Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chrishlcfc

ben marshall

Can't believe he's being made a scapegoat. He works so hard for the team and is a player who an change the game ina flash. Pops up with assists and important goals.

Think he's better on the right than the left but for me he offers much more than Dyer.

Take a closer look at his all round performance next time you see him play and you'll see that he offers a lot more than people think to the team.

Your thoughts when he aimlessly walks around when we're trying to break away?

Wouldn't say big myself. Certainly gave us a different option but with the way he plays, the pitch meant he'd never be able to have a real big impact on the game for me.

One of my big criticisms of Dyer is that he tries to run through people and obviously it never works!

At least he CAN actually run passed people, unlike Marshall who has no pace what so ever.

At least he CAN actually run passed people, unlike Marshall who has no pace what so ever.

Marshall can cross. Dyer can't. What's running past someone any good for when the end product is as good as a glass hammer?

And to him aimlessly walking around when we're attacking, that's a massive exaggeration. He has a duty as a member if the team, sometimes he can't always commit.

Just wish people would get off of his back and let him play.

Marshall can cross. Dyer can't. What's running past someone any good for when the end product is as good as a glass hammer?

And to him aimlessly walking around when we're attacking, that's a massive exaggeration. He has a duty as a member if the team, sometimes he can't always commit.

Ben, is that you?

Never saw Beckham skin anyone often either, it's all about getting quality balls in the box.

Marshall hasn't been doing enough of that recently imo, but he's a disciplined player & in the rest of his game he's doing a job for the team.

Aside from that I think he has the most assists in the side? Someone said he had anyway.... and that really is his job, what's the problem... no 35 yarders? Well that ain't going to happen as Knocky is the one who's roving across the pitch, if someone else was too the team would collapse, you need one roving player & one to take one for the team.

I think Dyer is a threat & he's a hard worker too, we all know his final ball is a bit limited, but if it wasn't he'd be £20m and playing for someone else.

It's good to have these two different skill sets in the squad.

Agree that Dyer has a limited end product but if he did have, he wouldn't be playing in the Championship! Marshall is no better than Gallagher in my opinion. We have all seen Marshall put some quality into the box at times but it's as often as Loyd bursting past someone.

Never saw Beckham skin anyone often either, it's all about getting quality balls in the box.

Marshall hasn't been doing enough of that recently imo, but he's a disciplined player & in the rest of his game he's doing a job for the team.

Aside from that I think he has the most assists in the side? Someone said he had anyway.... and that really is his job, what's the problem... no 35 yarders? Well that ain't going to happen as Knocky is the one who's roving across the pitch, if someone else was too the team would collapse, you need one roving player & one to take one for the team.

I think Dyer is a threat & he's a hard worker too, we all know his final ball is a bit limited, but if it wasn't he'd be £20m and playing for someone else.

It's good to have these two different skill sets in the squad.

I never saw Steve Guppy go past anyone either but he would consistently put quality balls into the box. I am not questioning Marshall's effort, but there have been numerous games just recently where he has had very little impact.

Marshall is no better than Gallagher in my opinion.

Are you sure?

The difference between Marshall being seen as decent and being seen as crap is a few 30 yarders going in to the net. He's not hit any worldies recently so all of a sudden he's Gallagher-level. I also think having Knockaert as a new fans favourite doing step-overs and scoring a few specials too just shows him up as being a bit more ordinary

lol

lol

Thought Ben had a cracking game tonight, looked better on the right side.

That being said, he has to perform like this more often than not.

This performance doesn't make me forget some of the tosh I have seen from him this year but it was a massive improvement.

Archived