Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Leicester Legend Statue

First of all hahaha, to all of you funny cvnts saying shit Leicester players, brilliant, very witty, you must be very proud of yourselves FFS every fvking thread where somebody wants to look at what is good about Leicester we get the same shit, it's like some people enjoy wallowing in the mediocrity of our recent years.

A statue depicting this photo would be magic. banks_and_shilton_sjpg297.jpg

Great shout that, we should also think about the make up of the statue,

This one of Walshy is iconic:

Silenceoftherams.jpg

It's even called the silence of the rams, perfect.

Or this as a giant statue for people to walk under to get into the kop:

_774289_walsh300.jpg

Whatever you think of Claridge, he scored 2 of the most important goals in our history.

Keith Weller in his white tights

Arthur Chandler with 6 swans flying overhead.

This one would also be class:

1521484.jpg.2863_display_image.jpg

If there is an iconic one of the 1964 cup win, then that could be another. maybe Graham Cross (all time record appearances) lifting it.

Funny how many times Kieth Weller is mentioned I think those of us who saw him play may understand it.Just something very special about the man and his way of playing the game.

Respect to all the others few of the 60s players deserve a mention Davie Gibson,Stringeh,Howard Riley,and of course Graham Cross.

BFp-dQzCAAASpCR.jpg

He never said that he didn't enjoy his time at Leicester, just that he was still upset at the way it ended and seems to still hold a grudge about that particular aspect. Anyway thanks for taking the trouble to try and disprove something that I didn't say.

First of all hahaha, to all of you funny cvnts saying shit Leicester players, brilliant, very witty, you must be very proud of yourselves FFS every fvking thread where somebody wants to look at what is good about Leicester we get the same shit, it's like some people enjoy wallowing in the mediocrity of our recent years.

Great shout that, we should also think about the make up of the statue,

This one of Walshy is iconic:

Silenceoftherams.jpg

It's even called the silence of the rams, perfect.

Or this as a giant statue for people to walk under to get into the kop:

_774289_walsh300.jpg

Whatever you think of Claridge, he scored 2 of the most important goals in our history.

Keith Weller in his white tights

Arthur Chandler with 6 swans flying overhead.

This one would also be class:

1521484.jpg.2863_display_image.jpg

If there is an iconic one of the 1964 cup win, then that could be another. maybe Graham Cross (all time record appearances) lifting it.

That's Grayson in the picture with Walshie isn't it?

TBH, I don't think the league cup wins are worthy of a statue. I'd rather have statues just focusing on the legends themselves, rather than our club's mediocre achievements.

That's Grayson in the picture with Walshie isn't it?

TBH, I don't think the league cup wins are worthy of a statue. I'd rather have statues just focusing on the legends themselves, rather than our club's mediocre achievements.

Now you've said that it could be, I was looking for an iconic one of Walsh lifting the cup, I've always thought that was Claridge, probably the gormless expression.

I don't think the league cup wins are anything to be sniffed at, and really defined the Mon, Walsh, Eliot era, I would like a statue that means more than just the player, the one of Walsh wheeling away after scoring against Derby is iconic.

Like the banks shilton one it tells a story of Leicester's history rather than just the player.

He never said that he didn't enjoy his time at Leicester, just that he was still upset at the way it ended and seems to still hold a grudge about that particular aspect. Anyway thanks for taking the trouble to try and disprove something that I didn't say.

You're awfully touchy.

You made it sound like he bore a grudge with the club, when he doesn't.

Weller is still the most skilful and exciting player I have ever seen in a Leicester shirt.

Yes a statue of that Banks /Shilton picture would definitely be amazing and all visitors from other clubs would relate to it be cause they are both England legends.

Yes Linekar is a true Leicester lad and played a number of seasons for us before chasing the bright lights. And don't laugh, but also Heskey, many knock him but I still think he was one of the best target men that players like Cottee and. Claridge (for us) then Owen and Fowler (for Liverpool) could play off.

But let's go back to Weller, he was a hero for us, sod the other fans who may turn up and look at the statue and say "who was he?"

WELLER please

LCFC_1884, on 17 March 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

heskey should get one, no many people know this but when we were in administration he payed millions of his own money to help us out.

quote name='rico' timestamp='1363560316' post='2533293']

think it was a few hundred thousand rather than millions

------

Actually it was less than £100k, in fact if you combined the investment of Heskey & Lineker, the Foxes Trust actually put more money in than both put together (no, not trying to suggest the Trust should have a statue, just trying to make claims factual).

Not sure what prompted this entire poll - we looked into costs of a statue a number of years ago, could be talking £250k - so who would pay ?

LCFC_1884, on 17 March 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

heskey should get one, no many people know this but when we were in administration he payed millions of his own money to help us out.

quote name='rico' timestamp='1363560316' post='2533293']

think it was a few hundred thousand rather than millions

------

Actually it was less than £100k, in fact if you combined the investment of Heskey & Lineker, the Foxes Trust actually put more money in than both put together (no, not trying to suggest the Trust should have a statue, just trying to make claims factual).

Not sure what prompted this entire poll - we looked into costs of a statue a number of years ago, could be talking £250k - so who would pay ?

Why £250k?. Arsenal and even cov have done it for far less.

Btw, the Banks/ Shilton statue gets my nod.

I would suggest it could be done for a lot less than £100k.Used know a fella down in wales who pitched for the john charles statue and he was nowhere near that much.They asked the sculptors to do a small scale job and tender for the work.Top artist Michael J Field if anyone wants a look.

Back to topic the Banks/shilts pic looks very good

Archived