Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Leicester Legend Statue

Banks and Linekar should be 100%.

Then any out out:

- Walsh

- Izzet

- Claridge

- Heskey

- Lennon

- Elliot

- Worthington

- Birch

- Weller

- Arthur Chandler

- Arthur Rowley

- Sep Smith

- Shilton

- Cross (all time most appearances)

davieG won't be too happy about a certain omission!

I went for:

Banks - World Cup winner and served throughout one of our best periods. Arguably the greatest goalkeeper of all time, world famous.

Walsh - The all time fans hero. The embodiment of Leicester City passion and his glorious moment against the Sheep would make a great statue.

Lineker - World Cup Golden Boot winner and a national hero, we really should milk him for all we've got.

I struggled with the 4th. Izzet and Weller are both all time legends but their achievements don't quite stack up to the others.

I think the 4th has to be between Chandler and Rowley for me. But I can't choose.

Chandler is our all time record goalscorer.

But I believe Rowley's goals to game ratio was better and he got within 8 goals of Chandler's record after being here 5 seasons less.

Plus, Rowley is a legend of the game as a whole having the most football league goals of all time.

On the other hand, Chandler spent more time in the top division for us only 2 of 13 seasons were in division 2 whereas I think only 2 of Rowley's were Division 1 campaigns.

I think it would only be fair for them to both have one.

What did Derby have near their dugouts yesterday? Looked like a brick wall and a statue.

it is indeed - the wall is built from Bricks from the Baseball Ground and the Bust is of Steve Bloomer a derby legend (last derby player to score a league hatrick lol) Financed by the fans i think as is the one outside PP with Help from a Local Comapany who did the plinth and surrounding bit that er surrounds it ..our Multi Billionaire Backers paid in didley squat

heskey should get one, no many people know this but when we were in administration he payed millions of his own money to help us out.

Actually I think quite a lot of people know he donated, but that he donated 100k. If he did actually donate millions, which I doubt, then yes you are right not many people know that.

Got to be between Lineker, Banks and Walsh. I actually think Walsh would be #1 in my pecking order, as he's the only one that didn't leave to better his career. You can't blame Banks or Lineker for doing that, as it was the right thing and I'd have done the same, but Walsh out of the 3 enjoyed his best years here, and for me that's enough reason for him to be our no.1 legend despite what Lineker did for us also.

Got to be between Lineker, Banks and Walsh. I actually think Walsh would be #1 in my pecking order, as he's the only one that didn't leave to better his career. You can't blame Banks or Lineker for doing that, as it was the right thing and I'd have done the same, but Walsh out of the 3 enjoyed his best years here, and for me that's enough reason for him to be our no.1 legend despite what Lineker did for us also.

Banks only left because we decided a 16 year old Shilts was better than him tbf lol

Walsh

Lineker

Banks/Izzett

Rowley

Walsh was a hero, almost a one-club man, and a phenomenal player-how we could do with his passing now.

Lineker is Mr Leicester, so modest people genuinely forget how good he was. Would pick him over every England striker since.

Rowley, another long servant, but also a record holder. Never saw him, but an iconic figure of our history.

Banks or Izzett? Hell of a call. Every logical bone says Banks, who was a WC winner and proper gent, but for me Izzett epitomised the best of our style and spirit for as long as I've been a fan. A loyal servant who came down with us, could have moved up, could have been Charlie Big Potatoes, but he was humble, inspirational, heroic and incredibly talented. If we have another player of his class in the next 20 years I'll be chuffed. Sorry Gordon...

Met Gordon Banks in June last year. Incredibly nice chap and obviously a City legend but still clearly holds a grudge about the way he was forced out by Leicester. Admitted that Stoke are the favourite club that he's played for too.

Banks - WC winner, arguably the best keeper this world/country's ever seen.

Shilton - Most capped England player, arguably the best keeper this world/country's ever seen.

Lineker - Golden boot winner, never cautioned, bested only by Charlton for England goals.

Walsh - Goes without saying really. Cult hero.

A statue depicting this photo would be magic.

banks_and_shilton_sjpg297.jpg

Great photo but if I remember rightly bank's testimonial game in the programme there was a photo of him and shilton diving? Does anybody have or know which photo I mean?

Banks, World Cup winner while with Leicester.

Weller, because he was just a pleasure to watch. I still feel lucky that i got to see him play live.

Lineker, local lad made good. 2nd highest goalscorer ever for England, and left us through ambition to win things, rather than just wanting more money, like Peter Shilton did, when he left us for that footballing giant Stoke City!

Finally i have to say Sep Smith. Said by many of the older generation to be the best player ever to pull on a Leicester shirt.

Plus the fact he was my great uncle too. :)

Archived