Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Palace Away

Does anyone know if its worth getting an Oyster Card. Does it make the London away days cheaper or not, I do go to London fairly often as well so Is it worth it over a travelcard each time I go?

Last time I looked into it a travelcard was £8 per day standard, and £7.70 with an Oyster Card, that's for off-peak 1-4 all day travel. So I guess it's worth it over the extreme long term if it was a 1-4 card you wanted each time.

Someone more London-centric could flesh that out though I'm sure.

Last time I looked into it a travelcard was £8 per day standard, and £7.70 with an Oyster Card, that's for off-peak 1-4 all day travel. So I guess it's worth it over the extreme long term if it was a 1-4 card you wanted each time.

Someone more London-centric could flesh that out though I'm sure.

You have to pay a deposit when you get the Oyster card, but you get that back when you hand it in. Worth it in the long term if you're a regular London goer.

From Leicester you'll go direct to Pancras unless you go Leics - Nuneaton - Euston.

From London you can get the tube to Victoria and then the train to Thornton Heath.

From Leicester you'll go direct to Pancras unless you go Leics - Nuneaton - Euston.

From London you can get the tube to Victoria and then the train to Thornton Heath.

Thanks Bert!

I think we will probably go via Nuneaton as it works out cheaper.

Archived