Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Leicester Legend Statue

Love the Banks/Shilton idea. Similar theme to the Olympics ... passing on from the old to the next generation.

Also, there's a photo of a group of City players at the end of an FA Cup semi-final (at Hillsborough, 1961 ??) that I've always thought would make a brilliant 'spirit of Leicester City' statue. I think the players are Mclintock, King, Gibson and Banks ?? Can't find it at the moment.

LCFC_1884, on 17 March 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

heskey should get one, no many people know this but when we were in administration he payed millions of his own money to help us out.

quote name='rico' timestamp='1363560316' post='2533293']

think it was a few hundred thousand rather than millions

------

Actually it was less than £100k, in fact if you combined the investment of Heskey & Lineker, the Foxes Trust actually put more money in than both put together (no, not trying to suggest the Trust should have a statue, just trying to make claims factual).

Not sure what prompted this entire poll - we looked into costs of a statue a number of years ago, could be talking £250k - so who would pay ?

Of course it did, how many people paid £10 or whatever it was to be in The Foxes Trust at the time purely with the intention of saving the club? Add that together with a few no-doubt rather wealthy contributors then they were bound to be the biggest/one of the biggest contributors.

The individual contributions made by Lineker and Heskey were far more than they ever had to do, and in comparison very significant.

£100k in fact.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...kshire-14328753

We could raise that...couldn't we?.

£100,000 would be pocket money for The Thais and further good PR for them. I'm sure were it brought up with them or given enough support then they would soon have one up.

I think the one thing we need to do is avoid what Arsenal appear to be doing. Eight years of no success and all of a sudden statues of figures from their glory days are popping up all over the place. Bit of desperate nostalgia I can't help but feel.

I think we should put 2 up out each stand. But two people who are similar. For example

Shilton and Banks.. That photo of the older generation passing onto the younger generation. Both Englands number 1.

Heskey and Lineker... For saving the football club.

Izzet and Walsh... Two great players who gave 150% every game.

Not decided who the other two could be

I think we should put 2 up out each stand. But two people who are similar. For example

Shilton and Banks.. That photo of the older generation passing onto the younger generation. Both Englands number 1.

Heskey and Lineker... For saving the football club.

Izzet and Walsh... Two great players who gave 150% every game.

Not decided who the other two could be

Arthur Chandler and Arthur Rowley? the two top goalscorers ever for City

A statue of heskey .. ****ing hell lol lol

Guess you're not old enough to remember when he burst on the scene. I would say that Liverpool don't shell out £11,000,000 on someone without them being top quality but then they spent £35,000,000 on Carroll...

He gave his all for this club and even when he left he cared enough to put his own money back into the club. Can't say that for a lot of our former players.

Guess you're not old enough to remember when he burst on the scene. I would say that Liverpool don't shell out £11,000,000 on someone without them being top quality but then they spent £35,000,000 on Carroll...

He gave his all for this club and even when he left he cared enough to put his own money back into the club. Can't say that for a lot of our former players.

So we should make a statue of him just because he gave money to the club? I bet there were loads of other people on the consortium but should we make a statue of them?

So we should make a statue of him just because he gave money to the club? I bet there were loads of other people on the consortium but should we make a statue of them?

I believe that it's one of the many reasons why he should get one. He gave a lot of money. We're not talking a couple of grand either.

Making yourself look a little bit silly here. Local lad Heskey has given a lot to this football club over the years. As said above...commanded a fee of £11 million back in 2000...that alone is pretty impressive.

Making yourself look a little bit silly here. Local lad Heskey has given a lot to this football club over the years. As said above...commanded a fee of £11 million back in 2000...that alone is pretty impressive.

No I'm not. So has Rakriaksorn but I don't get how he deserves a statue when I'm sure people gave money at the same time too?

Archived