Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Club statement re the Middlesboro game

An exchange not a huge amount I would imagine. Many not there would have been season ticket holders, who by the sounds of it already get seat exchange for nothing.

The other 6000 non season ticket holders who purchased tickets for the match, some would have got there anyway. And it's not like it's the same 6000 who purchase individual tickets each week.

yeah but if they exchange 6000 tickets thats 6000 tickets they cant sell but i get your point id be prety pissed off

yeah but if they exchange 6000 tickets thats 6000 tickets they cant sell but i get your point id be prety pissed off

Not really, as I said if it was the same 6000 people buying individual tickets each week, then yes that would be the case. But people pick and choose. Yes it would mean some tickets that would have been bought aren't. But I think mostly you would just get people going to a game they perhaps wouldn't have gone to previously.

I think it's pretty fair tbh.. What they are saying Is that they did all they could do to get the game on and the relavent authorities agreed it was enough which it clearly was, with the state of the pitch. It wasn't their call to make on calling It off after that and let's be honest, without sounding too crude, every other stadium this weekend didnt look as empty as ours and the weather was fu**** everywhere over the weekend. Spurs had a pitch inspection an hour before kick off yet they're ground was full..

Of course their grounds were fuller than ours, it was a completely different scenario. Our problem was initially caused by accidents and rush hour traffic. People were then caught in long traffic jams with people just giving up and abandoning their cars left, right and centre. The city centre was gridlocked, the surrounding areas were at snails pace and even where I live the traffic was nose to tail at snails pace at 7pm going away from the centre. These were people still trying to get home. If they were going, they still had to make the return journey. The counties roads were in a very bad condition and people judged it to be firstly, not worth risking their lives and secondly, not worth it considering the gridlock in the centre. The good thing about that is all those cars staying off the roads made it easier for those that did go to make it there. This is not the scenario that faced anyone going to a match on Saturday or Sunday. They all knew the conditions and had plenty of time to make the journey. They were not caught out by the initial heavy snowfall while they were at work. The attendance may look bad but no other club faced the same conditions that we did on Friday night. If our match had been on Saturday, we probably would have had our highest attendance of the season despite the conditions

Season ticket holders can make a seat exchange before or after a match (not platinum games), it just gives the club an opportunity to sell your seat if you do it before.

5 hours is for match tickets but they can normally be lenient as long as it's before kick off and you have a good reason.

I made it ok from the Lutterworth area but took an hour and a half, if all 20k + supporters would have decided to attend it would have been utter chaos!

It's a shame so many people had to miss it, life has a habit of being a bitch. It wasn't the clubs fault that certain things prevented people from getting there, but they should be doing something for the ones that missed it due to no fault of their own.

I travel down from the other side of Alfreton,,,,,,3 tickets for me and my 2 lads wasted,i never left the house, just thought it would be off.....

A lot of people thought this and that's one of the reason the crowd was so low. The only thing the club did wrong was not keep people updated on their web site. Regular updates saying game was still on would have ment more fans even if some were arriving late. Great game great 3 points.

I travel down from the other side of Alfreton,,,,,,3 tickets for me and my 2 lads wasted,i never left the house, just thought it would be off.....

A lot of people thought this and that's one of the reason the crowd was so low. The only thing the club did wrong was not keep people updated on their web site. Regular updates saying game was still on would have ment more fans even if some were arriving late. Great game great 3 points.

They spent the whole ****ing week sayings it's on. Radio Leicester was wall to wall it's on as was Sky Sports news. Short of nocking on everyone's door to say 'its on' I don't see how they could have made it much clearer.

I don't think it matters what the gesture is, but I think the club seriously need to have a think and offer something. If I can get a replacement ticket for another game with my season ticket then that's enough for me. But for someone who has spent £20 for nothing the statement is a bit of a slap in the chops. It's not even like the majority managed to get there, you've got about 12,000 people not been able to make it.

Christ we have about 8000 empty seats every game, it's not like they don't have room to make deals for people.

This is spot on.

We haven't sold out for ages, so it's good business and common sense to allow those who bought tickets and never made it to transfer them to another game.

It's the right thing to do and will avoid this story becoming a negative one for the club.

They spent the whole ****ing week sayings it's on. Radio Leicester was wall to wall it's on as was Sky Sports news. Short of nocking on everyone's door to say 'its on' I don't see how they could have made it much clearer.

I think most presumed it would be taken out of the clubs hands, we've all heard of other games not going ahead for safety reasons so it wasn't unreasonable to think the same would happen here.

We aren't allowed to play at the same time as the tigers by the cops because they fear the traffic will stop emergency services from getting to their destinations. How on earth they can say that, and then let a game go ahead that could potentially bring 22,000 people many in vehicles, into an already gridlocked area I don't know.

I think most presumed it would be taken out of the clubs hands, we've all heard of other games not going ahead for safety reasons so it wasn't unreasonable to think the same would happen here.

We aren't allowed to play at the same time as the tigers by the cops because they fear the traffic will stop emergency services from getting to their destinations. How on earth they can say that, and then let a game go ahead that could potentially bring 22,000 people many in vehicles, into an already gridlocked area I don't know.

Perhaps because it wasn't dangerous just busy.

Perhaps, just perhaps, people are being very British and bitching about the weather.

It was a cold Friday night. It was on telly. No need to venture out.

While the club has acted entirely within its rights, this is a bit of a PR own goal.

They could've thrown the fans who couldn't make it a bone of some sort. £10 off any other game they wish to attend? Bring the unused ticket and get a programme, a pint and a pie at a home game? Swap the unused ticket for a £10-£15 voucher at the shop?

All small beer but a small gesture would've been well received. If I'd be working for LCFC in any marketing capacity, I'd see this as an opportunity missed.

You think they are right to not let people cancel their tickets several hours prior to kickoff, when they knew people couldn't get there?

Thats been the rule for years. The stadium operation costs still need to be covered. Its unfortunate but I think a large amount of people probably assumed it would be off so didnt even attempt to travel.

I think it's pretty fair tbh.. What they are saying Is that they did all they could do to get the game on and the relavent authorities agreed it was enough which it clearly was, with the state of the pitch. It wasn't their call to make on calling It off after that and let's be honest, without sounding too crude, every other stadium this weekend didnt look as empty as ours and the weather was fu**** everywhere over the weekend. Spurs had a pitch inspection an hour before kick off yet they're ground was full..

It really isn't difficult to get around London...

The thing that bothers me is this:

"The Football League is satisfied - given that the referee had determined that the playing surface was playable, that both sides were ready to start the game and that a significant number of people were in the stadium - that it was correct to play the match."

I'm not sure how one of our worst ever attendances constituted a "significant number of people" - It shows there was consideration for the fans but apparently not very much.

Personally, I think 8,500 was a poor attendance - for all those who needed to use the roads to get to the ground then fine, I suppose they really weren't able to attend. But if there were people who were able to walk to the match and chose not to then I have no sympathy for them - I had no difficulty at all walking to the KP on Friday.

Not particularly difficult to get around Leicester. Although the way some people are talking, getting to the KP was more difficult than getting the ring to Mordor.

lol lol lol

Walking was very easy but the roads were almost impossible to use. If people needed to use the car to travel then I can understand why they didn't attend.

The club did actually say that the game was on unless you were told otherwise, so I can't really blame them for that. If you missed that update though, you wouldn't know. EDIT if you want up to date info, don't look on the OS, just spend a few minutes making a twitter account. You don't ever have to use it to tweet if you don't want to, just follow the official club account, the Leicestershire news accounts and Stringer, you'll have all the up to the minute news that you need

lol lol lol

Walking was very easy but the roads were almost impossible to use. If people needed to use the car to travel then I can understand why they didn't attend.

The problem most people had is that they either go directly from work, or have to go home first.

If I'd been at home it would have been no problem to me as it's about an hours walk (probably more with snow though), I've walked down quite a few times.

Archived