that it takes a greater level of commitment for someone who has umpteen other commitments and expenses to pour thousands of pounds a year into supporting their club on the road. You're forgetting that even home games are tough for some people, myself included. I live 100 miles away, it costs £30 to drive down to Leicester or £35 on the train. That's nearly £700 a year to see every home game and I haven't bought a season ticket yet or enjoyed a beer or pie. Not to mention the fact that work commitments such as marking coursework and setting lessons have to come before football at 28.

Your tickets and travel are bought for you. Even if they aren't; you don't have a mortgage or rent to pay, a full-time job to contend with or a family. The older you get, it harder it becomes to maintain even Priority 2 status. That's why there are a few hundred P1s, just over a thousand P2s and over 13,000 P3s.

1964FOX shows it could be done :chant::scarf: .

1964FOX shows it could be done :chant::scarf: .

Indeed it does but he has the good fortune of his family being City fans as well. Maybe that should be a requisite for women I chat up in the future. :D

They're correct in what they say. They satisfied all neccessary criteria.

That still doesn't mean that, as a gesture of goodwill, they shouldn't offer an exchange/refund for the ****ing 'loyal supporters'.

Mind you, as the requires actually giving back to those that give I doubt they will.

At least things are going well on the pitch.

That's the sad thing, the fans are no longer considered "necessary criterea".

So basically, it's no refund for those who couldn't go? Laughable stuff but I've come to expect shit now rather than be surprised when they let you down.

It's a good job the team's doing well, for their sake.

I'm sure if more people made an effort, 12,000 could of easily got to the ground on Friday night. That's better than 8,000 of course.

People in my opinion simply couldn't be arsed, didn't use their brain and didn't make enough effort.

No you are just guessing and have absolutely no idea of peoples circumstances.

Seeing 6 inches of snow in the side streets around where i live and knowing there was a layer of ice underneath I decided I wouldn't risk damaging my car or others in an accident. Yes I could have walked I'm just outside of that green circle, but having taken a walk around the block earlier in the day I again decided I wasn't going to risk walking. In spite of no real feedback from LCFC (I don't trust them anyway) there was also still a chance the game might be called off by the authorities, no I didn't know they had no power to do so.

Conclusion - miss the game, my first home game for many a year.

Clearly after 50 years of continuous support and 25 years as a ST holder I therefore confess I'm a disloyal ****. :thumbup:

Seeing 6 inches of snow in the side streets around where i live and knowing there was a layer of ice underneath I decided I wouldn't risk damaging my car or others in an accident. Yes I could have walked I'm just outside of that green circle, but having taken a walk around the block earlier in the day I again decided I wasn't going to risk walking. In spite of no real feedback from LCFC (I don't trust them anyway) there was also still a chance the game might be called off by the authorities, no I didn't know they had no power to do so.

Clearly after 50 years of continuous support and 25 years as a ST holder I therefore confess I'm a disloyal ****. :thumbup:

c***

lol

You are, quite literally, a fairweather fan.

FAIRWEATHER! GEDDIT?! :dance:

Does buying any ticket not?

Shouldn't matter whether you go to one game, ten games or every single one. Doesn't make anyone a better fan

People are obviously allowed to make their own choices on which games they attend but I just don't think that the reasons some had to not attend, especially when they had already bought tickets, were really good enough. That's all it is really, I wasn't impressed that some people didn't turn up because of the cold/snow when it wasn't that hard to get to the game.

The atmosphere has received great criticism but this is a very similar matter because it's all about the decisions of individuals. If people don't want to sing then what right do you have to moan? If we don't criticise and complain then we'll never get to where we want to be.

What does working in other cities or the county got to do with it? The CITY was gridlocked, if you left at 5pm from the city you would not have made it to the KP time - even if you went straight there from work.

FFS for the last time I live 10 miles outside the city and left @ 5.00. I got to the game. How difficult is it to understand if you wanted to it was possible.We made a choice to travel then walk, as did most the players by the sounds of twitter etc, the club wanted to get the game on, they sent emails in the morning and posted on the website, sent texts, to tell us no matter what the game was going ahead, if anything they should reward the supporters who had the drive, determination and actual brains to make it.

I'll be posting no more in this thread now, I think I have made my point. I believe it should have been called off, especially if the club were talking to the police about the game.

I suspect they wanted it to go ahead because we were in good form and because we didn't want a fixture pile up, if that's the case I can understand.

I believe it would be good PR for the club to do something, no matter how small for those who couldn't get there. Purely as a gesture of good will and to show a more human side. After all, if season ticket holders can trade in the ticket, it's only fair those who bought individual tickets get treated the same.

The people who didn't go to the match are the same people that live a few miles from work and didn't bother going today. People that didn't even attempt to clear their drives yesterday make me sick, I wish they'd just fvck off and die, and decrease the surplus population. What I'm trying to say is, our bitch administrator hasn't come in today and I've had to make my own steaming cups of tea. Tart.

You heard me...

Archived