Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

The Smoke Bomb Saga

I dont get the sloop John B song. I mean " I wanna go home, I wanna go hooooome, leicester's a shit hole I wanna go home"???

Well **** off back home, well **** off back hooooome, no-one stopping you so **** off back home...

To be fair, we do sing it as well... But there are so many same sounding songs that every club in the division sings now, they get boring after a bit ("we will do what we want", "I want to go home" etc).

I'd agree with that. Although that's not knocking Wednesday's away support because they did generally seem like a decent bunch overall, when they weren't throwing smoke bombs and (allegedly) coins at our fans!

No allegedly about it they WERE throwing coins being the nearest to them I think I know

Published on Monday 11 March 2013 13:52

POLICE made arrests after smoke bombs were thrown by fans at the game between Sheffield Wednesday and Leicester City over the weekend.

One woman suffered burns to her leg and needed medical treatment at the King Power Stadium, Leicester.

Police said the smoke bombs were hurled by fans shortly after the start of Saturday’s game.

A spokeswoman said: “Smoke canisters were thrown from one section of the crowd to another.

“Two people were arrested in connection with this and have since been released with no further action.

“A further three arrests were made at the match, one for a Section 4 Public Order offence, one for common assault and one in connection with a football banning order.”

And to right they threw it back, don't think anybody wants to be stood being smoked out, I know my 10 year old son didn't. Maybe a quicker response by the police and stewards to remove the original culprits maybe would have stopped the others coming over. From where I was sat the police wanted to be friends with there fans, the fat bloke with his top off, was making threats and aggravating the incident and tension, the police response was to shake his hand and treat him like a long lost friend, the abuse continued and still not ejected.

Smoke bombs are quite safe unless you do someting wreckless like throw them into a crowd of people and anyone who does this has no regard for anyone else. Both sets of fans were wrong to throw them, there are no excuses for this type of behaviour. Hopefully they ill be identified and banned.

Leicester threw it back.

I'm not disputing that. But if they hadn't have bought it into the ground and threw it in the first place, we wouldn't have threw it back. I am all for lively atmospheres and a good laugh but if it comes down to making arrests, then they should name the club they are from. We shouldn't want to tarnish our reputation.

The first one that landed near me was left on the floor for at least a good 15-20 seconds before anyone threw it back. The smoke was getting worse (whilst I don't condone it) it's easy to say it shouldn't be thrown back when your not standing in it breathing it in, not being able to see much and no steward appears to be coming down to move it.

Like I say I'm not condoning it, but I was glad when someone threw it back.

I dont get the sloop John B song. I mean " I wanna go home, I wanna go hooooome, leicester's a shit hole I wanna go home"???

Well **** off back home, well **** off back hooooome, no-one stopping you so **** off back home...

But that isn't really the Sloop John B song, to sing it properly you just sing the wanna go home bit.

If we sang the proper song it would sound great,

So hoist up the John B sail,

See how the main sail sets,

Call for the captain ashore and let me go home,

I wanna go home, I wanna go home,

I feel so broke up, I wanna go home, (replace with.....this is the worst trip I've ever been on) next time round

da daa da,da daa da.

Too complicated for most of our fans though.

FC United of Manchester song anyway.

From the Wednesday forum...

"Leicester tossers! So clever when the game started, throwing smoke bombs! See how they started sneaking out as the game was coming to a close"

____

I don't really get that as it was them who threw it first, unless he is messing around/being sarcastic, of course. But I've always thought they are dangerous anyway, especially if people are going to throw them. So dangerous, and when people end up getting burnt during a football match, something has to be done. That sort of thing shouldn't be happening anywhere near a football ground, or anywhere at all really.

Two minds here. Certainly think it made it more hostile (which I'm a fan of) but it was very brain-dead throwing them between each other as it just makes the health & safety brigade even more against them.

All this "what if it hit a woman or a kid" stuff is embarrassing though, as in seriously embarrassing.

Two minds here. Certainly think it made it more hostile (which I'm a fan of) but it was very brain-dead throwing them between each other as it just makes the health & safety brigade even more against them.

All this "what if it hit a woman or a kid" stuff is embarrassing though, as in seriously embarrassing.

Read my post earlier... Because I can't be sure but I think something did..

It's not embarrassing.. Just don't throw anything.

really! Because if you threw one and hit my kids,I think you would need more than the health and safety brigade!

Archived