Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

The Smoke Bomb Saga

The Dave Jones songs were funny today. There was a decent atmosphere at the time that I saw the smoke bomb. At first I thought it was set off by someone in L1 which we don't want. The last thing we need is for us to have standing taken away from us and make out home atmosphere even more dull! Although I'd rather both sets of fans just take the piss out of eachother to generate a decent atmosphere. Throwing coins is mind numbingly stupid. Especially as one of our fans was banned for throwing some sandwich bags!

What was Sheffield Wednesdays home support like for anyone that went to Hillsborough? Because they seem to think very highly of themselves.

The Dave Jones songs were funny today. There was a decent atmosphere at the time that I saw the smoke bomb. At first I thought it was set off by someone in L1 which we don't want. The last thing we need is for us to have standing taken away from us and make out home atmosphere even more dull! Although I'd rather both sets of fans just take the piss out of eachother to generate a decent atmosphere. Throwing coins is mind numbingly stupid. Especially as one of our fans was banned for throwing some sandwich bags!

What was Sheffield Wednesdays home support like for anyone that went to Hillsborough? Because they seem to think very highly of themselves.

Shit, just the England band playing in their Kop.

100% the 2 smoke bombs came from the back of the away fans the 1st landed 3 or 4 rows in front of me .when it was thrown back a 2nd one came from the same place landed further left than the first and was again thrown back where they both burned out

Their support was pretty poor at Hillsborough; but they were in the middle of a god awful run and were utterly outplayed on the day, so it was hardly surprising they were reserved.

Love being in L1 for games like yesterday, brilliant when there is an edge between the fans. Pity we don't get more followings like that!

That said throwing the smokes on both sides was just stupid, they weren't just bombs either proper smoke grenades.

Pity we didnt score yesterday because it would've gone bananas in L1

I sit in l1 and must say it did bring back memories of being in the old pens, in the days when coin throwing was a regular thing, but as a kid back then it was a good earner once they ran out of small change lol, since the move from filbert street the club has done everything they can to make it nice for families, and fans are shocked when something like this happens now, if there was forums in the 90's I don't think this incident wouldn't have made it on there as it was the norm, well maybe not the smoke bombs.

Thats the problem by chucking stuff back you will probably find that it won't be thrown back to the original person who thrown it but could end up being thrown at an innocent elderly person or a mother and young child who it could upset or scare easily. Got to be honest though I'm sure without thinking about it if 1 was thrown at me then the first thing I would probably do without thinking about it is lob it straight back lol

The smoke bombs were from our fans, I was stood next to the knob who set it off first place, because your stewards supposedly told these lads to go up to the seats closest to the L1 block.

Also regardkng the reverse fixture, didn't hear much from your fans till late into second half but then again as someone pointed out, stuck with our kop band behind me, won't hear anything else.

Was in L1 and 2 smoke Bombs as well has loads of coins came from the away scumbags but were thrown back into their end

I apologise on behalf of SWFC for the hooligan element in our club. Most clubs have them and no right minded fan would condone such action.

Thanks

Atmosphere was great from the Wednesday lads, but was better after we scored. I thought the aggro in the first 10 mins was great. I'm only 15 and I think that's the earliest age fans should be getting involved with all that and it's the parents fault if they take their kids in that area. The Dave Jones Barmy Army chants were great!

For any of the Wednesday fans in here, what is all the jumping up and down about?

Do you sing at the same time because from the kop end all it looked like was everyone jumping.

I think its if you don't ****ing bounce, if you don't f*ucking bounce you're a blade.. something along them lines...

near the end of this video

I'm only 15 and I think that's the earliest age fans should be getting involved with all that and it's the parents fault if they take their kids in that area.

Not really, think parents should be able to take their children anywhere in a ground and not expect smoke bombs and coins to be thrown at them.

The away support was good but Wednesday fans need to get a grip and stop bigging themselves up, I was in Sk2 with a neutral who was at the Wednesday v palace game two weeks ago with me when 300 palace fans palace fans outsung the home fans all game. The atmosphere at Hillsborough is shocking most times. And as for singing your support is f@cking sh@t before the game in the counting house pub ( away pub ) well that's just shows you their age (15 - 20 yr). I give credit to L1 who as my Sheffield friend said created a better atmosphere than the Hillsborough kop do most weeks, and I know as well as I live just off Leepings lane.This is not meant as a dig at the Wednesday fans but just a word to say big it up with the blades not Leicester because your just a small village in Sheffield, ;-).

I think its if you don't ****ing bounce, if you don't f*ucking bounce you're a blade.. something along them lines...

Must be one of their main songs then.

The bloke taking that film and his mate spent 3 minutes looking at L block rather than the game, I bet they were like that for most of the game along with maybe half of their support.

Palace didn't out sing us.

I didn't hear them once.

For 4,000 fans you were exceptionally quite, especially when your in and around the play-offs.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed your cup final and we'll be back next year.

WEDNESDAY

cup final?

Against a team near the relegation zone.....and no rival links whatsoever?

ok.

Archived