Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Tempering Expectations

'I’m not excusing the fact that Wood is the best striking option to partner David Nugent but we’re not hopeless without him, we were firmly cemented in the top 6 before Wood even arrived just one month ago.'

11 points from 12 games, had that continued we wouldn't have been cemeneted for much longer.

Good read...but...

I’m not excusing the fact that Wood is the best striking option to partner David Nugent but we’re not hopeless without him, we were firmly cemented in the top 6 before Wood even arrived just one month ago.

In six days, we go again, at home to mid-table Charlton Athletic, with an outside chance of Chris Wood returning to the line up

Wood is the best striking option to partner Nugent and we're not hopeless without him, but then mentioning Wood in the manner you or whoever wrote it do in the final line, sounds like we ARE hopeless without him. Just funny you or the writer don't mention someone like Drinky, but you or the writer is quick to mention Wood possibly returning to the line up. Good read though, but that bit seems a bit contradicting.

'I’m not excusing the fact that Wood is the best striking option to partner David Nugent but we’re not hopeless without him, we were firmly cemented in the top 6 before Wood even arrived just one month ago.'

11 points from 12 games, had that continued we wouldn't have been cemeneted for much longer.

Who says it would have continued? Facts are we were top 6 before he arrived and had been on a run before that bad spell which beats our 5 unbeaten.

Good read...but...

I’m not excusing the fact that Wood is the best striking option to partner David Nugent but we’re not hopeless without him, we were firmly cemented in the top 6 before Wood even arrived just one month ago.

In six days, we go again, at home to mid-table Charlton Athletic, with an outside chance of Chris Wood returning to the line up

Wood is the best striking option to partner Nugent and we're not hopeless without him, but then mentioning Wood in the manner you or whoever wrote it do in the final line, sounds like we ARE hopeless without him. Just funny you or the writer don't mention someone like Drinky, but you or the writer is quick to mention Wood possibly returning to the line up. Good read though, but that bit seems a bit contradicting.

Fair point.

It was more a response to the views of others. I thought we missed Drinkwater more last night than Wood but fans had been talking more about Wood, that's why I focused that part on him.

We had 16 from 12 actually or to cancel out the spin you have tried to put on it; 14 from 9 so that would have definitely kept us in the top 6

Who says it would have continued? Facts are we were top 6 before he arrived and had been on a run before that bad spell which beats our 5 unbeaten.

I'll tell you now that it wouldn't have continued because it never happened?!

Nice read. I wish that more of the people phoning into Radio Leicester had this sort of mentality.

Last nights performance was very poor and I still feel that we've missed a decent chance of getting to Wembley. But we're still in a decent position for this season, the best position that the club has been in for a decade. When people call for the manager to be sacked after every game that we lose, I honestly wonder whether they are serious, it's ridiculous. I guess a small proportion of our fans will never be happy.

Nice read. I wish that more of the people phoning into Radio Leicester had this sort of mentality.

Last nights performance was very poor and I still feel that we've missed a decent chance of getting to Wembley. But we're still in a decent position for this season, the best position that the club has been in for a decade. When people call for the manager to be sacked after every game that we lose, I honestly wonder whether they are serious, it's ridiculous. I guess a small proportion of our fans will never be happy.

Unfortunately, yes.

I think the problems with some of our fans is that they are trying to turn fantasy into reality. All these threads about the last day at F***st and what we'll do next year "when we're in the prem" is setting ourselves up for disappointment. When you set your expectations so high, you're bound to be disappointed at the end of the season. Take it game by game, look forward to Charlton, not Man U next season!

Just watching Arsenal lose to Blackburn in the FA cup.

This is one of the things that has pissed me off about Pearson this season. I bet the Blackburn fans went home today feeling on top of the world, whilst we again played a weakened side against a rubbish Huddersfield side.

Football is about moments like today for the Blackburn fans and I feel somewhat let down this season in the cups.

If we get promotion I guess it will all be worth it.

If we don't, it won't.

If 'Tempering expectations' means not putting out a team to win in the FA cup, then frankly, shove it..

Just watching Arsenal lose to Blackburn in the FA cup.

This is one of the things that has pissed me off about Pearson this season. I bet the Blackburn fans went home today feeling on top of the world, whilst we again played a weakened side against a rubbish Huddersfield side.

Football is about moments like today for the Blackburn fans and I feel somewhat let down this season in the cups.

If we get promotion I guess it will all be worth it.

If we don't, it won't.

If 'Tempering expectations' means not putting out a team to win in the FA cup, then frankly, shove it..

No, it's about being realistic. Pearson will keep his job if he wins promotion, not reaching a cup quarter-final again. We did it last year, did you really enjoy last season?

We didn't look particularly bothered about the game the other night, it was a shame but these things happen. Pearson's remit is to get promoted, and that's what he focused on.

No, it's about being realistic. Pearson will keep his job if he wins promotion, not reaching a cup quarter-final again. We did it last year, did you really enjoy last season?

We didn't look particularly bothered about the game the other night, it was a shame but these things happen. Pearson's remit is to get promoted, and that's what he focused on.

Three points:

1. Though Im happy to have Pearson as manager, I'm a Leicester City Football Club fan, not a Nigel Pearson fan. If its more important to YOU that Pearson keeps his job then I'd suggest you consider your priorities.

2. The best day for me last season, bar none, was the win in Norfolk. A day I'll long remember.

3. What's 'realistic'? Bradford getting to Wembley? Or Blackburn beating Arsenal today? Or have I just imagined them both?

As I said, if we go on to gain promotion, I'll accept what you are saying. If we now don't I'll be pissed off off big time that we haven't been promoted AND have made a lamentable excuse of both cups.

Time will tell...

Three points:

1. Though Im happy to have Pearson as manager, I'm a Leicester City Football Club fan, not a Nigel Pearson fan. If its more important to YOU that Pearson keeps his job then I'd suggest you consider your priorities.

2. The best day for me last season, bar none, was the win in Norfolk. A day I'll long remember.

3. What's 'realistic'? Bradford getting to Wembley? Or Blackburn beating Arsenal today? Or have I just imagined them both?

As I said, if we go on to gain promotion, I'll accept what you are saying. If we now don't I'll be pissed off off big time that we haven't been promoted AND have made a lamentable excuse of both cups.

Time will tell...

1. It's not more important to me, I know though that Pearson needs to get promotion in order to remain in charge. I support the club, and it's manager, I think Pearson is good for this club and want to see him get us up.

2. It was a fantastic day, I was there and loved it, but part of it's appeal and remembrance was down to the dreadful league form. We had little else to get excited about.

3. The "realistic" part is the manager's priorities. He builds the squad to cope with a league season, a cup run is a bonus. If you can get through without the first choice then great. We couldn't. I would love to reach a cup final and win it again but we, as a club, desperately need a promotion challenge, something we've been starved of for 10 years, bar one.

We might've been able to do both, who knows. but I'm not going to slate the manager when I know what's more important to him.

1. It's[Correct! Good use of an apostrophe!] not more important to me, I know though that Pearson needs to get promotion in order to remain in charge. I support the club, and it's[Incorrect. This is the one word where a possessive apostrophe is null and void.] manager, I think Pearson is good for this club and want to see him get us up.

2. It was a fantastic day, I was there and loved it, but part of it's[Incorrect, see previous note.] appeal and remembrance was down to the dreadful league form. We had little else to get excited about.

3. The "realistic" part is the manager's[Well done!] priorities. He builds the squad to cope with a league season, a cup run is a bonus. If you can get through without the first choice then great. We couldn't[Very good! A contraction is indicated with an apostrophe.]. I would love to reach a cup final and win it again but we, as a club, desperately need a promotion challenge, something we've[Nicely done.] been starved of for 10 years, bar one.

We might've[Wonderful use of contraction!] been able to do both, who knows. but I'm[I'd have been disappointed if you got this one wrong. Congratulations!] not going to slate the manager when I know what's[Good.] more important to him.

Apostrophe score: 7/9. Room for improvement, but Corky is making steady progress in his understanding of apostrophes this term and should soon be performing at a higher level. He struggles with the concept of "its", but with Daggers eating all the crayons and using his faeces as projectiles in the classroom, and the pair of Snow and Seenitall in constant competition to cover more window-area in their saliva, our special needs staff are at full capacity and so Corky's problem should be seen as the least of our problems - perhaps it would be worth getting him a private tutor to address it.

Putting all the happy clapping blind faith brigade aside, we are in a position that could have been well avoided.

Cardiff made damn sure that the cup was not going to mess their position up.

Whether NP thought we had a big enough squad to compete in both the league and FA cup remains to be seen, but my opinion is he did and will now pay that price.

Having 2 games in hand is not a blessing at all, ask anyone involved in football that points on the board are by far the preferred option.

As another poster above said, we have blown it I'm afraid. Too many around us winning to allow losses to Peterborough to not count.

I really believe that we have had our opportunities this year to cement our place, we didn't maximise them and it is now time for some other team to ride Lady Luck to the finish line.

Watford and Blackburn are both a more industrious outfit than ours and that'll show over the coming weeks.

Playoffs? Just!

Putting all the happy clapping blind faith brigade aside, we are in a position that could have been well avoided.

Cardiff made damn sure that the cup was not going to mess their position up.

Whether NP thought we had a big enough squad to compete in both the league and FA cup remains to be seen, but my opinion is he did and will now pay that price.

Having 2 games in hand is not a blessing at all, ask anyone involved in football that points on the board are by far the preferred option.

As another poster above said, we have blown it I'm afraid. Too many around us winning to allow losses to Peterborough to not count.

I really believe that we have had our opportunities this year to cement our place, we didn't maximise them and it is now time for some other team to ride Lady Luck to the finish line.

Watford and Blackburn are both a more industrious outfit than ours and that'll show over the coming weeks.

Playoffs? Just!

:surrender:

Archived