Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chrishlcfc

ben marshall

Yeah but have you heard Nigel's interviews stringer "unbelievable performance from Knocky Nigel?" NP "erm yeah but he's still got a lot of his game to work on, listen, Knocky can change a game but there's other parts of the game that are important" basically, give me a few months and I'll have Knocky helping his team mates first before trying to do it on his own.

Errr it's called trying not to focus on one player. Even if a defender puts in a great performance he'll say the strikers defended from the front etc.

Marshall was built up by spectacular goals and a nice song to be something his other play never matched up to. Been saying it since last season

Errr it's called trying not to focus on one player. Even if a defender puts in a great performance he'll say the strikers defended from the front etc.

Marshall was built up by spectacular goals and a nice song to be something his other play never matched up to. Been saying it since last season

Can it not be both our explnations? Can Nigel not be doing two things at once?

Because there is nothing else to talk about!

Usually its a jizz fest over Pearson on here. Thankfully that has ceased since he's shown himself to be a bit of a muppet, but I'm sure you can all go back to it when we grab an unlikely point vs some alsoruns or a heroic victory somewhere which NP will have 'masterminded'.

But in the meantime, while we rack up insipid display after insipid display, some of the voices of reason will begin to be heard, since the clamour of recognition for NP has momentarily quietened. Its just the way it is.

As I say, once we get 3 points somewhere, for most people (inexplicably) the cracks will have been papered over and we'll be nailed on for top two again and you won't notice the occasional post from us lot in the real world going 'erm.. don't think certain issues and resolved - or I don't think everything is that rosy' - because it will be buried under a pile of fickle, positive nonsense.

Because there is nothing else to talk about!

Usually its a jizz fest over Pearson on here. Thankfully that has ceased since he's shown himself to be a bit of a muppet, but I'm sure you can all go back to it when we grab an unlikely point vs some alsoruns or a heroic victory somewhere which NP will have 'masterminded'.

But in the meantime, while we rack up insipid display after insipid display, some of the voices of reason will begin to be heard, since the clamour of recognition for NP has momentarily quietened. Its just the way it is.

As I say, once we get 3 points somewhere, for most people (inexplicably) the cracks will have been papered over and we'll be nailed on for top two again and you won't notice the occasional post from us lot in the real world going 'erm.. don't think certain issues and resolved - or I don't think everything is that rosy' - because it will be buried under a pile of fickle, positive nonsense.

Funny you weren't calling him a muppet when we were sat second two games ago, in fact you were rather conspicuous in your absence with the other whinge bags old chap.

Couple of games lost and everyone is shit again though :rolleyes:

You said we'd be in a relegation fight with Pearson. Unless they turn the league upside down that aint happening.

Funny you weren't calling him a muppet when we were sat second two games ago, in fact you were rather conspicuous in your absence with the other whinge bags old chap.

Couple of games lost and everyone is shit again though :rolleyes:

You said we'd be in a relegation fight with Pearson. Unless they turn the league upside down that aint happening.

I have never once changed my tune. There are a lot of criticisms that can be levelled against me, but that is not one of them.

When we getting relegated then?

I never said I was the oracle. I also couldn't foresee the purchases of Wood and Knockaert, who for me (along with Morgan) are key campaigners and very very good in this division.

The point is that my reservations about NP have never changed or wavered nor been challenged effectively.

You have to admit that although you clearly don't agree with me, I am not fickle and flippant and much of my criticism is considered, constructive and, in my opinion, justified

Or to put it another way, even amongst a 5 game run, I wasn't on here bigging up NP.

The boy needs to grow a paid of balls.

I have never seen a play look at the big centre half coming towards him to make a tackle & then just stop so he doesn't get crunched.

No pace

No skill

No strength

No bottle

Good delivery

Remind you of anyone ?????

He is just a young Paul Gallagher

The boy needs to grow a paid of balls.

I have never seen a play look at the big centre half coming towards him to make a tackle & then just stop so he doesn't get crunched.

No pace

No skill

No strength

No bottle

Good delivery

Remind you of anyone ?????

He is just a young Paul Gallagher

Now that, I can agree with.

The comparison is good too. I don't think its any coincidence NP went for him when Gallagher was playing less of a role.

I have never once changed my tune. There are a lot of criticisms that can be levelled against me, but that is not one of them.

I think the problem is a lot of people on here see opinion on the club as very" black or white" that should never change.

Why shouldn't you be able to adjust your opinion from recent evidence? The recent evidence of 3 losses in a row suggests there may be an issue.

The form before that suggested NP was doing something right, and we discussed that.

Why shouldnt we throw a few ideas/questions out there when things go wrong?

Do people expect posters like TPH or myself to look devistated when Marshall fires in a 119th minute at wembley to seal Leicester's place in the prem, just because we made comments on foxestalk months earlier?

Of course there are extremes - usually the lot that ring in on the moan in who often don't seem to be able to base opinion on anything relevant.

Whatever happened to that bloke who scored about five 25-yarders within a few weeks last season? He seems to lack the confidence to shoot these days....and isn't convinced that he can beat his man either.

The biggest job that NP has to do at the moment is a psychological one - to restore the confidence of players who've lost it. Some adjustments of tactics and/or personnel may be required, but without a restoration of confidence that'll be near worthless.

Personally, I'd rest Marshall and Drinky, bring in Dyer and King (with Gally another option), but somehow seek to bolster the confidence of the dropped players on the training ground so that they come back stronger in a few matches time, ready to raise their game for the end of the season. I'd also mix it up more, playing a bit more long ball stuff, as the short-passing game doesn't work when Drinky is off his game, like now - and Wood (even Nugent) can handle long balls; in turn this can create more space in midfield as it pushes the opposition defence back.

I'd keep Knocky in, though, despite him having a stinker last night and deservedly being subbed early. Even in an average performance, he's always capable of pulling something out of the hat - a brilliant shot, pass, dribble or whatever.

Drinkwaters fault for the first one and konch for the second one two in two for konch now. And don't go saying its a team game they are the basic of basic errors there making.

Are you suggesting he has no influence on the proceedings of a game?

Did no one think he was our best player last night until 60 minutes? Ok, his corners weren't great but he was positive going forward. He was destroying the right back, and had one good long range effort. Criticise Knockeart if anyone after yesterday. He didn't complete a pass.

Also those suggesting he's been shite all season, look at his statistics. Scored about 5 and assisted 10. Some on here are so deluded calling for Gallagher to come straight back in. I like Gallagher a lot but this is on the forum where for the last 18 months people have abused him like nothing else.

Seems to lack confidence. He isn't a terrible player though, I cannot agree with that. Marshall is a good Championship player, it's just that his confidence seems to have dropped and been at a low for months now.

Seems to lack confidence. He isn't a terrible player though, I cannot agree with that. Marshall is a good Championship player, it's just that his confidence seems to have dropped and been at a low for months now.

That's exactly what i was saying in the original post ;).

Archived