Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Palace Away

So meet up in the weetherspoons in London, which one?

Not a Spoons, but The Barrow Boy And Banker at London Bridge is good, a 3min stroll to the station and pick up and train and you'll be at Norwood Junction in 10mins

If you're going to Palace via London Bridge, I work in the area and there are some excellent boozers in the area - not cheap but where in London is? (With the exception of Sam Smith's and certain Wetherspoons - any of the following are good:

Southwark Tavern - on the edge of Borough market, housed in a former prison, excellent range of lagers and ales

The Market Porter - Brilliant on a sunny day, simple boozer with Greenwich meantime ales

The Rake - I haven't been but apparently more varieties of beer than there is room for people (130 vs 40)

The George - More for its historical significance than its beer - the oldest coaching inn in England

Katzenjammers - Not cheap and a bit tacky but excellent German beer

Not a Spoons, but The Barrow Boy And Banker at London Bridge is good, a 3min stroll to the station and pick up and train and you'll be at Norwood Junction in 10mins

I've got that down on my list, but i thought it would also be good to meet up in central london aswell. I remember some leicester fans creating a bit of banter with some Barnsley fans in a wetherspoons in leicester square a few years ago and i think that was palace aswell.

Just booked my ticket. Was wondering about the whole point system, does anyone actually know how it works? It says on the Palace option- 10 points, but when I purchased it said I got 0 points, does that mean I used 10 points to book it? =S

Just booked my ticket. Was wondering about the whole point system, does anyone actually know how it works? It says on the Palace option- 10 points, but when I purchased it said I got 0 points, does that mean I used 10 points to book it? =S

recon they add um on later for next season 1- 2 or 3

13 away games P1 =130 points .....P 2 is between 8-12 away games or 80-120 points

Getting mine tonight after all. Think how many we take to this will be a lot dependent on tonight and Tuesday. If we win both this'll sell out easily, if not... I still think we'll take a good 2,000.

Agree with that the other downer is the crap trip back from South London. We got ours Tuesday my two nephews never been so they want to go visit some London locations first.

One of the best away days of the season if you do it properly.

Get down there for about 10am, Spoons breakfast in Leicester Square, move on to other pubs there, take the underground to Victoria, the overground to Thornton Heath, few drinks in the Spoons there and then off to the game.

By this stage you're too pissed to give a shit about the result. See first day of the 10/11 season under Sousa.

One of the best away days of the season if you do it properly.

Get down there for about 10am, Spoons breakfast in Leicester Square, move on to other pubs there, take the underground to Victoria, the overground to Thornton Heath, few drinks in the Spoons there and then off to the game.

By this stage you're too pissed to give a shit about the result. See first day of the 10/11 season under Sousa.

Excellent away that. I honestly don't think we've had an atmosphere like that away from home in the whole of this season.

Last year was pretty shit for a win but typical 1pm kick-off flatness. I'm really looking forward to this.

Got mine. Row 6 though. If I take them with me on Tuesday night will I be able to swap them for seats higher up? Sure I've done it before.

Refuse to have to sit down which I will at the bottom.

London away day, Tuesday night, massive game = all should stand for this.

Archived