Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
norscot fox

Leeds Tuesday night

Why do some of our fans hate Leeds SO much?

Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy if that leads up to a good atmosphere on Tuesday in the L/K area but it probably won't. There will most likely be a load of people on their phones checking the Real vs United score. :(

Last season done it for me. Booing through the last post. Classy.

And no it wasnt done accidentally

Why do some of our fans hate Leeds SO much?

Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy if that leads up to a good atmosphere on Tuesday in the L/K area but it probably won't. There will most likely be a load of people on their phones checking the Real vs United score. :(

Last season done it for me. Booing through the last post. Classy.

And no it wasnt done accidentally

To all those people saying we should give up on automatics and focus on staying in the play-offs.

How would you react if the players said things like that? If I heard Morgan or NP say that they weren't still aiming for automatic promotion, and their aim is to secure a play-off spot I would be livid.

If the fans start thinking like that how can we expect the players not to, you're effectively giving up on them, lets just hope they haven't given up on themselves and on us.

To all those people saying we should give up on automatics and focus on staying in the play-offs.

How would you react if the players said things like that? If I heard Morgan or NP say that they weren't still aiming for automatic promotion, and their aim is to secure a play-off spot I would be livid.

If the fans start thinking like that how can we expect the players not to, you're effectively giving up on them, lets just hope they haven't given up on themselves and on us.

Who's given up on anything?

Personally, I don't think we will get top two now, not because of points accrued so far but because we don't pick up those all important away points.

But I ain't given up hoping...

:trumpet:

If you had been at Portman road on saturday i think you might change your point of view ... we looked lacklustre and made ipswich looked good at times ... which is an achievement

I disagree with that - until Wes had his moment of madness and lost his head, I genuinely couldn't see Ipswich scoring. They looked awful, and it was more down to our own poor individual performances (Knocky and Marshall didn't seem to be on the pitch at times and Wood never looked threatening), some bad finishing (Kane's one-on-one and header at the back-post spring to mind) and one moment of madness that cost us that game. Ipswich really were dire, and for us to lose that game made me furious on the drive back.

Fingers crossed our pitch isn't as bad as Saturday's and we don't get another shocking ref.

Bang on.

We should aim to finish second, if it's out of our reach then so be it, but if we get close at least we'll go into the play-offs in good form.

If you had been at Portman road on saturday i think you might change your point of view ... we looked lacklustre and made ipswich looked good at times ... which is an achievement

I must say I find that comment rather amusing.

I was at Portman Road on Saturday. I watched us lose a game we didn't deserve to. You have to remember that Ipswich have been quite good under McCarthy, if you had read the programme then you'd know they've been accumulating points at a rate which would've got them in the POs if they'd started like that. They're not as bad as some think.

I admit we weren't great but one mediocre performance doesn't mean that's we'll play for the rest of the season. Things can change and I believe Pearson is capable of sorting things out. What happened after a mediocre performance at Wolves? What happened after a poor run of games in mid-December?

Did you do this at Molineux in 03? lol.

I wasn't really a Leicester fan then but I don't think I would have to be honest. Away games are a bit different from home games I suppose, more exciting and when we're smashing a team the atmosphere can be excellent.

Precisely why our atmosphere is wank when were thrashing a team.

I was referring to the chimps league game in fairness.

Yes I thought you might be. :P

Just wanted to poke a bit of fun at it. ;)

I disagree with that - until Wes had his moment of madness and lost his head, I genuinely couldn't see Ipswich scoring. They looked awful, and it was more down to our own poor individual performances (Knocky and Marshall didn't seem to be on the pitch at times and Wood never looked threatening), some bad finishing (Kane's one-on-one and header at the back-post spring to mind) and one moment of madness that cost us that game. Ipswich really were dire, and for us to lose that game made me furious on the drive back.

Fingers crossed our pitch isn't as bad as Saturday's and we don't get another shocking ref.

How did we manage to lose to them?

Negative. I think most people on here in their most honest opinion would say that this season we have looked very good. Away from home we could do with showing a bit more fight and a desire to win - lately we seem to have lacked this (e.g Peterborough.) But to say that 2nd place is definitely not on the cards well - mathematically is it still possible and whilst it is possible, I don't think that we should give up on it.

That said, i'm just an over-optimistic "blind faith" supporter so, what do I know, right?

im still gunning for champions me !!!

Going down to this with a few Leeds fans (they're in the away end) so was wondering if N1 the place to go for a bit of atmosphere? Don't really want to pay the prices they're charging in K and J blocks.

Going down to this with a few Leeds fans (they're in the away end) so was wondering if N1 the place to go for a bit of atmosphere? Don't really want to pay the prices they're charging in K and J blocks.

N1 not been too bad,got a few who try and get it going in there

More than what's going to be in the family stand and the "singing" section, so if you're down that end of the ground....brace yourself

3.200 isn't it? gonna be loud

really, really looking forward to getting off the train at around 6 and walking to the ground with them :ph34r:

Archived