Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
norscot fox

Leeds Tuesday night

Dear me the negativity I see is bewildering at times.

We're not even that far behind, you do realise that don't you? Is it so unfathomable that we'll make up 8 points with one game in hand? Is it?

Reading last season might be a good example to look at.

Negative or realist?

Negative or realist?

Negative. I think most people on here in their most honest opinion would say that this season we have looked very good. Away from home we could do with showing a bit more fight and a desire to win - lately we seem to have lacked this (e.g Peterborough.) But to say that 2nd place is definitely not on the cards well - mathematically is it still possible and whilst it is possible, I don't think that we should give up on it.

That said, i'm just an over-optimistic "blind faith" supporter so, what do I know, right?

Why?

Our home form has been good,12 wins,2 draws,39 goals.

Whats to fix if it ain't broke?

But away from home......

Yes fair point mate. Maybe 4 4 2 is the way forward but I'm guessing Leeds will frustrate us and pack the midfield like Charlton did so it worries me if we don't score early

Yes fair point mate. Maybe 4 4 2 is the way forward but I'm guessing Leeds will frustrate us and pack the midfield like Charlton did so it worries me if we don't score early

4 4 2 has worked at home.

I am not convinced it works away certainly not the timid ,unambitious version of late.

People still talking about about "aiming for 2nd spot still"

I'm more concerned about trying to stay in the playoffs. Teams above us aren't really dropping points, teams belows are starting to find some decent form.

Hopefully we will get 6 points out of the next two games and create a bit of a gap from 7th place.

People still talking about about "aiming for 2nd spot still"

I'm more concerned about trying to stay in the playoffs. Teams above us aren't really dropping points, teams belows are starting to find some decent form.

Hopefully we will get 6 points out of the next two games and create a bit of a gap from 7th place.

Yes decent point. Regardless of whether we are going for top 2 or playoffs, the next 2 games are massive in terms of the season

Dear me the negativity I see is bewildering at times.

We're not even that far behind, you do realise that don't you? Is it so unfathomable that we'll make up 8 points with one game in hand? Is it?

Reading last season might be a good example to look at.

Reading last season were an absolute force BOTH at home and away, Its our away performance that will see us miss out on automatics. If you think otherwise you need your head checking, its not negativity, i'm just being realistic.

our game in hand is against Cardiff too, just to let you know

Reading last season were an absolute force BOTH at home and away, Its our away performance that will see us miss out on automatics. If you think otherwise you need your head checking, its not negativity, i'm just being realistic.

our game in hand is against Cardiff too, just to let you know

Yes, they were. But results can start to change and they'll need to of course if we're to finish 2nd. The point is that things can change and if they do we'll have a great chance of going up - again I'd point to Reading who were nowhere at one point but then things picked up quite substantially - we don't even need things to improve as much as they did for Reading.

We're in a rough patch at present, no doubt about it, and I think that's dampening many peoples' outlook on what we can achieve. As I'm sure you're aware, two results can swing opinions massively in football and I'd point to Leeds and Wednesday as two games where that could happen.

I don't appreciate the view that automatic promotion is beyond us this season because it clearly isn't. If we beat Leeds and Wednesday I absolutely guarantee you that all this negativity will be gone and I'd imagine you might think 2nd is back on again too.

Yes, they were. But results can start to change and they'll need to of course if we're to finish 2nd. The point is that things can change and if they do we'll have a great chance of going up - again I'd point to Reading who were nowhere at one point but then things picked up quite substantially - we don't even need things to improve as much as they did for Reading.

We're in a rough patch at present, no doubt about it, and I think that's dampening many peoples' outlook on what we can achieve. As I'm sure you're aware, two results can swing opinions massively in football and I'd point to Leeds and Wednesday as two games where that could happen.

I don't appreciate the view that automatic promotion is beyond us this season because it clearly isn't. If we beat Leeds and Wednesday I absolutely guarantee you that all this negativity will be gone and I'd imagine you might think 2nd is back on again too.

but at this point in time i am a lot more concerned in staying in the play-offs, that is what it has come to since P'borough away. Not even considering 2nd position as an option. If it happens, great. But i honestly looking behind us rather than what we have in front of us. Can only see Watford getting better and maybe even over taking Cardiff

but at this point in time i am a lot more concerned in staying in the play-offs, that is what it has come to since P'borough away. Not even considering 2nd position as an option. If it happens, great. But i honestly looking behind us rather than what we have in front of us. Can only see Watford getting better and maybe even over taking Cardiff

That the Watford who drew away at Wolves on Friday? Underestimating Hull a touch there.

You see that's fine. I don't mind concerns about our position in the POs because we are threatened a bit at the moment. I've mentioned how winning our next two could change things, equally, drawing our next two will do so too. We've still got work to do to get into the POs but I still see automatic promotion as a possibility if we manage to sort things out, and I believe Pearson is capable of sorting us out.

Archived